Sponsored

What should I do with the old stock exhaust?

Solei028

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
I had aftermarket exhaust installed in my truck and they gave me the stock exhaust that they removed. Is it worth me trying to sell the stock exhaust or do I just bring it to the scrap yard. What have others who have aftermarket exhaust done with the stock exhaust?
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I had aftermarket exhaust installed in my truck and they gave me the stock exhaust that they removed. Is it worth me trying to sell the stock exhaust or do I just bring it to the scrap yard. What have others who have aftermarket exhaust done with the stock exhaust?
I saved mine. Aftermarket parts don’t usually add value to vehicles so when I sell the truck I plan to return to stock, and sell the exhaust separatly.

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
There was a person on another site looking to buy a stock exhaust the other day.Decided he was too old for the louder exhaust and wanted it back stock.I would sell it if you are sure you would never put it back on.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I kept mine...glad I did...one week, went back to stock.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
I did my exhaust swap at home, cut the old one off with a sawsall to make it easy to remove, so there was no re-install. I drove to a local metal scrap yard, and gave it to some guys that were about pull in with a truck load of scrap metal, they looked like they could use the extra few bucks.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
My buddy had just bought a 2012 Platinum with no exhaust so he bought my BAP wheels/tires and he got my old "new" exhaust as a bonus.

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
If you have room, I would keep if for a while. Just in case you decide to return it to stock. Once you're absolutely sure that you don't need it, sell it. If you don't have room, try to sell it or call a junk man to come and get it for nothing.

Sponsored

Ries

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 5L
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer & Category Buyer
Clean it up and hang it on the garage wall. Call it… wall art. If or when you decide to sell you can put it back on and sell your aftermarket exhaust.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
There’s a ready supply of new OEM exhaust take-offs. If you have room to hang it on some rafters in a garage where they won’t bother anyone, tape off the ends so that mice won’t move in, hang a tag off it with the make/model, engine/VIN and either wait until you sell the truck to offer it to the new buyer or list it at half the price for a new exhaust when everyone’s stock exhaust starts rusting out in five years.

Many people buying used like the stock exhaust and if you have it available, it increases your buyer base. Same thing with the wheels and suspension.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
My buddy who bought my stock wheels got that as a gift for his 2012 Platinum F150 5.0L that was missing an exhaust.
Sponsored