What Tires

readingk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Hi, So placed my order for a Platinum 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost Antimatter Blue with the Carmelo interior..... First Truck..... Can't Wait

Does anyone know what make and type tire will be on the platinum 4x4 specifically will they be winter rated.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Looks like most if not all of the 20" are Hankook Dynapro AT2.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hi, So placed my order for a Platinum 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost Antimatter Blue with the Carmelo interior..... First Truck..... Can't Wait

Does anyone know what make and type tire will be on the platinum 4x4 specifically will they be winter rated.
Thanks in advance

Depends on a lot of variables such as if you got the FX4 package, wheel size, and/or trim level.

On Ford’s build and price tool for the F-150, you can have a whole litany of tires ranging from light truck, all-terrain, and passenger vehicle tires. In addition to this, a lot of the A/T tires offer outside white lettering if you package it the right way.

Your build sheet should specify. It’ll read something like “275/65R 18 OWL All-Terrain”. That’s the set on my order and it means I got the 18” wheel with white letter tires.

If you want to post yours, I’ll help you decipher it.

OP
OP
readingk

readingk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Depends on a lot of variables such as if you got the FX4 package, wheel size, and/or trim level.

On Ford’s build and price tool for the F-150, you can have a whole litany of tires ranging from light truck, all-terrain, and passenger vehicle tires. In addition to this, a lot of the A/T tires offer outside white lettering if you package it the right way.

Your build sheet should specify. It’ll read something like “275/65R 18 OWL All-Terrain”. That’s the set on my order and it means I got the 18” wheel with white letter tires.

If you want to post yours, I’ll help you decipher it.

275/60R-20 BSW ALL-TERRAIN
No FX4 Package
Platinum Trim

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
275/60R-20 BSW ALL-TERRAIN
No FX4 Package
Platinum Trim
So you will not have the white lettering. BSW means black side wall. 20 inch wheels. You will have all-terrain (slightly off-road oriented) tires.

As far as the brand, it could be nearly anything depending of which companies Ford has made contacts with. I did notice Hankook tires on the majority of the trucks at the test drive event. However, I've seen everything from Michelins, Goodyear's, Hankooks, and more on F-150s. Let me know if this answered your question.

UPDATE: I checked my pictures from the test drive event. The Platinum they had was available to sit in, but to not drive. I was told it had the 3.5 gas only EcoBoost engine. That particular truck did have Hankook DynaPro AT2s on it. The “AT” likely represents all-terrain.

You have to look close, but you can just barely make out that those tires are 275/60 20 sized tires. I would say it’s a safe bet those would be the tires fitted to your truck.

Ford F-150 What Tires 92D0ACE0-6D7B-4541-9249-2D80FDB6C16F

Ford F-150 What Tires 441EB1EF-63C8-44BF-95FE-519CAE9530CD

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
readingk

readingk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
So you will not have the white lettering. BSW means black side wall. 20 inch wheels. You will have all-terrain (slightly off-road oriented) tires.

As far as the brand, it could be nearly anything depending of which companies Ford has made contacts with. I did notice Hankook tires on the majority of the trucks at the test drive event. However, I've seen everything from Michelins, Goodyear's, Hankooks, and more on F-150s. Let me know if this answered your question.

UPDATE: I checked my pictures from the test drive event. The Platinum they had was available to sit in, but to not drive. I was told it had the 3.5 gas only EcoBoost engine. That particular truck did have Hankook DynaPro AT2s on it. The “AT” likely represents all-terrain.

You have to look close, but you can just barely make out that those tires are 275/60 20 sized tires. I would say it’s a safe bet those would be the tires fitted to your truck.

92D0ACE0-6D7B-4541-9249-2D80FDB6C16F.jpeg

441EB1EF-63C8-44BF-95FE-519CAE9530CD.jpeg
Thank you for that .... great info and i see it has the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I have Hankook Dynapro tires on my K1500
The tread is quite a bit more aggressive and they are 8-ply rated tires.
Have been waaay impressed with the longevity and ride of these things.
Even with tire pressures to 50+ they ride nice and wear like iron (got 90k out of my last set, then put them on a trailer) Max pressure on my tires is 80psi----that would probably roughen the ride.

Pretty sure the tires on the new trucks wont be rated as high, but should ride and wear well.

Acob720

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Occupation
Marketing Director
I am wondering what the 18" FX4 AT OWL tire will be. If anyone has caught some photos, please let me know.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am wondering what the 18" FX4 AT OWL tire will be. If anyone has caught some photos, please let me know.
I think it’ll be down to whichever tire manufacturer gave Ford the best deal. The majority of new F-150s I’ve seen with outside white lettering have been Goodyear Wranglers, but I’ve also seen Michelin’s, Hankook OWLs among others as well.

I’m getting the same tire package too. 18” gloss back wheels with the Sport package and FX4 package with OWL tires. I can’t wait to see that look, it’s gonna be sharp!

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I will be interested in seeing what mine shows up with brand wise also.

I prefer Michelin's but can trade whatever shows up, for credit at my tire shop towards Michelin's, if the truck shows up with something else.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Reached out to my Hankook rep a few weeks ago and he did confirm they have the 20 inch fitment. I’ll either swap them for either the Michelin Defender in the original size or go with the BFG TA/KO in the 285/60r20. Only problem with the BFG is you have to go with either an 8 or 10 ply rating which will sacrifice a little ride quality. Will probably go with the Michelin, at least for year 1

Acob720

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Occupation
Marketing Director
I think it’ll be down to whichever tire manufacturer gave Ford the best deal. The majority of new F-150s I’ve seen with outside white lettering have been Goodyear Wranglers, but I’ve also seen Michelin’s, Hankook OWLs among others as well.

I’m getting the same tire package too. 18” gloss back wheels with the Sport package and FX4 package with OWL tires. I can’t wait to see that look, it’s gonna be sharp!
Through my endless hours of late-night YouTube watching, I found these. It’s a good sign!

Ford F-150 What Tires C96937DB-DFFB-4848-B83A-FDF3A693CD78

Ford F-150 What Tires 258793B6-4C87-4CCE-AB00-E057A2D24C3B

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Reached out to my Hankook rep a few weeks ago and he did confirm they have the 20 inch fitment. I’ll either swap them for either the Michelin Defender in the original size or go with the BFG TA/KO in the 285/60r20. Only problem with the BFG is you have to go with either an 8 or 10 ply rating which will sacrifice a little ride quality. Will probably go with the Michelin, at least for year 1
I really liked the Defender's, that is what I swapped for on my 18 KR. They were smoother and quieter than the wranglers I had on my 15 KR. Great traction, looked like good longevity too. I only had 19,000 miles on my truck when I traded it in but the tires still looked new.
Sponsored