What's missing from 2021 F-150?

mattl2

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Hey I am new to this forum, but I am curious what you guys think. The 2021 F150 is a great truck, but what are some features from competitors that you wish the new F150 had?
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Personally, they have had included the copilot 2.0 tech in every 2021 f150 built as standard equipment and just had a fee to subscribe later.

Also wish Ford had storage built into the bed similar to RAM but it’s not the end of the world as I don’t work out of my truck.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I wish it had the rearview video mirror like some of the Rams do.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Also wish Ford had storage built into the bed similar to RAM but it’s not the end of the world as I don’t work out of my truck.
Yes. I came from a Honda Ridgeline. I miss my trunk!

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just nice-to-haves, not must haves:

Have the Tesla-like ability to record with its cameras; so if theres a crash, you can have a recording of everything that went on.

Ability to play video on the 12"screen.

Maybe an air suspension.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I wish it had the rearview video mirror like some of the Rams do.
Back when I used to travel for work pre-covid, I rented a few Camaros that had this feature. Initially I thought it looked 'cool' but later realized that there was something with the display that made it harder for me to discern what was actually behind me. I think it probably had to do with glare, perhaps camera quality, resolution, etc. In the end - I didn't like it, at all and felt it impacted accuracy. I then realized I was perfectly A-OK with the auto-dim tech in my F150 Lariat. Just my experience. If Ford ever felt they 'perfected it', I'd definitely have to test it out before I opted for it.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Back when I used to travel for work pre-covid, I rented a few Camaros that had this feature. Initially I thought it looked 'cool' but later realized that there was something with the display that made it harder for me to discern what was actually behind me. I think it probably had to do with glare, perhaps camera quality, resolution, etc. In the end - I didn't like it, at all and felt it impacted accuracy. I then realized I was perfectly A-OK with the auto-dim tech in my F150 Lariat. Just my experience. If Ford ever felt they 'perfected it', I'd definitely have to test it out before I opted for it.
I have ridden in a brand new Ram that had this, the camera/video quality was fantastic, almost looked as good as a regular mirror. I would like it since sometimes I cant see out my back window.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I have ridden in a brand new Ram that had this, the camera/video quality was fantastic, almost looked as good as a regular mirror. I would like it since sometimes I cant see out my back window.
I do know that Chrysler has terrific screen quality (my wife has a Pacifica and I've rented a few 300's over the years and their center screens were very clear and bright). Maybe they're a step ahead of Chevy in this space. Great point though - if you don't have line of sight (or perhaps a camera connect for a large trailer with a RV camera) - the tech definitely has some benefits.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX

Have the Tesla-like ability to record with its cameras; so if theres a crash, you can have a recording of everything that went on.

Maybe an air suspension.
That sucks balls. I was really hoping that you could connect through Bluetooth or a cable and watch whatever you want on that 12 inch screen.

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Maybe an air suspension.
The recorded cameras seems like such a missed opportunity. Let me plug in a USB drive and save my drives etc. Can't be much more than a software update at that point.

CAL-150

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lab Owner
A HUD would be nice. I might be in the minority but a dial or push button shifter would be cool, no need to eat so much space on the console. I know it is a probably a production limitation but I'd like the ability to have the sport look (body colored bumpers) without having to have the black interior.