First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Well, found out today my order was "balanced out", meaning my order, which was submitted Sep 1st, will not be built in MY21. Found this out yesterday while having my current truck serviced.

My salesman was not there (his day off), and the Asst Sales manager also was there. I was dealing with a different manager type. He told me he'd resubmit my order as a MY22 right then, he just needed my drivers license.

I asked if the "new" order would have the original $1500 and 0%/72 month financing was still good? He said no. He told me that no incentives would carry over, even if my original 9/1 order had been built and delivered in November, I still wouldn't have gotten the $1500 and 0% for 72 months deal, since those were not in effect in November.

I had been assured the original would have followed my order, even if my original MY21 had been changed to MY22. I was not a happy camper.

So at this point I do not have any truck on order now. When all the dust settles, and I decide to re order a Power Boost, It will not be from Sheehy Ford in Ashland. I feel like they led me down a fools path.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Sorry to hear. Have you considered Koons or Chapman? They may be able to assist on the MY21 conversion with incentives. It would be interesting to hear.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Well, found out today my order was "balanced out", meaning my order, which was submitted Sep 1st, will not be built in MY21. Found this out yesterday while having my current truck serviced.

My salesman was not there (his day off), and the Asst Sales manager also was there. I was dealing with a different manager type. He told me he'd resubmit my order as a MY22 right then, he just needed my drivers license.

I asked if the "new" order would have the original $1500 and 0%/72 month financing was still good? He said no. He told me that no incentives would carry over, even if my original 9/1 order had been built and delivered in November, I still wouldn't have gotten the $1500 and 0% for 72 months deal, since those were not in effect in November.

I had been assured the original would have followed my order, even if my original MY21 had been changed to MY22. I was not a happy camper.

So at this point I do not have any truck on order now. When all the dust settles, and I decide to re order a Power Boost, It will not be from Sheehy Ford in Ashland. I feel like they led me down a fools path.
You should get the $3500 conversion offer.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Sorry to hear. Have you considered Koons or Chapman? They may be able to assist on the MY21 conversion with incentives. It would be interesting to hear.
Unfortunately, since I'm getting an A Plan, I doubt either can help me.

I probably need to touch base with my S-I-L. He's not in Sales or marketing area, but I'm pretty sure he has a name and number to talk to, in order to get clarification on what dealerships can and cannot do.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
These threads in combination with my experience over the last few years buying a VW, Subaru, and a Ford have really caused me to have an EXTREMELY bad view of dealers. I wish that I could find just one that was reasonably knowledgeable about their products and processes, would simply do what they said they would do, and provide honest service.

I'm tried of my wife being mansplaned and up sold by service people, sales reps telling me one thing only to find out it's not true when I read all the fine print just before signing a order, shady bait and switch service pricing, terrible quality work etc.

On top of all this, do a quick search on the most wealthy people in America and what you find is that there are a whole lot of car dealership Czars toward the top of the list.

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma. Shopping for a f150. Work truck f350
Occupation
Carpenter
Ordered my truck me and friend same dealer same salesman in August
Shows there built and on there way. Dealer saying mid December.
1000 off and 0% financing. Plus 1000 off for ordering in August. 3% over invoice
Ordered price.
used to be getting a year end truck right before Christmas yielded a pretty good deal. But I guess we’re getting a pretty good

any thoughts
Thanks
Sponsored