Sponsored

What options do owners living in FL have for ESP discounts?

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Basically what the title says. Are we all just screwed with paying MSRP for Ford ESP? Apparently dealers are not allowed to discount the ESP plan in FL, there's a law about it in FL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Basically what the title says. Are we all just screwed with paying MSRP for Ford ESP?
Where would you get a discount? Typically from what I've seen, the dealer will give a "discount" when buying new and you are trading in. They just adjust the numbers around until you "agree". They aren't going to lose money on anything.

I'm not in Florida, but I'm going to just shop my dealer vs direct from Ford. I won't have a trade in and will be on x-plan, so they won't be able to negotiate it into the price.

Someone can definitely correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Where would you get a discount? Typically from what I've seen, the dealer will give a "discount" when buying new and you are trading in. They just adjust the numbers around until you "agree". They aren't going to lose money on anything.

I'm not in Florida, but I'm going to just shop my dealer vs direct from Ford. I won't have a trade in and will be on x-plan, so they won't be able to negotiate it into the price.

Someone can definitely correct me if I'm wrong.
Online places like Flood or Ziegler offer steep discounts on ESP but supposedly FL has a law that they're not allowed to discount extended warranty plans? It all sounds very stupid

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Online places like Flood or Ziegler offer steel discounts on ESP but supposedly FL has a law that they're not allowed to discount extended warranty plans? It all sounds very stupid
It's not that THEY can't offer discount ESP it's that they have to be in state. All ESP's are negotiable.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I’ve posted this yesterday on the other thread regarding this topic. There is no discount on ESP, there is no shopping the price on ESP, it is what the price IS on Fords website. There are multiple options for the ESP coverage, which they will take off giving you less coverage, to get the price down. Don’t shop. Just buy on Ford’s site if you aren’t in FL, because you are just wasting time trying to get something that

You can shop all you want, but the price is what the Price is.

I learned this the hard way when they gave me $100 deductible to make the price $500 less.

Years later I purchased the Ford ESP plan AGAIN, and the dealer did the same thing again (didn’t put 1st day rental coverage), so I had to go make them rewrite the ESP plan before my truck reached 36,000 miles.

And then the price ended up being exactly the same as Ford website selling ESP. Just saying. I’ve been there and done that, and got screwed multiple times.

Select the options yourself on the Ford website, lock in the deal, and buy it if that’s what you want.

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
It's not that THEY can't offer discount ESP it's that they have to be in state. All ESP's are negotiable.
No they aren’t. The only “negotiation” is them removing vital extra coverages.

Dealers HATE Ford ESP because they DONT make a lot of money pushing them. And that’s why they always try to push the other dealer specific service plans, which are not backed by Ford. Which usually do not cover supercharger or turbo chargers. I promise you they can negotiate that price down, if you want cut rate ESP plans.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
No they aren’t. The only “negotiation” is them removing vital extra coverages.

Dealers HATE Ford ESP because they DONT make a lot of money pushing them. And that’s why they always try to push the other dealer specific service plans, which are not backed by Ford. Which usually do not cover supercharger or turbo chargers. I promise you they can negotiate that price down, if you want cut rate ESP plans.
When I bought my Ford Premium for my 2017 Edge they wanted to sell me Ford Premium for $2500 and I said NO he was quick to say "how about $1500" (same plan) SOLD

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Is FL the only state with some rule about the plan needing to be sold by an in-state dealer? Never heard of that for any other states.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Have you already purchased or ordered your truck from a FL dealer ?
I purchased already but was not impressed by the price the dealer gave me. Flood and Ziegler sell it for over $1000 cheaper.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Is FL the only state with some rule about the plan needing to be sold by an in-state dealer? Never heard of that for any other states.
California and Massachusetts I think also.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
It has to do with insurance regulations in the state of Florida. ESP are considered insurance. I think Flood is licensed in the state. My dealer gave me the same price as Flood.

It is ridiculous that the exact same plan in GA on the same truck is 50% less. I was told if I had a second home to register it there for the better price.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
It has to do with insurance regulations in the state of Florida. ESP are considered insurance. I think Flood is licensed in the state. My dealer gave me the same price as Flood.

It is ridiculous that the exact same plan in GA on the same truck is 50% less. I was told if I had a second home to register it there for the better price.
Car dealership lobbyist have a lot of money and power
Sponsored