Sponsored

What options do owners living in FL have for ESP discounts?

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I purchased already but was not impressed by the price the dealer gave me. Flood and Ziegler sell it for over $1000 cheaper.
Was it the exact same coverage? The post above suggests its not but from what I could tell when I got quotes it was the exact same coverage, deductible, etc only cheaper.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I think I would figure out a way to use a different address.

It’s not like the address really matters. The coverage is applied to the VIN, and the place you live doesn’t really matter.

Like maybe get a P.O. Box in AL or some other border state for a few weeks / months.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
I think I would figure out a way to use a different address.

It’s not like the address really matters. The coverage is applied to the VIN, and the place you live doesn’t really matter.

Like maybe get a P.O. Box in AL or some other border state for a few weeks / months.

Does anyone have experience USING the Ford ESP warranty coverage purchased at a dealer “out of state” and then using the plan at the Ford dealer that you use for warranty work that is closest to your home (or the Ford maintenance plans)? I know the stock answer is that the warranty coverage should work at any Ford licensed service department.

I have had GM extended warranties that mostly worked okay, but the dealer(s) looked down their noses at you when I took the truck in for warranty work. They could also “slow roll” the rental car paperwork, find piece parts that “weren’t covered by the warranty”, etc. We also have had really crappy treatment by RV dealers with warranty work since “we didn’t buy the unit there”. Maybe this incredibly poor treatment on the (standard) warranty work has me a bit gun shy on the out-of-state extended warranty purchase.

Thanks in advance . . .