Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The return of mild/warmer temperatures makes it so much easier to great mileage out of this wicked fast truck.

A few days of unusual frigid weather revealed to me why so much variation there is between reports.
Sponsored

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
The return of mild/warmer temperatures makes it so much easier to great mileage out of this wicked fast truck.

A few days of unusual frigid weather revealed to me why so much variation there is between reports.
Yep. You are right. I am at 27.7mpg on about 50 miles today & that is by far the best I have seen in a while. It was also 60 here today & it hasn’t been warm like that in a long time.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yep, just got home from the office. Worked late and so traffic was light.
Warmer temps and nobody in front of me messing with momentum, since in adaptive cruise, it's THEIR right foot determining how smooooth my truck can flow. :)

Amazing this wicked powerful brick can stuff EPA numbers so easily without having to hypermile.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230118_195223

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Historically, I have gotten 12-15 mpg. Tahoe, MDX, Q7 & X5. Mostly in town neighborhood driving. I am not a lead foot. The Q7 (4 cylinder) and X5 required sport mode to avoid being sluggish.
1st 500 miles climbing past 20 mpg. Initial 100 miles was 14.8 mpg. I’m just driving normally and am confident that 22+ mpg will be normal.
BTW, there is nothing sluggish about this truck! It is not worth going to sport mode.

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
Sharing this, especially for those looking to lift their truck and upgrade wheels/tires.

11,500 miles on the truck. Averaging 22mpg city / 20 mpg highway. Call it 21 mpg combined, overall, driving in normal mode most of the time. City driving is typical, between 35-55mph. Highway mileage deteriorates significantly every 5mph over 65mph. When I drive 80mph I typically only see 17-18 mpg. 70mph will get me around 20mpg.

My driving style is probably average. Not aggressive, but typically 5-10 mph over the speed limit.

Truck is lifted 1.5 inches (Bilstein 6112 / 5160 combo). Stock 18” wheels. Tires upgraded to the same as what comes on the Tremor: 275/70r18 SL (Standard load, 33” diameter).

I’m extremely pleased with the results.
What MPG were you getting at 80 mph before you put the lift and tires on? I’m debating one what’s the best engine and drivetrain set up for highway cruising at 75-80.

Sponsored

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
What MPG were you getting at 80 mph before you put the lift and tires on? I’m debating one what’s the best engine and drivetrain set up for highway cruising at 75-80.
Lucky if I get 17 at 80. In fact, I get 15-16 most of the time at that speed. Probably doesn't help that I have tow mirrors, but I think the Ecoboost alone would get better mileage at that speed.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Lucky if I get 17 at 80. In fact, I get 15-16 most of the time at that speed. Probably doesn't help that I have tow mirrors, but I think the Ecoboost alone would get better mileage at that speed.
Why do you think that?

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
It’s possible. I’m currently in 2012 with the first gen 3.5. Been really thinking about going back to the V8 since I’ve seen it getting better mpgs at higher speeds or under loads compared to the ecoboosts. Seems like the ecos shine at lower speeds below 65 when they’re not in the boost.

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
It’s possible. I’m currently in 2012 with the first gen 3.5. Been really thinking about going back to the V8 since I’ve seen it getting better mpgs at higher speeds or under loads compared to the ecoboosts. Seems like the ecos shine at lower speeds below 65 when they’re not in the boost.
There are so many variables it's hard to say but I agree that a Powerboost isnt going to get better mpgs than the other two options over 75mph, if all other things are equal. I haven't owned the v8 but it would not surprise me if it was better than the Ecoboost at those speeds as well.

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I think the 6.8 or 7.3L needs to appear in the F-150 because America.

Sponsored

JJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat CC PB
Still getting low MPGs on mine and seems to have stabilized at 16.5 lifetime with 7,000 miles. Have aftermarket suspension, wheels and tires not much of a lift, plus a camper shell on it now. At least it drives/rides nice and comfortable.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Some of the winter numbers could be fuel blends. They're starting to quietly push E15, which has even less energy than E10, which of course has less energy than good ole regular gas. The most ironic part is that e10 was supposed to be a cleaner fuel source, but it's in-fact increased the fuel's carbon footprint by 25%. That's a good thing for the planet, but counterproductive to why it was introduced (at least as it was sold anyway). Corn growers are quite pleased with it. Growing food to put into fuel is just stupid on so many levels.

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
I have to say that the mpg reports in this thread are pretty encouraging. I am considering ordering a '23 PB; was initially concerned by some people saying mpg's in the teens still, makes you wonder why to bother. But my guess is that those folks probably suck at driving, and pound on the brake pedal every time they approach a stop light.
I have a '23 PB FX4 and driving it around on most trips I get about 21 to 22MPG(on the gauges). Yes it is still getting broken in and it is colder (seems to effect the battery) than normal here in the southeast. If I drive it aggressively, it does effect the MPG. However, being to light on the pedal does not improve much either. On the last tank I calculated 20MPG overall . Take all this with a gain of salt since I am only on my 3rd tank of gas.

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
I'm still trying to convince myself and my wife that now is the time to order a new truck.

But if I do, one option that is definitely on my PB configuration is the engine block heater. My 2500HD gains over a full mpg (note: from say, 11 to 12.5 mpg) from having its coolant, oil pan, and transmission pan pre-heated in the garage before daily driving in the winter time. Easy to set a timer for 4am-7am heating, and just not plug the truck in on weekends, holidays or whatever.

Also on my configuration:
- no FX4
- no tow mirrors (even though I'll need some - aftermarket easy on/off saves you drag in daily driving).
- replace tall antenna whip with a shorty
- add a tonneau cover immediately
- purchase additional undershield (cat converter shield) and look at any easy places to improve underbody aero.

I'm pretty convinced that 24-25 mpg is achievable in daily mixed driving, in a truck that can tow 10,000 lbs and also happens to be the fastest f150 ever made. Do want.
Sponsored