First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I can never find a tire shiner as good as dealers & Cae washes use. Can anyone offer up a product name?
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I've tried a few from Chemical Guys, Mothers, Etc.

My go to is CarPro Pearl mixed 1 to 5 with water. Spray on, brush into AT tires using a cheap Amazon detailing brush. It levels out really smooth to a satin finish, if that's what your into. It last for a few weeks to months in my experience. I skip wheel/tires every other wash or more, just hose off and they look fine.

I just tried a newer product CarPro ReTyre and totally impressed. I used to just use my wheel cleaner (Brake Buster at 1:1) to clean rubber, but ReTyre was insane at how well it worked. Two passes and they looked stripped new, none of that brown haze left.

I think with a clean slate, any dressing going to hold up even better. I'd highly recommend ReTyre with whatever you choose.

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I've tried a few from Chemical Guys, Mothers, Etc.

My go to is CarPro Pearl mixed 1 to 5 with water. Spray on, brush into AT tires using a cheap Amazon detailing brush. It levels out really smooth to a satin finish, if that's what your into. It last for a few weeks to months in my experience. I skip wheel/tires every other wash or more, just hose off and they look fine.

I just tried a newer product CarPro ReTyre and totally impressed. I used to just use my wheel cleaner (Brake Buster at 1:1) to clean rubber, but ReTyre was insane at how well it worked. Two passes and they looked stripped new, none of that brown haze left.

I think with a clean slate, any dressing going to hold up even better. I'd highly recommend ReTyre with whatever you choose.
Question... I live on a dirt rd. Does the pearl or retyr leave a sticky residue that the dirt will stick to. I love the look of dressing but hate when the dirt sticks to it. Lol

Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Question... I live on a dirt rd. Does the pearl or retyr leave a sticky residue that the dirt will stick to. I love the look of dressing but hate when the dirt sticks to it. Lol
Just went and check, it’s completely dry and tack free. Dust wiped off. Again, I use a 1:5 dilution, if you spray straight out the bottle I’d image a higher sheen, but no experience.
Ford F-150 What Is The Best Tire Dressing? IMG_8250

L33der

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 LARIAT FX4 (Ordered)
Occupation
IT, Dog Musher
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. A great UV protector, no Silicone and doesn't turn the tires brown. It leaves a matte, non greasy finish. I use it on everything from tires to tonneau cover, any type of vinyl, plastic, leather, etc. to prevent fading and cracking. Just don't use it on Suede or Brushed leathers. As a test, I applied some to a solar panel and it cut energy production by over 50%.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I really like Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. it isnt runny so it doesnt sling down the side of the truck and it dries in a nice clean matte look. I put it on a microfiber applicator and just rub it on the tire. currently now that i ran out, i'm using some new Chemical Guys Nice and Wet Tire Shine which is spray on

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. A great UV protector, no Silicone and doesn't turn the tires brown. It leaves a matte, non greasy finish. I use it on everything from tires to tonneau cover, any type of vinyl, plastic, leather, etc. to prevent fading and cracking. Just don't use it on Suede or Brushed leathers. As a test, I applied some to a solar panel and it cut energy production by over 50%.
that reminds me, i need to pick up some more 303

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I'm a big fan of Lady Godiva's Best Tire Dressing (aka au-naturel naked tires) ;) :D

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Just went and check, it’s completely dry and tack free. Dust wiped off. Again, I use a 1:5 dilution, if you spray straight out the bottle I’d image a higher sheen, but no experience.
IMG_8250.jpeg
Thanks. I need to go check this out. I dont like the really shiny thick gel looking ones that catch every speck of dirt and sling all over side of truck.

Have you used this on a tonneau cover or anything. I need to look into something for mine

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Thanks. I need to go check this out. I dont like the really shiny thick gel looking ones that catch every speck of dirt and sling all over side of truck.

Have you used this on a tonneau cover or anything. I need to look into something for mine
Aside from rubber - plastics, under the hood, interior. I'm pretty sure its SiO2 (ceramic) infused and mentions UV protection. Take that with a grain of salt though, my impression of UV resistance is worth the webpage its written on. I think the big stand out for me is, it doesn't look perfect when you brush it on, but levels quite nicely.

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
I use Lucas Slick Mist tire shine. It's water based. I would categized it as a semi gloss that settles out to a satin after a week. It lasts me 2-3 weeks in TX and it not expensive so I'm happy with it.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I've used Griots, Mothers, Adam's and a few others. So far like the Chemical Guys tire dressing. Water based, no sling.
Sponsored