Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and could use some advice. I placed an order for a truck with my dealer. However, they made a mistake and included three years of Blue Cruise, which apparently can't be removed. The truck has been built and is offsite in Kansas City. I have a $1,000 deposit but they'll transfer it to a new order.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WestTex277

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Oilfield
I think it’s something worth considering. I’m in the same situation. Ordered on 9/22/23. In production since 1/18/24 and still there. A guy on another forum ordered a lariat just like mine in December. It was built the first week of March and he received it (in Florida!) yesterday. That’s a quick turn from built to delivered.

CarbonMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 XL Regular Cab
Do you have anything to loose by placing another order?
Do you have a dealer willing to place another order for you with a good priority number (lower number is better)?

Based on the lack of communication regarding sitting trucks (I’m in that group), I’m betting that we’re going to be waiting until early summer…

Dakar09

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 FPace SVR, '50 Ford F-1, '65 Ford Galaxie 500
Why has the truck been sitting off-site?

As for the BlueCruise, they can keep that off my truck. I walked from a higher volume dealer that refused to take it off, potentially losing an allocation spot or two because they get a lot of trucks heading for MA.

Few questions to consider:
Will you lose the deposit?
What is the rest of build (ie: any limitations per the current lists)?
Would you be prepared to wait for the PAT, which could still delay your next truck build?

coaster57

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platnum high 702A 4x4 on order.
Occupation
Retired
Do you have anything to loose by placing another order?
Do you have a dealer willing to place another order for you with a good priority number (lower number is better)?

Based on the lack of communication regarding sitting trucks (I’m in that group), I’m betting that we’re going to be waiting until early summer…
Hopefully we won't have to wait until early summer but it's almost here now. Typically the next MY order banks open in August which I may wait and order a '25 then. This MY24 rollout has been a total screw up and no information has been provided to those of us that have a truck on order (mine since Sept. 28th).

Sponsored

Jekyll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 XLT SCAB 6.5, 2024 F150 Lariat SCREW, 6.
3-year BC is a very costly mistake and a lot to swallow if it isn't something you want. Assume you ordered a Lariat or above due to mention of PAT. Seems to me you have some power to reorder with a price reduction from dealer - they should reduce price of a reorder to well below invoice. Dealer may have a comparable stock order you could swap or, they could work a deal within their local network for a stock swap. Make them work to fix their mistake.

People and businesses make mistakes but are defined by how they correct them.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
The dealer messed up, they might be able to work with ford and add an ESP to the truck at no cost. I've seen them give them away for lesser issues.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
You waited a long time because you ordered the truck 4 months before they were building them. Have you looked at dealerships that just have what you want in stock? It's not going to take that long to order one now that they are starting to make them.

OP
OP
Theo Caldwell

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
I am getting a big discount from the dealer and I'm close with the dealership. I am more hesitant to be a complicated customer. I have the Platinum Plus 703A on order. Do we have assurances yet that they are putting the PAT on trucks?

Last edited:

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Just out of curiosity, how much is a 3 year BC subscription?

my truck doesnt have it, so I dont even know what they ask for 1 year

Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
yikes, now I get your dilemma. thats pricey

OP
OP
Theo Caldwell

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
yikes, now I get your dilemma. thats pricey
Yes - very hesistant if it makes sense but dealer is offering it for a a $300 discount. Down to $1,800.

Last edited:

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Yikes! $1800 for a "feature" you don't want while not getting a feature you do want (and should have gotten)? Doesnt sound like a great deal. To me, this is a no brainer.
Things i don't know about your sitch:
- how flexible is your timeframe?
- how strong the relationship pull is on you?

Couple of thoughts, probably of low value to you:
- This is the issue with buying a vehicle from a buddy/relation who works at the dealership...you feel a sense of emotional obligation. I'd suggest you look at it purely as a business proposition - I'd bet thats exactly how your relation is looking at it. Remember he/she does deals all day long, everyday.
- It's just my opinion, but to me, $300 dollars off on a waaaay overpriced feature that you don't want would feel like a slap in the face.
- Like you, I'm completely baffled by Ford when it comes to order/delivery times. You ordered in September, but your truck is nowhere in sight ("maybe by summer"), while other folks are taking delivery on trucks ordered a month or two ago? Again, not trying to stir the pot, but I'd be feeling pretty damned irritated. I think I'd go play Ford's game if that's how they want to play it. but it sure doesnt do much for brand loyalty, does it?

If I were in your spot, I believe I'd walk into another dealer and see what price/delivery you can get on a new order. I'd let the first order ride and decline delivery when/if it ever actually comes in assuming you are happy with the terms of the new deal. The first dealer will have no problem selling their mistake.

It's sad that Ford pushes us into such hardball tactics, but it is what it is.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Here is a thought. Tell the dealer to eat the cost, and if they won't do it, go elsewhere, reorder and leave them with the truck. Contact Ford, NOT THE DEALER and explain that you are not going to accept the truck at that price, and are looking at alternatives to Ford, since the dealer tried to screw you. You may also have legal recourses if you hve the paperwork for the order. Perhaps getting a lawwyer to write a letter to Ford and the dealer (owner of the dealership) would straighten this out.
Sponsored