First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I'm sorry if I missed this information posted elsewhere, but I've read through a lot of information and didn't see it. I ordered my 2022 F150 10 days ago, which is the first vehicle that I have ever ordered. On the day I ordered it, I received a order confirmation email from Ford. It looked like the image below with my name and some of the main features. It did not have an order number or any other specific information. What is the next communication from Ford that I should expect receive and at when should I expect it? I realize this process takes a lot of time, but I'd like to know if I should expect anything prior to receiving something about it being scheduled for production. Clicking, "View Online" shows the same exact information.

Ford F-150 What to expect or order comfirmation f150 order confirmation
Sponsored

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer
32 days in, and what you have is the same thing as me. No additional communications, but I do follow up with my dealership every Friday.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sorry if I missed this information posted elsewhere, but I've read through a lot of information and didn't see it. I ordered my 2022 F150 10 days ago, which is the first vehicle that I have ever ordered. On the day I ordered it, I received a order confirmation email from Ford. It looked like the image below with my name and some of the main features. It did not have an order number or any other specific information. What is the next communication from Ford that I should expect receive and at when should I expect it? I realize this process takes a lot of time, but I'd like to know if I should expect anything prior to receiving something about it being scheduled for production. Clicking, "View Online" shows the same exact information.

f150 order confirmation.jpg
The order number is on the paper you got at the dealer.

The next step is you will receive the VIN.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter

I got my VIN and production date about 10 days after I ordered on 1/29. Thursdays is the day Ford sends that info out according to most sources. It seems patience is key, especially if you have a highly optioned model.
This is my 1st time ordering also. Im 45 years old but I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!

dstxtiger

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 5.5 501A
I got my VIN and production date about 10 days after I ordered on 1/29. Thursdays is the day Ford sends that info out according to most sources. It seems patience is key, especially if you have a highly optioned model.
This is my 1st time ordering also. Im 45 years old but I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!
damn, that’s awesome. What trim did you get? ETA: just saw it’s a ‘22 Lariat. Was torn between Lariat or XLT with a few add-ons. Ended up going XLT.

OP: I ordered on the 12th and am in the same boat you are. My dealer said I *might* get my VIN in about 3 weeks… so that would be first week of March.

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
damn, that’s awesome. What trim did you get? ETA: just saw it’s a ‘22 Lariat. Was torn between Lariat or XLT with a few add-ons. Ended up going XLT.

OP: I ordered on the 12th and am in the same boat you are. My dealer said I *might* get my VIN in about 3 weeks… so that would be first week of March.
yea, went Lariat. My wife has been a stay at home mom for the last 10 years, she just started working again. Ive always bought off the lot and never exactly what I wanted. This is a first for me and I’m super excited. I have 2 friends with 2021 XLT 3.5 ECO’s, they are awesome. I can believe how comfortable and powerful they are

Last edited:

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Received same email back on 1/20 a day after I ordered. Patiently waiting!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Now you just wait. There was no scheduling last week or this week. Hopefully Ford starts scheduling trucks again next week. They are scheduling build dates in April, last time they scheduled.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

When my truck was in play, the next email I got was one giving me both a Build Week, and a VIN. There was also a link for tracking my truck. Warning though. sometimes the tracking line didn't work.

I got a second email slipping my build week a week. After a period of time I got another email telling me my truck was built. The Ford tracker let me know the truck had shipped, and gave me a range of days for it to show up at the dealer.
Sponsored