Sponsored

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine was ordered 3/21 and Ford hasn't even started on it yet. I don't t hink your odds are very good.
Sponsored

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I believe Ford has become so obsessed with the electric vehicle mantra that us rural folks needing a gas powered work vehicle just aren't important to them any longer. They won't even respond to written letters. Some day the technology will likely be developed to produce an electric truck capable of really being a working truck but it won't be in my lifetime. I've been a Ford customer since the late '50's but its pretty obvious that it is now time to leave them...sad, I think.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I believe Ford has become so obsessed with the electric vehicle mantra that us rural folks needing a gas powered work vehicle just aren't important to them any longer. They won't even respond to written letters. Some day the technology will likely be developed to produce an electric truck capable of really being a working truck but it won't be in my lifetime. I've been a Ford customer since the late '50's but its pretty obvious that it is now time to leave them...sad, I think.
What is your build?

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What is your build?
XLT with V8 gas engine, 302A, and tow package. I removed the snow plow prep package a few weeks ago at the dealer's suggestion since they were told Ford would no longer build it with that option. I guess I need to consider a move to somewhere with no winter.

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
Has there been anything on orders being converted, or are people just placing 2022 orders now?

Sponsored

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
Has there been anything on orders being converted, or are people just placing 2022 orders now?
I placed a 2022 order today. Even though the 2022 spec sheet has been out since September 15, today was the first day the bank was open and a 2022 order could be placed.

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
I placed a 2022 order today. Even though the 2022 spec sheet has been out since September 15, today was the first day the bank was open and a 2022 order could be placed.
Right, I know the New order book opened today. I was referring to the conversion of unscheduled 2021 orders.

Strengthrehab

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 STX
Right, I know the New order book opened today. I was referring to the conversion of unscheduled 2021 orders.
Will they get converted? I read somewhere that they won't and a new order would have to be placed...I'm not sure about that, though.

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer says they have no info from Ford yet on status of 2021 orders going into 2022. They've told me that my order is not on the November build list so I'm guessing my March 2021 order is dead in the water and a new start will be needed. 7 months wasted time and an X-plan certificate! I have both emailed and written Ford and the company has declined even the courtesy of a reply. I'm a life long Ford customer but this kills it. I have an appointment monday with a RAM dealer who has Laramie trims in stock.

jdr1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 501A ordered, 16 302A, 17 Mustang EBvert prem
Occupation
retired professional engineer
I don't think it is just Ford - all manufacturers are obsessed with electric - and being pushed to a degree by political agendas. I can see EV's for urban commuters, especially in warmer climates, and perhaps even limited range fleet applications like municipal Public Works departments that can plug in every night.

However, I agree that development of a fully EV that can do everything a gas powered vehicle does and can be recharged in minutes is still a long ways off. I too, live in a rural area with long cold winters. I cannot take the risk of being stranded in the north woods here or out during an extended snowstorm and run out of juice. It will be interesting to see how many recent EV adopters around here get stuck somewhere this winter.

Having said all that, I think hybrids make sense, and my wife's next SUV will likely be a hybrid. For now, my new F150 is a 2,7EB with the extended range 36 gallon tank to give me maximum range and running time..........

edit: My truck was ordered on 3/11 -10 days before yours. I was getting pretty discouraged too but it was finally built this week and is now on its way!! I do think your truck will get built.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
My dealer says they have no info from Ford yet on status of 2021 orders going into 2022. They've told me that my order is not on the November build list so I'm guessing my March 2021 order is dead in the water and a new start will be needed. 7 months wasted time and an X-plan certificate! I have both emailed and written Ford and the company has declined even the courtesy of a reply. I'm a life long Ford customer but this kills it. I have an appointment monday with a RAM dealer who has Laramie trims in stock.
Well, the good news for you is that if you have an order in the system. Ford is going to be sending a Private cash offer for any Retail order they could not build as a 2021 that needs to be converted to 2022.

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don't think it is just Ford - all manufacturers are obsessed with electric - and being pushed to a degree by political agendas. I can see EV's for urban commuters, especially in warmer climates, and perhaps even limited range fleet applications like municipal Public Works departments that can plug in every night.

However, I agree that development of a fully EV that can do everything a gas powered vehicle does and can be recharged in minutes is still a long ways off. I too, live in a rural area with long cold winters. I cannot take the risk of being stranded in the north woods here or out during an extended snowstorm and run out of juice. It will be interesting to see how many recent EV adopters around here get stuck somewhere this winter.

Having said all that, I think hybrids make sense, and my wife's next SUV will likely be a hybrid. For now, my new F150 is a 2,7EB with the extended range 36 gallon tank to give me maximum range and running time..........

edit: My truck was ordered on 3/11 -10 days before yours. I was getting pretty discouraged too but it was finally built this week and is now on its way!! I do think your truck will get built.
I agree with you on all points although I think Ford has done a far worse job of handling the situation than their competitors. RAM has been filling their lots out here over the past few months (and they are not having trouble with adding the snow plow prep to their builds). I haven't paid much attention to Toyota but according to a friend who just bought a new Tundra they seem to be getting their trucks built as well. Curiously, I was at a large event in July which Ford sponsors and I tried to talk to one of their representatives. She refused to talk to me unless I wanted to talk about the EV truck. Heck of a way to keep the customer base. Since my order isn't on the November build list I'm not as optimistic as you regarding it getting built and I'm still going to talk to the RAM dealer. I'm glad to hear your truck is on the way.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I agree with you on all points although I think Ford has done a far worse job of handling the situation than their competitors. RAM has been filling their lots out here over the past few months (and they are not having trouble with adding the snow plow prep to their builds). I haven't paid much attention to Toyota but according to a friend who just bought a new Tundra they seem to be getting their trucks built as well. Curiously, I was at a large event in July which Ford sponsors and I tried to talk to one of their representatives. She refused to talk to me unless I wanted to talk about the EV truck. Heck of a way to keep the customer base. Since my order isn't on the November build list I'm not as optimistic as you regarding it getting built and I'm still going to talk to the RAM dealer. I'm glad to hear your truck is on the way.
Well we sell Ram too. So that gives me a good perspective.

I agree with you, that Ram has done a better job producing vehicles given the shortage. Their strategy was to remove as many options as possible to reduce overall chip count.

Ford on the other hand built normally equipped trucks, hoping for an influx of microchips that didn't materialize as fast as they had hoped for. They have done a good job promoting their technology as the differentiator between them and their competitors (which I think is a valid argument) and didn't want to change course on that.

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well, the good news for you is that if you have an order in the system. Ford is going to be sending a Private cash offer for any Retail order they could not build as a 2021 that needs to be converted to 2022.
Might be nice if Ford were to communicate things like this with us. However, a private cash offer for a truck that has no build schedule really isn't very helpful. I do appreciate your efforts at keeping us informed even if Ford won't

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well we sell Ram too. So that gives me a good perspective.

I agree with you, that Ram has done a better job producing vehicles given the shortage. Their strategy was to remove as many options as possible to reduce overall chip count.

Ford on the other hand built normally equipped trucks, hoping for an influx of microchips that didn't materialize as fast as they had hoped for. They have done a good job promoting their technology as the differentiator between them and their competitors (which I think is a valid argument) and didn't want to change course on that.
I concur regarding the better technology but improved technology for a truck not being built versus acceptable technology for a truck that is built is a losing bet for Ford.
Sponsored