Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Just an update on some MPGs but more on the truck numbers VS calculator and manually checking it.

I kept up on 5 different fill ups. I wrote down what the truck said I got, gallons used and miles driven. I then averaged out all the data collected over the 5 fill ups.

1. Total miles driven= 1,037.7
2. Total gallons purchased=53.02
3. Average MPGs from 5 events estimated by truck=20.74
4. Average MPGs calculated manually and calculator= 20.06

Difference from manual calculations and truck calculations= +0.68 MPGs

The the truck system was just a hair over 1/2 MPG higher than actual manual calculations.

Think I am just fine with relaying on the truck numbers!

I also did this on my 2018 Eco Boost and got very similar numbers.
Sponsored

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2.7 liter supercrew

2,400 miles in.

running around down in metro Detroit I am getting about 19-20…..20 if I drive like an old man…..which to be honest I am starting to enjoy.

recently drove from south of Detroit to the top of the thumb of Michigan, we drove on 2 lane 55 mph roads as much as we could and I was getting 25 MPG
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 5F411812-E5A8-4D64-BB69-BB22B29A26AE

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
This is my lifetime MPGs and I have a 19 Foot bass boat that I have pull a couple times for a total of around 200 miles of it.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1620612898183

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
I'm averaging between 15 to 19. But I have 35x12.5's and a 4" lift so that's kind of amazing.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Your MI to empty is way of with your mpg. 550 MI to e at over 3/4 tank. Should be much higher then that.

Sponsored

BudLeary

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited, 2020 Range Rover, 2019 Audi A5
Occupation
Architect
At 4000 miles, averaging 21.5-21.8 based on the Ford onboard calc. Seems to be getting better as it gets a few miles on it. The last mile or two home is always electric which is nice.... through the secondary street and neighborhood.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
At 4000 miles, averaging 21.5-21.8 based on the Ford onboard calc. Seems to be getting better as it gets a few miles on it. The last mile or two home is always electric which is nice.... through the secondary street and neighborhood.
I've enjoyed that also when I get to our neighborhood, I can get all the way through to the house and park it without the engine engaging at all. Usually shuts off as I am coasting down to turn into the sub, then stays off the rest of the trip. It's more "helpful" for fuel mileage average on short trips. We went to the park and back today, so about 3 miles each way. I was at about 1 mile all electric as I came up to the sub, and got another .5 all electric coming in. Since fuel mileage is generally poor at super low speeds like a neighborhood, I am happy to get all electric on that part. Put me at about 21 MPG for the trip each way, which isn't some spectacular number, but since it's all stop and go driving for that 3 miles it's pretty impressive.

My 2019 2.7L for that trip would be getting 16-17 MPG on that kind of trip due to all the stop and go. The 2.7L was fantastic on the freeway and at steady 50 MPH, easily getting 23+ MPG, but my hope for the PB was better mileage in stop and go and city driving, which is 80% of our driving generally. While only a couple days in, it's already showing that advantage.

AaronA

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost & Max Tow Package
Ford nor the EPA guarantee 24 MPG, so approaching them is pointless. They use a specific test loop that may not reflect your driving. It's meant to be a standard to compare against other vehicles, not a guarantee of your mileage....
The ratings have been dead on for previous cars I have owned. Bottom line I expect maybe +/-10% but everyone's numbers here indicate consistent values well below that.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
The ratings have been dead on for previous cars I have owned. Bottom line I expect maybe +/-10% but everyone's numbers here indicate consistent values well below that.
Not sure what your previous vehicles were, but trucks can be very different beasts. They see larger variances in fuel economy than anything else I’ve driven. Their shape makes them do much worse at higher speeds than a sedan or most suvs would be. I’ve seen up to 5mpg difference in my trucks between 65 mph and 75 mph. But when we had a fusion 65 or 75 mph was maybe 1 mpg or so.

My PB only has about 100 miles on it. But we went to a state park yesterday and it’s all city driving to get there. On the drive back, even with traffic lights and all that, I hit 24.4mpg for the trip (was just under 10 miles). I haven’t taken it on the highway yet, but it’s already doing better on mileage than my last two 2.7s did, so I’m good with it.

I’ve had a few trips where I got under 20mpg also. I went up and got us coffee and donuts yesterday and it was maybe 3 miles round trip and a lot of really low speed driving and stop and go. Even fuel efficient sedans don’t do well on trips like that.

It’s still quite early, obviously, but I’m not hypermiling or babying it or anything aside from normal break in stuff. I’m very happy so far.

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport (Hybrid 3.5L)
I’ve been getting consistent 24-28 MPG not really thinking about driving too conservatively. Was already driving a Hybrid Honda before getting this truck so maybe my driving habits were already impacted. A sweet ride love the truck!

Sponsored

AaronA

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost & Max Tow Package
I’ve been getting consistent 24-28 MPG not really thinking about driving too conservatively. Was already driving a Hybrid Honda before getting this truck so maybe my driving habits were already impacted. A sweet ride love the truck!
Can you share what drive mode and build you have? IE cab size, 2h in eco?

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I am waiting on mine. I am glad to see what you are getting. I am hoping I can do the same since I use to have an Insight and Priuses.

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
California, trips mainly are 75% highway / 25% city. Been running AC quite a lot. Seems a little low, but I never planned on good gas mileage.

I'm in Eco mode most of the time and do not drive it hard. Thought maybe I'd get 20 but... ?‍♂

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.33.09 PM

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you share what drive mode and build you have? IE cab size, 2h in eco?
I’m driving a SCREW XLT. A lot of my driving is stop/go as I commute into the city so I think that helps a lot I usually switch to ECO mode when I know it’s a longer drive. When I’m cruising around my town I haven’t usually remembered to switch to ECO (I wish you could default to it like my old Honda did).

I did figure out a way to back off the accelerator to get it to switch to electric which I’ve been doing more and more. That also seems to help.

The last thing I’ve done is try to drive as much as possible with Auto Pilot on. It seems to help keep the speed and driving style more in line with the higher MPGs.

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am waiting on mine. I am glad to see what you are getting. I am hoping I can do the same since I use to have an Insight and Priuses.
Yeah I have an Insight and I feel like the driving habits from that have definitely helped driving the truck now.
Sponsored