Sponsored

What tint are y’all getting away with?

zimmer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Bc you are going with the 5% brow i would go with 50%. The brow takes your eyes off the fact the windshield is tinted. I did this previously with 35% windshield and had good luck. Make sure the entire windshield is tinted first, then the brow is on top otherwise you will have an air line where the tints meet and overtime will lift.

Personally run 50% windshield, 15% front doors, and 5% over the rear 3. No trouble from cops, state inspection has been iffy some years. Windshield is hardly noticeable to the untrained eye - only on overcast days can you really tell its tinted. Sunny days you can see the front passengers from the outside.

Im in DFW.
Sponsored

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was 2021 F150 Powerboost now 2022 PB Platinum
Late response. My windshield is tinted [80%]. My shop gave me this static cling type materical and thats what my registration and toll tag are on. When time to replace just pull off and get a new one and it does risk damaging tint.

Windshield 80 everything else 5 including sun roof.

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just got tinted! Thanks for all the info!
Went with 70% shield, 35% over 35% fronts, 20% over rears, 20% back glass, 5% brow! Full ceramic, will update the benefits of the ceramic once I live with it for a bit. Pics will come this weekend!

Sponsored

Mikewhite1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 2.7L
I'd love to go darker for the privacy and heat reflection but am just worried about inspection. What are people doing to get around that?

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'd love to go darker for the privacy and heat reflection but am just worried about inspection. What are people doing to get around that?
Haven’t crossed that bridge yet, hope you get a chill inspecter!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Gangster package here... 5% all around and 50% windshield

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, 4x4, 3.5L, PB 7.2KW, Platinum
On all our cars & trucks -

I run 5% over the factory (35%) on all the glass BEHIND the front seats (and the panoramic roof)...on the Front door windows I run 15% and on the windshield I run a 5% eyebrow.....AND.....

I still run the full set of WeatherTech window shades. on any glass behind the front seats.....it's rare for me to remove the window shades (unless passengers insist) ....sadly these vehicles park outside and I prefer as much heat & uv protection as possible.

Ford F-150 What tint are y’all getting away with? IMG_6317

Ford F-150 What tint are y’all getting away with? IMG_1953 3
Ford F-150 What tint are y’all getting away with? IMG_0200 2

Last edited:

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, 4x4, 3.5L, PB 7.2KW, Platinum
@Mikewhite1 - heres the thing......you can TECHNICALLY and legally avoid inspection....

Inspection is (electronically) verified at the time your license plates are renewed (just like insurance).....so....

When it comes time to renew your tags you can attest to the vehicle being OUT OF STATE (unable to be inspected).....Full time RV'ers (active duty military) do it all the time - ANNUALLY!

Non-Residents (ie full time RV'ers) & Active Duty Military are permitted (per the IRS) to claim homestead in Texas, and avoid other states income taxes - even though those folks may not be completely aware if theyll ever live in Texas....it's COMPLETELY LEGAL.

You do not have to be IN the state to receive (or renew) your license tags (they can be mailed to you out of state.......again it's completely legal and done very often. When I lived in Virginia I did this...for many years (even bought a new truck, when I lived in mid-atlantic commonwealth state)...and TAGGED it in Texas.

Regarding tent.... I always kept my vehicles legal - because of inspection and out of fear of receiving a (non moving violation) fixit/ticket...but everyday I see cars all around me w/ much darker tint than my 15%....and I dont see them pulled over....so why not me too!

I can tell you I have been stopped - for speeding..... and the least of anyones concerns was my tint (I am always certain to roll down my windows as the officer approaches (for their safety and mine)!

One of our cars has 5% on the front doors....Ive been stopped for speeding (pleading the 5th, here) and there was NO MENTION of window tint....in fact all I was written for was the ABSENCE of a front license plate (a fix-it ticket).

Last edited:

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Here is mine with 5% sides and 50% windshield. I live in Oklahoma so no annual inspections and even though we have tint laws, maybe 75% of the driving population has illegal tint (including several cop cars I have seen) and they don't even care. Nothingburger. To be fair, if I didn't have 360 cam I wouldn't have it this dark. It was a pain in my old truck that didn't have cameras (at night, when parking.)

Ford F-150 What tint are y’all getting away with? 0R5A2150 (3).JPG

Ford F-150 What tint are y’all getting away with? 0R5A2168 (2).JPG

Mikewhite1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 2.7L
Here is mine with 5% sides and 50% windshield. I live in Oklahoma so no annual inspections and even though we have tint laws, maybe 75% of the driving population has illegal tint (including several cop cars I have seen) and they don't even care. Nothingburger. To be fair, if I didn't have 360 cam I wouldn't have it this dark. It was a pain in my old truck that didn't have cameras (at night, when parking.)

0R5A2150 (3).JPG

0R5A2168 (2).JPG
Truck looks GREAT! Would be nice to not have the annual inspection here in TX.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've run 50% windshields for over 2 decades now and nobody's the wiser. My eyes are pretty light sensitive at night to headlight glare and it makes a world of difference. Of course the summer time temps are dropped considerably as is the AC load. Run 20% fronts to match factory rear. A quality windshield tint job of 50% + is pretty difficult to detect and there's no way to slip a meter over it. If it's a poor job and spotted you can just say it's a non-blocking safety film. You had a rock hit your windshield one night and got some glass fragments in your eye and it's not something you're looking to repeat. It was only $100 and is cheap insurance. Sell it anymore and it sounds like a lie ;)
Sponsored