• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What would you do? Will the Mach E hold value?

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
Would you keep this order for a Mach E Select? Only going to keep until I get to take delivery of the new Lighting. Maybe late 2023 or early 2024? Trying to be real on when I might get the new Lighting? Could cash in on the EV rebates this year!

Can’t keep crying about not getting my number pulled in the first 5 waves.

I gotta move on, gotta keep going, what lies ahead I have no way of knowing…

And yes I got the email from Ford on Friday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I was thinking the same thing: Buy a Mach E or ID.4 while waiting for the Lightning. The tax credit will likely be lower than $7500 for most people who haven’t already gotten an invite (and maybe some that have) so that may put you at a depreciation advantage, but with all the supply issues, I don’t think EVs are going to depreciate much over the next couple years. Demand is going to outstrip supply of any of the good ones and keep values high, IMO.

Not sure if I’ll just wait now that I got an invite (but extended it) or if I’ll buy an interim EV, but it’s tempting and I *think* relatively safe.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Same - ordered the MME after the depressing email from Ford last Friday.

At least the $7500 tax credit will work and then can resell it when the Lightning shows up.

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
Absolutely! Just look at what it will save you in gas costs alone. Drive EV in the Mustang until the F-150 arrives.
Sponsored