Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I thought I would post a quick update for the customers who are interested in placing a 21/22 F-150 order or have already placed an order for a 2021 F-150. What should you expect as one model year winds down and the 2022 model year opens up?

Where is production now? The good news is that we've pretty much exhausted our retail vehicles that are on hold for microchips. So the backlog of F-150s that were delayed in being produced should be worked through for the most part. The biggest issue delaying orders previously is catching up on what was already produced. We are currently scheduling 2021 F-150s that will be produced in the month of October. So orders that scheduled the beginning of August are set to be delivered to our store by the end of October. A 90 day turn around time is a great thing compared to where we've been! There is 1 more month of dealer allocation for November production on F-150s. So there is still time to get a 2021 F-150 order in and produced.

Expectations on getting your vehicle produced as a 2021 - If you place an order with a Ford dealership and they go through the proper steps with Ford through the Customer Order Verification process, the dealer should NOT have an issue getting you an allocation for a 2021 Model year F-150. That being said, what will become an issue is commodities as the model year winds down. Specific trims or options may push your order to a 2022 model year even if your dealership has the allocation (none of this matters if you already have a VIN, your vehicle will be built). For example, if you have a Limited F-150 on order and they run out of the limited leather interior for 2021, it will not get scheduled. Or if the Twin Panel Moonroofs are sold out and you have an XLT with this option on order, it may not get scheduled and be forced to a 2022. To be clear, I have no insight as to which options may or may run out more quickly, I'm just giving examples.

2022 Start Up Production - If your order does get pushed to a 2022 model year, don't fret! We've had 2 different model year trucks show up on the same transport truck. Ford will keep clipping along on production and it may force a slight delay in getting the F-150 you desire, but it will ultimately get produced. If your order goes unscheduled, you will need to contact your dealer and re-order a 2022. Orders do not automatically flip from one model year to another.
Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Appreciate all the insight y’all provide here, really valuable. Any idea if the 22s are going to be significantly more expensive when compared to their 21 counterparts?

dweller

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon maybe 2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB 4x4 Lead Foot
Occupation
Army
Thank you for this, I have been wondering what might happen if I don’t get scheduled.

If your order goes unscheduled, you will need to contact your dealer and re-order a 2022. Orders do not automatically flip from one model year to another.
At what point should we contact our dealer to cancel and re-order a 2022? If orders get scheduled to the last week of November, and I’m still unscheduled?

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Any insight as to when 2022 options will become available to evaluate differences between 2021?

Assuming Ford is still planning on opening order bank for 2022 on September 15, from everything we’ve seen so far. Any confirmation of this?

Thanks

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Appreciate all the insight y’all provide here, really valuable. Any idea if the 22s are going to be significantly more expensive when compared to their 21 counterparts?
Is expect a slight increase, but I don't know how much.
Thank you for this, I have been wondering what might happen if I don’t get scheduled.

At what point should we contact our dealer to cancel and re-order a 2022? If orders get scheduled to the last week of November, and I’m still unscheduled?
Once the 2022 order banks open up. I'd say mid-November or December I'd contact them.
Any insight as to when 2022 options will become available to evaluate differences between 2021?

Assuming Ford is still planning on opening order bank for 2022 on September 15, from everything we’ve seen so far. Any confirmation of this?

Thanks
I believe that's correct.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

Thanks
I imagine we won't see options until the say before ordering opens. I say that because most people would probably wait if they knew what was going to change.

I'm wondering if start/stop will become a permanent option. I still don't see why they can't give the option for it to stay off for the ones built that currently have it.

Last edited:

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Guess I might be getting a 22 MY. I optioned the heck out of my lariat and on top of that its a 09/13 build week. Fingers crossed everyone's build week(date) holds and it works out.

IF we have a VIN though, just to be clear, it is set to be built unless they run out of matierls.

Last edited:

ThunderBubba

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2018 Explorer
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update. It's great to get a dealers perspective. And great to hear the chip shortage seems to be easing up.

Have you as a dealer seen any improvement in the timeframe of the date a vehicle is ordered and when it is assigned a VIN?

Rader398

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150. 2001 Navigator
Occupation
Retired
This does shed some light as to why my pretty much maxed out 2021 Platinum that has been ordered since 4/23/21 still has no build date scheduled……….all I hear is the order is at the factory but not even a clue as to which one!!!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Guess I might be getting a 22 MY. I optioned the heck out of my lariat and on top of that its a 09/13 build week. Fingers crossed everyone's build week(date) holds and it works out.

IF we have a VIN though, just to be clear, it is set to be built unless they run out of matierls.
If you have a build week there's no need to worry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the update. It's great to get a dealers perspective. And great to hear the chip shortage seems to be easing up.

Have you as a dealer seen any improvement in the timeframe of the date a vehicle is ordered and when it is assigned a VIN?
Yeah, the estimated build timeframe has moved up significantly. We just need to hope that there's more more delays. I think we're mostly out of the woods

gb1194

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Nuke Plant Operator
Thanks for the info. I have a July 3rd Tremor order date with no VIN as of yet. Should I expect a build date before October or later? Do you think I will see anything before the end of the year? No movement on the Tremors is getting a little exasperating.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
If you have a build week there's no need to worry.
You guys are Granger are great for all the info pushed out to customers/the forums. You guys do good work. Keep doing what you guys are doing!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the info. I have a July 3rd Tremor order date with no VIN as of yet. Should I expect a build date before October or later? Do you think I will see anything before the end of the year? No movement on the Tremors is getting a little exasperating.
October/November is the last production timeframe for a 2021. So I'd assume most 2021s would hit dealer lots before the end of the model year. But I haven't seen anything on the Tremors quite yet.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
This does shed some light as to why my pretty much maxed out 2021 Platinum that has been ordered since 4/23/21 still has no build date scheduled……….all I hear is the order is at the factory but not even a clue as to which one!!!
If you ordered a Platinum, your truck is being built in Dearborn.
Sponsored