Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Powerboost, Supercrew, FX4, 502A
Occupation
Professional Bum
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
250 miles on mine, babying it and still cannot average above 19, town or highway. Fairly disappointed. This 24/24 thing is just pure BS.

Then I hear when I put my new tires on it will even be worse.

So I am at 19, but what I notice is when I sit idling (off in electric mostly) the mileage drops, that's weird. Shoujld stay the same.
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Usually get between 24.3 - 25.2 mpg combined driving. Today I noticed something weird. Pulling away from a light or just accelerating on a flat road, the average mpg would drop to 5-10 on the linear gauge. Along with the average mileage which usually hovers around 24.5.. this concerns me a bit. Unless in electric mode, my average mpg has now dropped to between 22-23.8 Nothing has really changed in my driving habits nor gas. Any thoughts? Bugging the hell out of me. We just getting ready to leave for vacation too.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Had to go into the office today (first time in a while) so I got to check out the mileage on my pretty heavy traffic commute (DC Metro area). I’m happily surprised! Average mpg is about the same, if not slightly better, than my small sedan I traded in (Genesis G70 AWD and, in fairness, with the twin turbo V6)
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 0E4974ED-FBB5-4EAC-B607-22A97497D3A2

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
ECO mode?

Where is that setting? I have went thru everything and haven't seen this, just like I have not seen a tow/haul mode.
I'm guessing that you might be STUNNED to discover all the buttons/options a driver has in one of these latest techno-vehicles. :)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
250 miles on mine, babying it and still cannot average above 19, town or highway. Fairly disappointed. This 24/24 thing is just pure BS.

Then I hear when I put my new tires on it will even be worse.

So I am at 19, but what I notice is when I sit idling (off in electric mostly) the mileage drops, that's weird. Shoujld stay the same.
In all fairness, your specific truck is performing far less efficiently than so many others reporting here. I'm not sure Ford's claim is BS, but rather your truck isn't operating properly.

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Bum
In all fairness, your specific truck is performing far less efficiently than so many others reporting here. I'm not sure Ford's claim is BS, but rather your truck isn't operating properly.
Well seems to be operating as designed and reading others characteristics of the electric system it is on par. So maybe I am reporting correctly and others are in mileage heaven? Works both ways my friend, don't think I don't want 24 and really a perfectly functioning truck shouldn;t be that much different than another.

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Bum
I will say this I am still above half a tank on the gauge (accuracy not checked) and have driven almost 300 miles.

Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Usually on the 8m ride up the hill to the office I get 15 mpg, and around 40 on the way back..

Got back in town for winter and today i got 14 on the way up. Went home after work, 24 mpg.

Realized I had forgotten my laptop, and when I went back, the second time coming down the hill with a warm engine I got 54 mpg. Amazing how much cold impacts mpg. More than 2x the mpg with a warm engine on the same exact trip.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
@dankko58 your 19 mpg does sound a tiny bit low, maybe echo mode will help with that. I’ve recorded well over 30 mpg over distance not just here to the stop light. Check out the screenshot and notice the distance that was traveled and the time it took me to go that far. Empty truck, the PB does quite well, but, I can make mine drop to less than 19 if I want to.??
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? D6F26DC2-5B69-4A38-B461-136917381213

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
Well seems to be operating as designed and reading others characteristics of the electric system it is on par. So maybe I am reporting correctly and others are in mileage heaven? Works both ways my friend, don't think I don't want 24 and really a perfectly functioning truck shouldn;t be that much different than another.
dannko58,

I don’t think that anything is wrong with your truck. My 2018 F-150 EB continuously improved in fuel mileage over about the first 5000 miles and I’m expecting the same from my new PB. I am also averaging about 19 mpg, but only have 600 miles on the new truck so far and am not concerned about this at this point in time. It will get better.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So maybe I am reporting correctly and others are in mileage heaven?
So it's not just Ford that is full of BS. It's anybody reporting better fuel mileage than 19?

You could be right, but it seems a stretch.
I do mixed driving and very little effort to hyper-mile. It takes too much fun out of driving it for me. The only condition I see 19mpg or less is a coldstart and less than 7 miles traveled. I've watched and after about 7 miles, it just wants to find a way to stay in the 20's.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
Great reading these posts. Very interesting hearing everyone’s experience.

My truck is two days old 61 miles. So I have almost no experience with efficiency but I can tell you today’s drive with a non-broken in power train with no BS.

Drove 40 miles today 60% highway 40% stop and go. I got 23 mpg as per trip. I was babying it, no hard starts and varying my speed 55-65.

I though EPA determines sticker MPG sticker ratings not Ford. My own experience is the only car I ever owned that got better than sticker was my Honda Civic. I’ll be very happy if my F150 gets close to 24/24 once I return to my normal driving habits.

It’s good to know from these posts that a lot of folks are getting close to it.

Appears that if you purchased your truck and want the best MPG your driving habits need to match hybrid eco coach guidance for best results.

If you purchased because you want a real fast truck and that’s the way you drive it… Have a blast and don’t pay any mind to the numbers.

For me it’s a little of both. So I’ll be fine with paying the price at the pump but also know I have the option to drive economically when I want to.
Sponsored