Sponsored

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I thought I would post a quick update for the customers who are interested in placing a 21/22 F-150 order or have already placed an order for a 2021 F-150. What should you expect as one model year winds down and the 2022 model year opens up?
do you guys offer shipment of trucks if we order from out of state?
Sponsored

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Still waiting for my 3/10/21 ordered FX4, 302A, XLT, V-8 truck. Have vin but still in order processing. FML!

Last edited:

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
do you guys offer shipment of trucks if we order from out of state?
I’ll chime in, if you read the other granger transit time post, someone did just that. Take a read, I think they have some recommendations on who to use but definitely seems like people use that option.

Smithjord188

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Bank
Given its August 14, am I pushing it on timing for a MY 2021 if I am able to order this upcoming week? I would be using a family members employee discount (D Plan) and he is retiring in mid September, so not sure if the PIN would be able to be re-applied for a 2022 MY order if my original order was cancelled by Ford due to some of the concerns stated earlier in this thread?

Thanks!

Sponsored

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I thought I would post a quick update for the customers who are interested in placing a 21/22 F-150 order or have already placed an order for a 2021 F-150. What should you expect as one model year winds down and the 2022 model year opens up?

Where is production now? The good news is that we've pretty much exhausted our retail vehicles that are on hold for microchips. So the backlog of F-150s that were delayed in being produced should be worked through for the most part. The biggest issue delaying orders previously is catching up on what was already produced. We are currently scheduling 2021 F-150s that will be produced in the month of October. So orders that scheduled the beginning of August are set to be delivered to our store by the end of October. A 90 day turn around time is a great thing compared to where we've been! There is 1 more month of dealer allocation for November production on F-150s. So there is still time to get a 2021 F-150 order in and produced.

Expectations on getting your vehicle produced as a 2021 - If you place an order with a Ford dealership and they go through the proper steps with Ford through the Customer Order Verification process, the dealer should NOT have an issue getting you an allocation for a 2021 Model year F-150. That being said, what will become an issue is commodities as the model year winds down. Specific trims or options may push your order to a 2022 model year even if your dealership has the allocation (none of this matters if you already have a VIN, your vehicle will be built). For example, if you have a Limited F-150 on order and they run out of the limited leather interior for 2021, it will not get scheduled. Or if the Twin Panel Moonroofs are sold out and you have an XLT with this option on order, it may not get scheduled and be forced to a 2022. To be clear, I have no insight as to which options may or may run out more quickly, I'm just giving examples.

2022 Start Up Production - If your order does get pushed to a 2022 model year, don't fret! We've had 2 different model year trucks show up on the same transport truck. Ford will keep clipping along on production and it may force a slight delay in getting the F-150 you desire, but it will ultimately get produced. If your order goes unscheduled, you will need to contact your dealer and re-order a 2022. Orders do not automatically flip from one model year to another.
I appreciate the great job you folks at Granger are doing in trying to keep all of us informed, I just wish I shared your optimism. I ordered an XLT in March and haven't heard a peep from Ford.

watertower2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
F150Gen14. I have a windo sticker but What does “in transit”mean

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I appreciate the great job you folks at Granger are doing in trying to keep all of us informed, I just wish I shared your optimism. I ordered an XLT in March and haven't heard a peep from Ford.
I'd contact your dealer, there's no reason an XLT shouldn't be scheduled yet.

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'd contact your dealer, there's no reason an XLT shouldn't be scheduled yet.
I have the same thought. The dealer was originally told by Ford that the problem was with the lack of chips, which we all know has been a problem outside of Ford's control, then that the frame was sitting in Lexington, KY waiting for unavailable parts for the ordered snow plow preassembly option. I would have thought if there was a frame there should be a VIN but none has been assigned yet. Fortunately my 2010 XLT is still running fine but with the coming changeover to to the 2022 model year I'm getting concerned on the stalled order. I think the dealer is being straight with me but somewhere higher up the line things seemed to be fouled a bit. Too bad I'm not closer to Iowa!

Sponsored

DUDE

First Name
DUDE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150 COYOTE, 2021 F-150 3.5 ECOBOOST
I imagine we won't see options until the say before ordering opens. I say that because most people would probably wait if they knew what was going to change.

I'm wondering if start/stop will become a permanent option. I still don't see why they can't give the option for it to stay off for the ones built that currently have it.
The EPA won't allow it and ford needs to include it so that they can continue to meet EPA regulations. Unfortunately it's here to stay but thankfully there is forscan and some tunes can delete it or give you the option to turn it off with the tuning device.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
The EPA won't allow it and ford needs to include it so that they can continue to meet EPA regulations. Unfortunately it's here to stay but thankfully there is forscan and some tunes can delete it or give you the option to turn it off with the tuning device.
start/stop delete is already in the order guide as an option from the factory. I believe his question is if that remains into 22.

DUDE

First Name
DUDE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150 COYOTE, 2021 F-150 3.5 ECOBOOST
start/stop delete is already in the order guide as an option from the factory. I believe his question is if that remains into 22.
It’s not an option yet, maybe next year right?

weavs85

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
With the recent changes to production runs what is the chances the '21 F150 xl with stx I ordered 9/10/21 will not be built before model change over?