Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm lucky to get 15mpg right now. Many of my short trips are 10-12 mpg. It is what it is in this godforsaken part of the country. I'd much rather be complaining about low 40's in back in Florida right now.
Sponsored

TXSTEEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm averaging ~21.5 mpg for the 3900 miles lifetime. My work commute is Dallas Highway where I average 22 to 24 mpg depending on traffic. My weekend driving between neighbor hoods and back and forth to the stores is only in the upper teens. Love the truck and acceleration for such a heavy vehicle.

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
I'm averaging ~21.5 mpg for the 3900 miles lifetime. My work commute is Dallas Highway where I average 22 to 24 mpg depending on traffic. My weekend driving between neighbor hoods and back and forth to the stores is only in the upper teens. Love the truck and acceleration for such a heavy vehicle.
Same area, same highways, darn near the same average. I'm at 21.7 over 5900 miles.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
With about 3200 on the clock now and MPG's just keep getting better and better. Easily averaging 23-24 city and 28+ freeway with the overall tank average of 23.6 with a 50/50 mix of driving.

Over the holidays took a trip out to the in-law's ranch about 90 miles away and managed to hit 31.4 mpg in it. This is with 4 people 2 dogs and a weekend's worth of gear. Granted I was behind a semi for a good portion of that (showing yellow on the range indicator on the cluster) but still impressive to say the least.

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
I have to say that the mpg reports in this thread are pretty encouraging. I am considering ordering a '23 PB; was initially concerned by some people saying mpg's in the teens still, makes you wonder why to bother. But my guess is that those folks probably suck at driving, and pound on the brake pedal every time they approach a stop light.

Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
edit: Post deleted :p

Last edited:

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Haha i might just do that. If I drag my feet long enough (still gotta line up my full down payment, confirm if financing isn't completely awful % for the rest, fully convince the wife, and choose all exact options, etc) then I might get slid into a 24 f150 instead.

I bet the wheel/tire package plays a large roll as well. all weather tires on 18"s probably gets you a full mpg better than A/Ts on heavy 20"s. I was about to spec the towing mirrors until I thought about that obvious mpg penalty as well.

I am also a Ross. :p

lacartus

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F150 PB
One of my regular trips that hovers around 20MPG, it's about 100 miles highway (65-70MPH) where I used BlueCruise and the rest typical start-stop urban where I get the electric miles. I have a few things working against me:
  • heavy truck (6000+lbs, I believe), fully loaded lariat, 6.5bed, max tow, 120lb tonneau, etc.
  • heavy wheel/tires (100lbs 20", 20lbs a corner heavier than my stock combo, see below)
  • tow mirrors
  • leveled 2" with fox 2.5
Around town I get anywhere from 21MPG to 17MPG. The big difference is boost. This is noticeable using the MPG screen on the highway. As others have said in this thread, cruise control hurts MPG because it goes into boost trying to hold a MPH. One work-around I found was to follow a semi that would drop a few MPH on the climbs and and BC would follow without needing to call for a lot of boost.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the mileage for this truck.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG_20230107_112111.JPG

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1673111421228

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Just a confirmatory question for the smart among you-
I have asked before and understand the answers.
There are 2 trip meters- Trip 1 and Trip 2. Each of these can be reset by the driver.
There is a third trip meter visible in MyView that resets each time the truck is started.

In MyView there is a Fuel Economy window that gives average miles per gallon. This window can be reset. At present, Fuel Economy mpg matches my Trip 2 mpg (which has never been reset).

My suspicion is that resetting Fuel Economy will also reset Trip 2.
Is this the correct assumption?

It would be nice if the Fuel Economy window was independent of Trip 1 or Trip 2. This would effectively give a 4th trip meter.

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Just a confirmatory question for the smart among you-
I have asked before and understand the answers.
There are 2 trip meters- Trip 1 and Trip 2. Each of these can be reset by the driver.
There is a third trip meter visible in MyView that resets each time the truck is started.

In MyView there is a Fuel Economy window that gives average miles per gallon. This window can be reset. At present, Fuel Economy mpg matches my Trip 2 mpg (which has never been reset).

My suspicion is that resetting Fuel Economy will also reset Trip 2.
Is this the correct assumption?

It would be nice if the Fuel Economy window was independent of Trip 1 or Trip 2. This would effectively give a 4th trip meter.
Trip 2 only resets by pushing and holding the ok button on the steering wheel. Fuel economy reset is independent of trip 1/2/This trip

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Trip 2 only resets by pushing and holding the ok button on the steering wheel. Fuel economy reset is independent of trip 1/2/This trip
Thanks
So I can leave Fuel Economy alone to yield mpg for the life of the truck.
Trip 1&2 are completely independent and at my discretion.
Thus there are 4 separate options for mpg (excluding pencil and paper)😀

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? Image 1-11-23 at 7.08 AM

Here is a graph of my milage for 21 F150 FX4 Platinum Powerboost. Some of the higher milages were long highway trips below 70 MPH. With the last fill up I set Auto 4WD to see if there is any real impact.