Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
I say when you subtract the electric miles from total miles you then reach miles per gallon. Otherwise it’s convoluted. I’m getting about 12 mpg.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? F659568A-3C88-45A7-A3F6-F601D237F20B
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 7D72BB4E-F7F1-4877-8AD4-188831A536AD
Sponsored

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
Looks like you went 464.5 miles and used 27.8 gals of gas per your reciept. My math says you got 16.7 MPG. You gota remember you used some gas to charge those batteries that you used for 107.5 miles so by subtracting your electric miles from your gas engine miles it pollutes the equation. Interesting to note that the onboard computer was pretty accurate calculating the total trip MPG. Regular may get better mileage too vs premium as it has a higher BTU burn temperature.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Agree, you cannot subtract electric miles, they are still miles. It should always be total miles divided by total gallons. (if you used any gallons as a generator that will also drop your MPG)

Better question, how the hell did you already get a Limited Powerboost in Sac??? It must have been dealer stock? Otherwise it means I am just that much MORE unlucky that my retail order KR powerboost from Future is expected March 3rd.

Also, taking notes that quik stop on Greenback doesn't have the stupid $75 limit on the pump that kills me every time....

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It was a dealer (Elk Grove Ford)order back in October 20, 2020. I found it online using the Ford inventory search Jan 13. Placed my deposit Jan 14. It came Feb 2nd and I picked it up right away. I knew not to haggle as every vehicle I found in a 500 mile radius was presold. Hate to haggle and end up having it sold to the guy behind me. I do not know fuel the dealer used on delivery. But I decided to try premium to see if I feel more power.

Last edited:

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks like you went 464.5 miles and used 27.8 gals of gas per your reciept. My math says you got 16.7 MPG. You gota remember you used some gas to charge those batteries that you used for 107.5 miles so by subtracting your electric miles from your gas engine miles it pollutes the equation. Interesting to note that the onboard computer was pretty accurate calculating the total trip MPG. Regular may get better mileage too vs premium as it has a higher BTU burn temperature.
Maybe I recharged during regenerative braking?? :unsure:(y)

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't worry too much about the MPG yet... Others have shown that their initial MPG was not very good either (break in period). Hopefully yours will tick upward too! If not, I think you will have to donate the truck to me, I'll take it off your hands.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Costco is Tier One, but doesn't appear that Sam's Club is (at least the one near me is not listed as one).

https://toptiergas.com/station-finder/
They are not and that gripes me. I do have several Marathons around me and they are TTF and are usually the cheapest plus if you have a rewards card you can get 5 cents off every gallon. I a;ways use a TTF.

Have only had one fill up but here are some of my MPGs. Some warm ups but not many.

First two were driving back and forth to the dealer, 60% hwy 40% small city stuff. 3rd one is with some warm ups, several short trips of less than 5 or 6 miles, all local rural driving.

Dealer let me put premium fuel in it when I took delivery, I just filled up at about 1/2 tank last night with 87. I'm currently at just over 400 miles and I'm very happy with the Power of the truck, the MPGs and the Lexus like smooth quiet ride.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1612967601409

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1612967626610
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1612967667751

Last edited:

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
It might, I think the only way we'll know is if someone logs "knock count" running with both 87 and 93 octane. If the truck isn't pulling timing due to higher knock count when running 87, then the premium is not doing anything for us. But if knock count is lower with 93 then it may run better with premium. I certainly might run premium situationally, like when pulling or hauling a heavy load in the summer, but normal driving should only require 87 per Ford's info. if 87 is all it needs, I'd save the extra money from premium and make sure you're putting Tier One gasoline in it for the better detergent packages. I've seen the difference off brand gas can make in modern fuel injection systems. Sam's may be Tier One, I have no idea.
I haven’t had a knock in a vehicle in decades!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I haven’t had a knock in a vehicle in decades!
I don't think you would ever hear it in a modern engine. The microphones / sensors are more sensitive than our ears, and the computer sums the knock count and pulls timing if it gets above certain limits.

Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I have noticed that there is a sweet spot that they want you to stay in while accelerating and deceleration. I have the eco coach engaged and it helps you get the most out of your MPG.
So far I am averaging 23.6 with 480 miles on the truck. I might try and put together a little video. Nothing else to do in Ontario. I also have been getting around 28 percent electric miles.
I find it not really better above 75 MPH. They want you to run 65 mph,.

These trucks are awesome. I have done 2, 0 to 60 in 5.4 seconds. I can only imagine that the mileage is going to get better as I drive this truck.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
They are not and that gripes me. I do have several Marathons around me and they are TTF and are usually the cheapest plus if you have a rewards card you can get 5 cents off every gallon. I a;ways use a TTF.

Have only had one fill up but here are some of my MPGs. Some warm ups but not many.

First two were driving back and forth to the dealer, 60% hwy 40% small city stuff. 3rd one is with some warm ups, several short trips of less than 5 or 6 miles, all local rural driving.

Dealer let me put premium fuel in it when I took delivery, I just filled up at about 1/2 tank last night with 87. I'm currently at just over 400 miles and I'm very happy with the Power of the truck, the MPGs and the Lexus like smooth quiet ride.

1612967601409.jpeg

1612967626610.jpeg
1612967667751.jpeg
Wow. Just noticed something in the first pic that is a wonderful feature. The tailgate open indicator. Do you know how many times I’ve questioned whether I had closed it or not?!?!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Wow. Just noticed something in the first pic that is a wonderful feature. The tailgate open indicator. Do you know how many times I’ve questioned whether I had closed it or not?!?!
I just noticed that, I wonder why it is only on the standard drive mode?

I really haven't questioned it though, as soon as you put it in reverse you will know by the camera, plus I believe I have seen a warning alert come on with tailgate down, when you put it in gear.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
I just noticed that, I wonder why it is only on the standard drive mode?

I really haven't questioned it though, as soon as you put it in reverse you will know by the camera, plus I believe I have seen a warning alert come on with tailgate down, when you put it in gear.
I was referring to my 2020 (should’ve been clear) that has no indicator and would always wonder if it was closed whenever I didn’t put into reverse before pulling away. That’s just another improvement on the 2021.
Sponsored