Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
You really shouldn't have to turn it off. If the lifestyle remains the same and you used to idle a lot, you will save so much money even with the powerboost idling in Ready mode, turning on every now and again.

It will reflect low numbers for a short period of time and look better quickly, every time.
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Ok see the photo of the dash. This was me driving some side streets, but mostly on highway at or slightly above the speed limit. I was early for an appointment so I took my time but generally if the speed limit is 65 I drive 75. But at 65 mph and taking it easy i averaged 24.1 one way and 25.7 returning with approx. 4,600 miles on the truck. Both trips were same day but slighting different total miles on that one trip. I find this amazing but overall I am getting 21 mpg since owning it which is not bad as I do have a heavy foot and do not do the speed limit on the hwy. That said I am in Miami and the roads are flat, air temp of approx. 85. Lariat Powerboost model with 20" tires. Truck is stock except I do have Retrax bed cover. Was not carrying any real weight maybe some tools in the back seat area but no more than 200 lbs and I weigh in at 180 lbs. NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH DELAY OF THE FORD BLUE CRUISE...NOT ONE BIT.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG_1090

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG_1105

Platty_PB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum PowerBoost SuperCrew
Also let me put it this way, I idle more than anyone I know, including any post in here. I am at 12K miles, and at around 540 hours engine ON time. And I am looking at 20 to 21 lifetime so far.

But I do also use many of my 25 hybrid driving tips and techniques. You should check them out, especially if you're new to Hybrids, like many powerboost owners are. They mostly came from trucks.
Do you find that there is very little pedal throw that allows you to drive in electric mode when you kick it over (by braking) ? Maybe its that I (literally) have a heavy foot (size 14) but if I feel that I have moved the pedal at all then it switches to ICE. This even happens in parking lots, on my street in the neighborhood, etc. Almost wondering if there is a pedal calibration that needs to be done.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Do you find that there is very little pedal throw that allows you to drive in electric mode when you kick it over (by braking) ? Maybe its that I (literally) have a heavy foot (size 14) but if I feel that I have moved the pedal at all then it switches to ICE. This even happens in parking lots, on my street in the neighborhood, etc. Almost wondering if there is a pedal calibration that needs to be done.
I doubt there's anything wrong with it. It is tough to have it stay on. The truck is bear 6000 lbs and the electric HP is about 1/3 the amount if HP a camry hybrid or even Fusion hybrid has.

If it had more electrical energy and HP we would he easily in the 30s every day. Buy, the power is what it is.

It is very hard to stay in battery only. I agree.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Have you tried looking at the EV coach? I leave it up all the time, but just watching it for a few days will give you a good idea of what the truck is up to and how much pressure you can apply. It’s not much, but if the battery is charged, it will carry on level at 40-45 mph for half a mile or so

Sponsored

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Trip to Yosemite today. About 1/2 was pretty flat land although on the way back we had a lot of slow-and-go due to law enforcement activity due to a semi-tractor-trailer that didn't want to stop.

About 1/2 was either hills or mountains.

Average was 23mpg. That's better than I would have expected from that kind of trip.

I have about 2200 miles on it now so I think it may not yet be fully broken in?

F150guy54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
retired
Don’t get your hopes up. I’ve had mine two weeks. One week of driving one week in the shop and I still don’t have it back. They cannot figure out why it is shutting down on hard acceleration. And my gas mileage so far is not near what the window sticker says.
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
I've had my truck since September and have 1800 miles on it. I get 22-24 mpg in town and 28.9 on highway while driving on flat straight road for 25 or more miles.

Tx_actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Crosstrek, f150
It’s been two weeks with the truck now and I’m the over the 24 mpg rating. My commute is 26-30 miles one way to downtown Dallas. Haven’t been below 27 mpg on the commute and have averaged over 30 on some in town trips. Going to get over 700 miles on this first tank of gas.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 8CEF02A8-DB23-4B7F-A8ED-26C5FBBADFAF

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
It’s been two weeks with the truck now and I’m the over the 24 mpg rating. My commute is 26-30 miles one way to downtown Dallas. Haven’t been below 27 mpg on the commute and have averaged over 30 on some in town trips. Going to get over 700 miles on this first tank of gas.
8CEF02A8-DB23-4B7F-A8ED-26C5FBBADFAF.jpeg
Very impressive! want more fun? Configure your boost gauge so it displays on dash and then use +/- buttons whenever you start climbing a grade to lock out top gears to raise rpms when you see turbo boost rise. It will help mileage even more to keep engine from lugging and boosting when not needed. Boost equals sucking more gas. As soon as road levels out or goes downhill, restore the top gears again. It works!!! This trip is highway trip 2 "well fed" people with light luggage over a 4500' Mt Hood mountain pass from Redmond, Oregon to Portland, Oregon. I think we use up 1/3 rd of our rated payload. Good thing kids are grown and out the door....lol.....Would have to add a tag axle.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG_5400 (1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lucky150

First Name
Lucky150
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021, F150 2017, Mercedes-Benz 2018
Occupation
Business man
I drove 726 km and used 93 Littles... What millage i got on my F150 2021 powerboost platinum..?

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
Here's 405 southbound in LA at 11pm (still a bunch of traffic) at 65mph. This is in ECO mode, I think this is the best mileage I've seen, not sure if it's the result of not going over 65 or the engine has reached "break in." Using 89 octane.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 405m

wondering: why is the truck blurred out sometimes on the EV coach? (I also have bluecruise, is it related?)
Not relevant but I took this today…
9DCEAFAE-41E6-410C-8318-66A33B4EE6F7.jpeg

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I'm observing two ranges of fuel consumption. When travelling at 55-65 I see something like 24-26 mpg. In my parts I-80 has some significant stretches where speed limits are 80 mph. When travelling along that way I see something like 20-21 mpg. So long as you use the minimum octane rating, 87, you'll likely see these numbers. Higher octane does not improve mpg as octane rating has nothing to do with energy content. If you're travelling on a hot summer day with a heavy load (eg on the turbos alot) going up in octane might be a good idea to ensure good margin from cylinder detonation. Otherwise use the specified 87.
Sponsored