Sponsored

What To Look For On Delivery Inspection

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
Still waiting on my Limited :mad:. Here is a checklist I put together in Feb (where you can add comments if needed) as you come across things that need to be addressed. Hopefully mine will be here in anther week or two. My blend date shows to be 210129 which is a little frustrating it's taking this long. The truck was ordered on July 31.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
papa.charlie

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
Still waiting on my Limited :mad:. Here is a checklist I put together in Feb (where you can add comments if needed) as you come across things that need to be addressed. Hopefully mine will be here in anther week or two. My blend date shows to be 210129 which is a little frustrating it's taking this long. The truck was ordered on July 31.
Nice. Glad you were able to repurpose most of the original.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
It bears mentioning again.

Climb into the bed and inspect the roof of the cab.

I did a pretty thorough inspection but completely forgot about that and while everything was fine, on a 4x4 especially, you really need to get up on the bed and look.

I have seen a lot of cars damaged by private car transporters, the roof is where the damage usually occurs on them, except the one time that a luxury SUV fell off the back, taco’d 3 wheels, scraped up the bumper covers and jacked up the suspension. It’s messed up but nearly every time it happened, the owner/operator would repair the vehicle without the owner’s knowledge, paying for the repair in cash. The runaway SUV was not the case, since there was a police report of an abandoned vehicle on the highway with four flat tires and damaged wheels. The trucker didn’t notice it was missing until he was pulled over by highway patrol 100 miles from the ‘crash’ scene.

Also, it might be a tough call for some to make, but if you can, insist that the dealer fix everything wrong with the truck before you take delivery.

My dealer didn’t argue at all about the misaligned doors on my truck and included a promise to fix in the sales contract but now that I have the truck, their service department seem to be pretty confused at how doors work and have been giving me the runaround.

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Posted this in the sticky as well - for those that have had issues, do you have them corrected before signing the paperwork or before leaving the dealership?
I would do the vehicle inspection first thing, have them write any corrections down and include it in the "what they owe you" document they have.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Rust and Corrosion under the truck on major components. We are talking a tiny spot but major rust and corrosion check the exhaust system too.

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
One member
How would you verify that the active air dam is working?
One Forum member on this site showed a video from a GoPro he hooked up to his truck or you could have someone drive next to you to watch it in action. I believe it drops after you are above 40MPH.

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
So far, I haven’t seen any mention of a test mode that owners can access.

I imagine a scan tool with bi-directional control should allow testing it.

Eventually, someone is going to get a plastic bag tangled up in the air dam and then there will be some more information on the subject.

Who knows, maybe Ford can update the trucks so there can be a test/clean setting for it.
Sponsored