What made you choose Lariat over XLT

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
This is for anyone that got/ordered a 2021 Lariat.
From what I can see on the build/price page on the Ford website, the main real difference is the grille and leather between the two.

I’m not saying there isn’t but I couldn’t really find anything on the Lariat build that you couldn’t get on the XLT.
I’m asking because my XLT is gonna take at least a few more months to deliver but my dealer mentioned that he has a few Lariats on hand that I could take today if I liked any of them.

I probably won’t end up with a lariat because there’s so much about them cosmetically that I hate.
I think that brown leather on the Sport models was a terrible idea. It’s not even a nice brown like chocolate.
And I hate that red detailing on the leather on the non-sport models.
The grille is nicer than the XLT but the the one with the extra chrome with the Chrome Pack is terrible.
I think most people will disagree with this but the rims that come with the 501a pack, 18” machined aluminum, those are actually my second favourite of all the rim options. First place goes to the 18” Sport model rims
Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Leather and AWD (it's what I have on my SUV). I didn't go Plat/KR because I wanted payload and I felt the upgraded quality of the interior wasn't much of a different. What's plastic on Lariat is plastic on Plat/KR, just "textured/nicer". Wasn't enough to bring on all the weight of power running boards, tailgate, etc.

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
4A, and leather. and I think the red leather on the sport model looks very good and have gotten nothing but compliments on it. I will admit I had major reservations about it until seeing it in person.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
For me, it came down to power folding tow mirrors being available only on the Lariat and higher trims. An XLT 302A was priced about $3,000 less than an equivalent Lariat 500A after incentives. I expect parts to retrofit power folding tow mirrors to be around $2,000. So the move up to a Lariat was a small step up for me.

The digital cluster, driver's side auto-dimming sideview mirror, memory and cooled seats are nice to have features starting with the Lariat trims.

If Ford would have offered credit to give up leather seats and carpeting on the Lariat, I would have taken it.

Brad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 XLT, 2021 F150 Lariat
4A was the main reason I went with the lariat. Would have been more than happy with an XLT, but the 4A was a must have for me. The leather is nice as well, especially with a 6 year old in the back seat, easier to clean up after the inevitable spills!

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
#1 Ventilated/Cooled seats a must here in the summer, digital instrument cluster, 4Auto, leather, I like the brown accents. It was already enroute to the dealership already with everything I wanted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Auto 4wd is the main factor for me. I live in Canada and Auto 4wd is amazing in the snow
Is awd that much better than 4high??
4H and 2h are black and white for me but never tried awd
For us in Canada this is key

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
For me, it came down to power folding tow mirrors being available only on the Lariat and higher trims. An XLT 302A was priced about $3,000 less than an equivalent Lariat 500A after incentives. I expect parts to retrofit power folding tow mirrors to be around $2,000. So the move up to a Lariat was a small step up for me.

The digital cluster, driver's side auto-dimming sideview mirror, memory and cooled seats are nice to have features starting with the Lariat trims.

If Ford would have offered credit to give up leather seats and carpeting on the Lariat, I would have taken it.
Power mirrors would sway me. Good call on that one. Aside from the 4A(which I need to learn more about) this is the one feature that sounds worth the trade off.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
#1 Ventilated/Cooled seats a must here in the summer, digital instrument cluster, 4Auto, leather, I like the brown accents. It was already enroute to the dealership already with everything I wanted.
Never heard of the cooled seats, sounds amazing. Might be something for USA builds only but that would also be worth the trade.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Is awd that much better than 4high??
4H and 2h are black and white for me but never tried awd
For us in Canada this is key
4A is great when there are dry patches of pavement between ice/snow where you wouldn’t want to be in 4H. Also good in rain.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Just to clarify, I’m kind of biased against the Lariat because it’s starting price is about $12.5k CDN more than an xlt and a katszkin leather interior(seats and armrest) is only $1500 CDN.
So I came here to find what that extra $11k would get me.
***Another very important point:
Adding 4x4 on an XLT w/2.7L costs $4,150
Adding 4x4 on a Lariat w/2.7L costs $5,200
What’s up with that??
Sponsored