Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
Sponsored

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
[/QUOTE
Don’t get your hopes up. I’ve had mine two weeks. One week of driving one week in the shop and I still don’t have it back. They cannot figure out why it is shutting down on hard acceleration. And my gas mileage so far is not near what the window sticker says.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Don’t get your hopes up. I’ve had mine two weeks. One week of driving one week in the shop and I still don’t have it back. They cannot figure out why it is shutting down on hard acceleration. And my gas mileage so far is not near what the window sticker says.
Sorry to hear about problems with your new truck, please update us on what the dealer finds.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Only 250 mile in, I am able to get 23+mpg with eco mode and drive like a grandma.
Ha, I'm a Grandad, I'm only getting 15.5mpg around town with my 2016 4x4 5.0 W/3.55 gear. Thanks for the real world number, I bet it improves more with some more break-in. Thanks for your input.

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Ha, I'm a Grandad, I'm only getting 15.5mpg around town with my 2016 4x4 5.0 W/3.55 gear. Thanks for the real world number, I bet it improves more with some more break-in. Thanks for your input.
Winter time is a bad time to get accurate mileage numbers on.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Winter time is a bad time to get accurate mileage numbers on.
I agree, but I drive all 12 months of the year here in California. I know other places get freezes and snow and their mileage may vary by season, but I was curious what overall averages are regardless of season.

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Sorry to hear about problems with your new truck, please update us on what the dealer finds.
Ford will not send an engineer out because of Covid. They are playing phone tag. My truck has been in the shop three days last week and so far three days this week. They are going through the wiring system trying to find out the problem. I told him I had to have my truck by this Friday. We will see how that goes.

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Well sometime I have to trick the hybrid system by lightly tapping the brake to bring the truck into all electric drive (i.e. engine off) to get more mpg out of the battery.

2021f150

First Name
Jaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Well sometime I have to trick the hybrid system by lightly tapping the brake to bring the truck into all electric drive (i.e. engine off) to get more mpg out of the battery.
I have 415 miles on the truck with mixed driving. I have been intentionally driving like a grandma and selecting eco whenever I remember. I am averaging 19.1 on the computer. My 2016 was 15.9 with same driving.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The guy you are replying to said he has a 5.0. I know this is the powerboost thread which makes it a bit confusing but I think he didn't realize that and wanted to join in.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
The guy you are replying to said he has a 5.0. I know this is the powerboost thread which makes it a bit confusing but I think he didn't realize that and wanted to join in.
OK thanks for the heads-up. I did think he had a powerboost with problems.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
I have 415 miles on the truck with mixed driving. I have been intentionally driving like a grandma and selecting eco whenever I remember. I am averaging 19.1 on the computer. My 2016 was 15.9 with same driving.
Thanks for your input. Maybe with some software updates down the road, tapping the brake wont be needed to get more time on the battery! Good to see 19 vs 16 mpg and not broken in drive train yet!

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
Are you in Eco mode?