Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Katzkin supplies Ford its leather. So it should be the same quality.
What I meant was that the workmanship is better. There’s less wrinkling and imperfections on the seats particularly around the seams and edges. But that also depends on the installer.
Sponsored

RickZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was looking at the 2020 F150 but waiting until 2021, hoping for HUD. When I was going through all of the safety and convenience feature on the 2020 and starting building the 2021, the Lariat with 502 had everything I was looking for. It just checked all of the boxes and provided me with an upgraded truck without spending the money on the more expensive models that are loaded with items I dont need.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Several things:

Co-pilot prep
18 speaker system
Full digital dash
Power running boards
Projector headlamps
Power tailgate
Power folding mirrors

Ucfmanic

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
88 Mustang GT
Occupation
Electrician
When I started looking all of the XLT’s were in the low 60k range, the only options I had to have were the 3.5, leather, and keyless/remote start if I was going to spend a significant amount on a new truck. So between the 302a package, and the 3.5 I was already over sticker for a base lariat, once I started researching and saw the other stuff the lariat had I was sold on the digital dash... I ordered my lariat with the 502a package, and sport packages and skipped all the little options most had that I didn’t want, I ended up getting my “loaded” lariat for less than a basic xlt

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
When I started looking all of the XLT’s were in the low 60k range, the only options I had to have were the 3.5, leather, and keyless/remote start if I was going to spend a significant amount on a new truck. So between the 302a package, and the 3.5 I was already over sticker for a base lariat, once I started researching and saw the other stuff the lariat had I was sold on the digital dash... I ordered my lariat with the 502a package, and sport packages and skipped all the little options most had that I didn’t want, I ended up getting my “loaded” lariat for less than a basic xlt
This is why I factory ordered instead of buying from the lot. Most models have stupid options like fancy rims that I didn't need/want

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I bounced around a bit on my '21 order because I went from a '17 XLT to a '19 Lariat for the LED headlights, auto climate, keyless entry (and other things, but funny enough those three were major reasons). But now those are on the XLT.

But after having the Lariat, the 4 Auto is OUTSTANDING. It is way more than just not having to worry about 4 High noise when it isn't snowy, the system engages every time you hit the gas, so in almost any situation you have more control. If it's a little wet/rainy and I have to turn onto a busier road, I don't have to worry about wheel spin, it just hooks and goes.

Also, heated steering wheel, leather, nicer interior in general, second row heated seats, homelink, power mirrors, projector LEDs (502a), power running boards, upgraded tow features without needing to add a package (like the receiver), B&O Unleashed since it seems they kind of neutered the base B&O in '21, more stuff I am forgetting. It's certainly not all required, but after having it I wasn't interested in going back.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
It just checked all of the boxes and provided me with an upgraded truck without spending the money on the more expensive models that are loaded with items I dont need.
I went the other way.
I have been driving sparsely optioned trucks since I was a teen.
Even my 98 k1500 is pretty much a base truck (AC, Tilt, Cruise, 4x4, 5.7, 5spd)
This new truck is only my second with an automatic, and first with power windows.
So, one can see that I really don’t require a lot.
Lariat—nice truck, but leather seating killed it for me as I don’t even run AC most of the time and I need the seats to breath. (South Texas Humidity)

I am fine with an XLT 301a and I only opted for that for a couple of little things.
My stand alone options
Console, 36 gallon tank Step boards, remote start, locking rear end.

Most everything else offered is just fluff to me for a commuter/cruiser.
Tilt and Cruise are about the only things I use regularly.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
The Lariat is considered the first step into the Luxury Level of the F-150. I'm on my 3rd F-150 XLT, each one was a little bit more. The way this F-150 is looking, the way everyone on here talks, I'm going to feel like I'm in the cockpit of a jetliner.... lol. Can't wait. Since I decided that this is going to be my last new truck, I couldn't find a Lariat with the main features that I was looking for/wanted. So, I set myself a limit and came up with a 2021 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat Sport FX4 5.0L V8 Max Tow w/Trailer Mirrors Power Tailgate w/Step Moonroof B&O Unleashed 2kW Pro Power On Board All Black $68,790 Lariat Truck with everything I want. I would like a few more items, but I got all the main ones plus all the cool gadgets, ambient lights, heated/cool seats heated steering wheel, but you can't beat the cool look dash with all the avatars, picture of F150 in different drive modes.

klinkor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
So I just found out that the Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package is required to get front sensors on the Lariat. I skipped the package because I didn't care about self drive but now I am disappointed because I assumed the sensors would be there like they are on the XLT. My build date is next week and dealer said I can't change without restarting the process.

Sponsored

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
So I just found out that the Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package is required to get front sensors on the Lariat. I skipped the package because I didn't care about self drive but now I am disappointed because I assumed the sensors would be there like they are on the XLT. My build date is next week and dealer said I can't change without restarting the process.
I got the front sensors on a Lariat 501A with just Co-pilot assist. It seems like that is a 502A and up issue.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Picked it for the leather and full LED lighting. Picked 502A to get what is hopefully the best available headlights.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I got the front sensors on a Lariat 501A with just Co-pilot assist. It seems like that is a 502A and up issue.
Yeah it is unfortunately a 502a and up issue. Ford messed up the build configuration and have been told they will fix it for '22, but you need to get the Prep Package to get front sensors on a 502a. Thankfully it was early enough my dealer was able to change it and add it.
Sponsored