What's missing from 2021 F-150?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
For a vehicle that stickers in the mid 70’s (in my case), I should be able to touch any door and they unlock. My dealer keeps telling me folks are trading in their BMW’s and MB’s for F-150’s. These are plush in the upper trims, but rusty rear ends and missing high end options are not going to cut it at this price point.
Sponsored

MJEngstrom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X3, 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
IT
I never really understood why basic things like mud flaps and wheel well liners are not part of the standard package. Seems silly that you have to add these yourself.

Price point to get leather and heated seats is too high
Heads up display
Touchless entry
Better warranty
Easier to understand trim levels, packages and options

I am also hoping the overall buying experience improves and becomes more omni-channel where it is same online as in person. Things like extended warranty, service coverage, etc.. should be options the customer selects and not something the finance guy tries to push on you. There is also too much price discrepancy between dealers.

machz

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I do know that Chrysler has terrific screen quality (my wife has a Pacifica and I've rented a few 300's over the years and their center screens were very clear and bright). Maybe they're a step ahead of Chevy in this space. Great point though - if you don't have line of sight (or perhaps a camera connect for a large trailer with a RV camera) - the tech definitely has some benefits.

Chrysler has nailed cameras for sure. My 19 ram had a way better camera system than 21 f150's. One of the few things I miss about my Ram over my F150

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Careful with that multi-function tailgate, if you leave your trailer ball attached and open the step, it's a trip to the collision center to repair the tailgate... There are warning sticker on the tailgate and bed side.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Hey I am new to this forum, but I am curious what you guys think. The 2021 F150 is a great truck, but what are some features from competitors that you wish the new F150 had?
[/QUOTEFor the price paid for an XLT 302a, a heated steering wheel should be included.

Sponsored

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Just some wants on the XLT ....... should have most of these standard for a $50-60k truck. Visor lights, ambient lighting, leather, 4A, ability to customize infotainment screen with personalized photos, ability for video, heated steering wheel, power fold mirrors, ability to record with cameras, wireless phone charging.

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Wish it had auto door locks - eg. you walk away and after so many seconds it would auto lock the truck if you forgot. Seems simple, basic and even inexpensive cars have had it for years. I would think they could do it with an OTA update, but at this point I wish it had that!

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I wish the center console screen could move left or right. For instance, I'm driving in the vehicle by myself I could tilt the screen toward me to give a better view. If there was a passenger, they could tilt it toward them if needed. I understand there would need to be some way to prevent it from moving if you touch the screen to use the functions, but it could be doable. Just a small thing that I think would be nice.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Plug in for the hybrid and more powerful electric motor

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
A wireless charging pad for phones below the King Ranch/Limited/Plat packages. At least put them in the XLT/Lariats...
Sponsored