Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
If I drive SUPER conservative (slower in every aspect than anything near me), I might see 18 in very slow around town. I have never broken 19 on level interstate at 74mph. 80? I would not make 16. Ford had nothing to say.
These Powerboost F-150's vary greatly one truck to another. Some get great fuel economy, some not so much. Mine has averaged 19.15 MPG over 38,000 miles (I record every fill-up in a spreadsheet) and above 70mph it gets around 18 unless wind aided or wind opposed when I pick up or lose another mpg respectively. In 21 months of ownership, I've had exactly one long drive (400 miles) on one day where I actually achieved 24 mpg and I honestly don't know how it happened. I drive conservatively as well, using cruise control on highways and whenever possible on longer stretches in town. There are no rabbit starts and I try to break early enough to get my eco report to give me the 100% energy returned message. I find when driving with cruise control engaged on 40 mph roads that electric driving rarely engages unless I tap the breaks and then it will engage for a half mile or so before returning to ICE mode.

Unless something catastrophic happens to the vehicle that triggers a code, Ford isn't going to do anything for you and I doubt you will find a tech anywhere capable of troubleshooting and diagnosing why our trucks aren't getting the 23/24 mpg spec'd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
These Powerboost F-150's vary greatly one truck to another. Some get great fuel economy, some not so much. Mine has averaged 19.15 MPG over 38,000 miles (I record every fill-up in a spreadsheet) and above 70mph it gets around 18 unless wind aided or wind opposed when I pick up or lose another mpg respectively. In 21 months of ownership, I've had exactly one long drive (400 miles) on one day where I actually achieved 24 mpg and I honestly don't know how it happened. I drive conservatively as well, using cruise control on highways and whenever possible on longer stretches in town. There are no rabbit starts and I try to break early enough to get my eco report to give me the 100% energy returned message. I find when driving with cruise control engaged on 40 mph roads that electric driving rarely engages unless I tap the breaks and then it will engage for a half mile or so before returning to ICE mode.

Unless something catastrophic happens to the vehicle that triggers a code, Ford isn't going to do anything for you and I doubt you will find a tech anywhere capable of troubleshooting and diagnosing why our trucks aren't getting the 23/24 mpg spec'd.
My overall average is 20.4 last I checked.

Short trips, spirited driving, and extensive idling will drive down that overall number. I'm interested in what mileage my truck is capable of and the pics demonstrate that.

I also find that using cruise control actually lowers my mpg compared to driving the same speed range without it engaged. Cruise control uses boost over rpm to increase speed and stronger than coasting regen braking to slow down. It keeps a tight grip on the speed I select whereas when I'm in charge of the speed I let it coast above and gently increase rpm when below my desired number.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Over my last 6 fillups, I have averaged a hand calculated 21.08 mpg. That includes a trip from Richmond to Orlando and return.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
At 80mph I get 22 mpg. At 70mph I get 24.5mpg.

I only have 1700 miles so I hope it gets better gas mileage after it breaks in.
I hope so too! 430hp weighing nearly 6000lbs. and getting 22mpg at 80mph is just not getting the job done. 😎
One Truck to rule them all!

RancidRacer

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023KRPowerboost, 1995Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I got 24.2 mpg late last week on a two-day round-trip of about 250 miles. Most of this was on I-26 between Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC with cruise set at 77mph.

nysteve

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 f350 , coming 2024 f150 powerboost , 1999 e25
Occupation
retireFDNYd
I have a 23 XLT, 6.5’ and tow mirrors, 10K miles. Truck is greatly afftby the go pedal as you would expect with any turbo vehicle, especially a truck. Mileage improved as it continued to break-in.

per the fuel mileage monitor, I consistently get 23-25 on long trips that are mostly flat at 70mph, at 75, 22-23mpg and 80 about 21. Mileage around town, with a very light foot and focus on the EV monitor, I can get 27-28 on my 30 mile round trip drive to Costco with speeds between 30-50mph. This loop, driven conservatively, yields 10 EV miles.

Nothing new really, Drive it hard and it sucks gas, use an egg between your foot and the accelerator and the PB can get great mileage in mixed driving.
Do you have the 18 or 20" wheels?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
From 01/10/24 to 04/11/24, I've gotten a hand calculated 21.165 mpg. I have OEM Michelin Primacy XC M&S 275/65R18 tires. 133.751 gallons in 2,830.9 miles. It includes a round trip from Richmond to Orlando and return.
Sponsored

Last edited: