• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Questions Do You Have? (I'm attending the Event tomorrow.)

OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
That's interesting I thought before it was confirmed the Pro did not have the work surface? Its not that the fold down shifter wasn't there but they were pretty adamant it wouldn't have it.
I was surprised too that he said every trim level would have it. Honestly, of all trim levels that need the fold down work surface, it would make sense for the Pro to have it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is your impression of the difference between them? Do you know if any of them had a smaller battery pack? If yes did you notice any difference? Anything you saw or experience that didn’t like?
They were all ER. I honestly didn't notice any difference between the Pro and XLT interior other than one was cloth and the other was vinyl. The floor of course was different. If you think you will have a lot of mud or snow, the vinyl may be better for you. That said, they were adamant that everything was pre-production and subject to change.

I suspect much of the differences between the Pro and XLT are the exterior and options available.

They had two Pro trims and one XLT trim. They were amazingly fast and very grounded. It was the best truck experience I have ever had. As greatwallsoffire said, it drives like a sports car, but you have the height of a truck.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They were all ER. I honestly didn't notice any difference between the Pro and XLT interior other than one was cloth and the other was vinyl. The floor of course was different. If you think you will have a lot of mud or snow, the vinyl may be better for you. That said, they were adamant that everything was pre-production and subject to change.

I suspect much of the differences between the Pro and XLT are the exterior and options available.

They had two Pro trims and one XLT trim. They were amazingly fast and very grounded. It was the best truck experience I have ever had. As greatwallsoffire said, it drives like a sports car, but you have the height of a truck.
Yep. Time for the ICE to die. Past time. Give me a truck that handles like a sports car.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I think a lot of these questions are likely too much for the sales reps there :)

There wouldn't be any reason the home charger would have CCS -- it's not used unless it's a DC charge. If you wanted to go over 80AMP then, you'd have to bring in DC somehow as 80AMp is the max rate of a level 2 charge.

The 80amp Ford charger does indeed have the CCS plug on it. It uses the DC lower portion to backfeed the house in the power outage scenario

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The 80amp Ford charger does indeed have the CCS plug on it. It uses the DC lower portion to backfeed the house in the power outage scenario
I stand corrected, thanks for the info :)

Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I dont know if it was already asked but:
Will the 360 camera be improved or will it still look like high definition CCTV ?

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Thanks for asking the questions and reporting asnwers. Q/A #17 just looks incorrect. No way the hitch is only 9" off the ground. Nineteen I would believe, 9" not so much. The trunk on my MG midget had more ground clearance that that.?
Agreed that is the spec sheet answer and not a physical measurement. I had my Ford dealer measure an XLT or lower trim from the low point (hitch) to the ground and he said 17" for the non 4x4 on an ICE F150. There is no way the rear ground clearance is that low. Hopefully my tape measure and I will be at the Daytona event when it opens.

Verta Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue
Occupation
Graduated Life
When will stickers supplied for towing be enabled?

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I dont know if it was already asked but:
Will the 360 camera be improved or will it still look like high definition CCTV ?
high definition CCTV, that’s a new one ?

DPT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm attending the Phoenix Lighting Tour tomorrow night. I appreciated others who attended the prior Lightning Tour events and getting us some answers. Let me return the favor. What questions may I ask for you tomorrow night? Here is a list of questions I have seen on the forum lately:
  1. Are there two charging ports? (Different location on the Pro?)
  2. Are the rear lights (not the light bar) different between the trims?
  3. Does the Pro have running boards as an option?
  4. What is the target production of lightning in 2022? (Try to confirm the Reuters article.)
  5. Can you do all the financing and purchasing online?
  6. Why no ER on the Pro trim?
  7. Is Fleet and Commercial one and the same for the Pro?
  8. Will the Pro Trim have the fold down work surface?
  9. More information on the inverter for the intelligent power back up. What specs can they give us.
  10. Will leases be available on the Lightning at launch?
Are there any other questions you would like me to ask?
When will Ford and/or SunRun provide details of the equipment and wiring needed for the Intelligent Backup Power? I would like to get my home prewired for this feature. If they have the diagrams, please post them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When will Ford and/or SunRun provide details of the equipment and wiring needed for the Intelligent Backup Power? I would like to get my home prewired for this feature. If they have the diagrams, please post them.
I asked this question and Ford simply said they are waiting on SunRun. The crew at the Lightning event had no clue.

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
My question is, will they add an elevation/altitude information to Sync4 from the GPS data?
Sponsored