First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Went to go add Tow Mirrors to my order today and I noticed that what I THOUGHT I had got a deal on well ford took back! When I ordered my retractable tonneau cover it was $995 ok affordable so I added it as an option. .today when I went to go add tow mirrors on my rig I see them raised the price right away. Thought that by locking it for the $995 they couldn't take that away?!? Dealerships feel free to chime in
Ford F-150 What the heck ford! 20201120_010344
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Raised it to $1695!!!!

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Raised it to $1695!!!!
Yikes! That blows. They should be honoring your original order and price. I could totally see them changing it if you decided to change your order (add stuff) but it shouldn’t automatically increase on the original order. Who knows

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
What a crock! I would be dropping that with the quickness!

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
I'm just curious, can any Reps or Ford Corp drop a line in here and let me know...

I would think at TIME when you PLACE an order whatever options at that time would stay priced at the DAY you ordered...

or was it a MISTAKE on your end and you realized that WAIT... we undervalued that tonneau cover... anybody without a window sticker or unscheduled build date we better adjust and add $700 to customer window sticker.

LOYAL FORD guy here.... Just purchased a NEW leftover $72k 2019 Raptor less then 2 months ago for my Rental till my perfect 2021 I ordered arrives.

I'd just like an answer.....

Sponsored

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I'm just curious, can any Reps or Ford Corp drop a line in here and let me know...

I would think at TIME when you PLACE an order whatever options at that time would stay priced at the DAY you ordered...

or was it a MISTAKE on your end and you realized that WAIT... we undervalued that tonneau cover... anybody without a window sticker or unscheduled build date we better adjust and add $700 to customer window sticker.

LOYAL FORD guy here.... Just purchased a NEW leftover $72k 2019 Raptor less then 2 months ago for my Rental till my perfect 2021 I ordered arrives.

What did the dealer say ?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

What is the response from the dealership your ordered from?

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Scratched there head and said oh wow....

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I saw that on some 2015 orders that took so long to get delivered like this year. I order the extended range fuel tank for something like $165.

Mean while, that option goes up in price to something like $360, well mine never changed neither did the other builds.

A couple of these guys change there order for some minor option and then bang. Their extended fuel tank cost went up too.

They weren't too happy about that either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
I saw that on some 2015 orders that took so long to get delivered like this year. I order the extended range fuel tank for something like $165.

Mean while, that option goes up in price to something like $360, well mine never changed neither did the other builds.

A couple of these guys change there order for some minor option and then bang. Their extended fuel tank cost went up too.

Oh God how i forgot about that too...
So early 2015s had cheaper
FX4 pkg
Towing pkg
Extended Fuel Tank
Common Trend Here

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Oh God how i forgot about that too...
So early 2015s had cheaper
FX4 pkg
Towing pkg
Extended Fuel Tank
Common Trend Here
Yep, I ordered one in very early Dec 2014, it arrived 12 Mar I think it was. Was a good truck too.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer

I think this exactly what happens. If your order goes in at the lower price, and you never change the order after that point, you are probably safe. But as soon as you ask for a change I think everything resets to the new pricing.

When I ordered my 2021 KR 600A, the fixed chrome running boards with the 6" extension to go all the way back to the rear wheel well only cost $225. Sometime in the last couple of weeks they repriced that option to $1005. In that same time frame I added the max recline seats to my order, and asked them to see if they could add the skid plates as a stand alone option without the FX4 package (turns out they can only do that for Fleet Orders). One of these two requests happened after the price change, so my order now showed that option as $1005. I canceled that option, as I'm not a fan of chrome anyway, and a 6" extension isn't worth $1005.

A little disappointed, but glad I was reading about this on here and knew to ask, because I would not have been happy forking over $780 more than I expected at delivery without the choice to decline the option at that point.

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
I'm still digging with Ford... the Hotline wants me to use the dealership which makes no sence... they only TAKE order don't price it...
Looking to see if there's an updated price list at dealership as the one we have posted here

96J lists as $995 for retractable tonneau cover
Sponsored