• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What will be your first F-150 Lightning upgrades?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Plow.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Yes like my current xlt, it's only on the rear windows. I always add state legal limit to the front driver/passenger sides and a limo (5%) brow across the top of the windshield. Makes a huge difference, especially the brow.

47624895641_681d629a6e_b.jpg
I want to see a F150 Lightning with a Fraptor grille.. ???

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just remembered one - replace that big whip antenna with a short stubby one. Get 0.1 mile of extra range from reduced aero drag!

richardfaust

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Ford 150 Lightning
Occupation
US Army
Solar PV Tonneau panel on the bed for when the solar powered camper is not there.

I'm very curious about a solar bed cover. Do they already exist and can the be used to charge your Lightning?

If my truck is sitting all day at work or all week at an airport it would be nice to add a little free juice to the battery.

do you have a link?

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
I'm very curious about a solar bed cover. Do they already exist and can the be used to charge your Lightning?

If my truck is sitting all day at work or all week at an airport it would be nice to add a little free juice to the battery.

do you have a link?
The Worksport website (worksport.com) doesn’t appear to be working today - which isn’t confidence-inspiring - but here’s a review:
https://insideevs.com/news/441787/worksport-introduces-terravis-solar-truck-tonneau-cover/

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

do you have a link?
You're not going to get enough range for it to matter.

Sponsored

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Swapping out the lightning decals with the 2nd Gen ICE lightning decal. Also adding a Carolina Squat lift kit.

Only kidding about one of those.
So no 2nd Gen ICE Lightning decals, then? :D

As an aside the NC Governor just signed a bill banning Carolina Squat modifications in the state. Takes effect Dec. 1, the penalty for those in violation is a mandatory revocation of license for at least one year.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I’m getting a Pro, painting the bumpers, door handles and mirror caps. Then adding power running boards as soon as I can confirm they will fit.
I'm thinking of going this same route, I might also investigate if the Lightbar across the front can be purchased as an OEM part, or aftermarket, and added after the fact.

Since I'm planning on getting the Pro, I may also upgrade to the 80a charger.

Also unclear if I'm keeping the vinyl seats.

Last edited:

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
The Worksport website (worksport.com) doesn’t appear to be working today - which isn’t confidence-inspiring - but here’s a review:
https://insideevs.com/news/441787/worksport-introduces-terravis-solar-truck-tonneau-cover/
I have seen this before. If it is affordable, I would definitely be interested. However, I don't understand why it needs the roll bar thing up against the cab. I would want it flat like a normal cover. Any guesses why this roll bar is necessary?

Ford F-150 Lightning What will be your first F-150 Lightning upgrades? Solor Panel Cover

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
You're not going to get enough range for it to matter.
Actually, for my use case, this might make sense. I read that the solar bed cover will cover 30% of the usual driving range, which is about 40 miles. 40 miles x 30% = 12 miles. My normal daily driving is 8 - 10 miles (I live very close to work and I have the worst use case for ICE...I have to drive very aggressively just trying to get the engine temperature up).
Sponsored