Sponsored

What XLT package includes the rain sensing wipers?

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
How the hell do you turn them on?
Sponsored

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Wait, so there’s a shot my order may have them even though I didn’t get a high enough trim to get them? I ordered a 501A Lariat with copilot assist 2.0 and 360 cam
I have the same truck as you ordered...and yes...I have the rain sensing wipers :) . I didn't know it either until I noticed them automatically wiping when it started raining.

Coacher

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 3.5 302a
Do you guys have 360 cameras. I have the 302a package and there is no option to turn rain sensing on or off
I turn my off or on by the stalk. It’s the three raindrop setting about halfway through the wiper options.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I think everyone will have the same looking stalk on the side, those drops just represent the speed for the intermittent settings if you're not in rain sensing mode.

The way the rain sensing works is you need to first enable them in the settings via Sync, and then you still need to put the wipers on a preferred setting via the stalk, the difference with having rain sensing is they'll actually stop once they see there's no rain if you leave it there, on a truck without rain sensing they'll just keep going. Off is still off, so if you do have rain sensing you can still choose to turn them completely off for when those situations arise.

It was confusing to me at first as well as many others, that even though you enable rain sensing in Sync, you do still need to initially enable the wipers via the stalk to actually have them do anything.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Okay, so 300a, there's no option in Sync/settings to turn them on.
I believe you have to have the CoPilot Assist. The following was taken from the Job #2 build (2nd half of the year), Job #1 (1st half of the year) had the same thing.

Ford F-150 What XLT package includes the rain sensing wipers? r1

Ford F-150 What XLT package includes the rain sensing wipers? r2

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
For those of us that dont have it, I wonder if you could just enable it in forscan and it would turn them on. Seems to be in the IPC-720 section.

I was reading that the raindrops set the sensitivity. Right now setting to different raindrops for me just sets it on intermittent wipes.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
It is in your SYNC settings. That's where I enabled mine.
Which sync version? I’ll check again, maybe it’s been added with an update. But I’m still pretty far behind

edit: it’s not under the settings. Still think it’s a trim level thing. Maybe it can be activated in forscan

Last edited:

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
It’s not the 3 drop setting it’s the 1 drop setting on the stalk that turns on the auto feature. That is if you have it. I find it annoying and turned it off.
Sponsored