Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I found an app that seems to promise almost 20% in fuel economy. 😃
Which is amazing since my Powerboost has proved to be about a 20-25% increase in fuel economy over my 2018 KingRanch Ecoboost 3.5 that I previously drove for just short of 4 years.

Anyways, the app....
It's one of those insurance company tattle tail apps. I've been with the same insurer since 2001 and May 25th is the 6 month renewal date. I called my long time gal who has been putting up with me forever and told her I'm officially a senior citizen this month and that I think I should consider being frugal, just to see what it feels like.
She informed me that I'm already treated like royalty and that the only advice she had for cutting costs was to get rid of some toys. 🙄

I replied back "is there any other options?"

She thought for a second and then said "I know you don't have any claims. I don't think you have ever had a claim since you been with me. But how do you drive? I mean, do you drive crazy? I SEE you have 2 little sports cars"

I told her I drive like the old man that I am. Why?

Then she described the app.
In short, it's not very sophisticated.
It will consider over 80mph as a problem.
It will be concerned with serious braking. (I can't have the thing in the Porsche or the Mazdarati)
It doesn't like bar closing hours. (I'm in bed way before such)
But what it absolutely does NOT like is you touching the phone.

I've got 7 "trips" under my belt with it.
I haven't changed my speed at all. (it allows up to 10mph over the limit before scoring your speed as "an event")
The only thing I've changed is I am meticulously smooooooooth at everything I do. It's kind of fun! A challenge. To see if I can finish a trip without an event.

So far perfect scores every leg.
My daily commute is 23 miles each way. I average ~22 mpg, so sometimes 21.x and sometimes 22.x

But now? Concentrating on being smooooooooth?

Trip1 home today:

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230518_153449

Trip home yesterday (first trip with the app)

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230517_163145
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Proving yet again it's far more how we drive than what we drive with regard to fuel mileage. That's why I mentioned in another thread how much I love my PB because I can't get terrible mileage out of it and I have tried lol.

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
I’m in the middle of a 1500 mile road trip and this is my first extended highway drive without a trailer. Blue cruise set at 70mph is getting me 24-25mpg. I’m very impressed so far. Wind is in my favor since I’m heading east. Will be interested in seeing the return trip numbers next week.

Sponsored

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales

So run 91 ethanol free for the max mpg.
Run 93 Octane for the most power.
Run 87 Octane for the lowest cost per mile in fuel costs.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
With 10,000 miles I average 20 MPG calculated by math. The truck's confuser is slightly higher. Only on short spurts do I ever get 23+. I'm not a lead foot, nor do I hyper mileage...other than to use ECO mode on occasion. Conclusion? I'm sasified with my MPG. It's 54% better than my '13 5.0 got and 14% better than my '21 Navigator got (my previous two vehicles).

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
With 10,000 miles I average 20 MPG calculated by math. The truck's confuser is slightly higher. Only on short spurts do I ever get 23+. I'm not a lead foot, nor do I hyper mileage...other than to use ECO mode on occasion. Conclusion? I'm sasified with my MPG. It's 54% better than my '13 5.0 got and 14% better than my Navigator got (my previous two vehicles).
Yep, anything over twenty is gravy. Combination miles is where the PB really shines.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG-1345

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
That was a long weekend trip with combination Interstate, Hwy, town, resort, and sightseeing. The PB gets it's worst mileage on the Interstate above 75mph. You'll see the trip mileage slowly ticking down as the miles add up. Heck, mine went all the way down to 25.8mpg lol! I so love this truck! Have I mentioned that yet?

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
After 569.4 miles I still had a quarter tank left. The ride was so smooth I had to wake everyone up that we were home. It's like that:giggle:

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
That was a long weekend trip with combination Interstate, Hwy, town, resort, and sightseeing. The PB gets it's worst mileage on the Interstate above 75mph. You'll see the trip mileage slowly ticking down as the miles add up. Heck, mine went all the way down to 25.8mpg lol! I so love this truck! Have I mentioned that yet?
You do realize it was still averaging down right? Have you tried resetting your mpg meter while holding a steady cruise at 75?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
You do realize it was still averaging down right? Have you tried resetting your mpg meter while holding a steady cruise at 75?
Yes I realize, that's why it was ticking down. Above 75 my mileage ranges from 22-19 depending on average speed. It's an inverse thing. Speed vs MPG. The beauty of the PB drivetrain is my mpg improves once I come off the ramp. It's actually better at tooling around town than my Outback lol.
Sponsored