Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Hi everyone,

I want to make the switch to the Ford F150 from my Ram, but got a big roadtrip coming up in July that I need A truck for. Wondering what the odds are that I can put a build order in the next couple of weeks and get it by June timeframe for my trip? Thoughts from folks who have ordered and received their truck in 2021? Thanks!
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Your chances are slim on that. They're already scheduling into mid-May I believe. If you want an F150 before July, find one on a lot somewhere.

OP
OP
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Your chances are slim on that. They're already scheduling into mid-May I believe. If you want an F150 before July, find one on a lot somewhere.
Yeah I have tried, couldn't find something with just enough of the features I want without all the extra weight.

Mid-may doesn't sound bad for delivery... or do you mean to get a build date?

pricetyler

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Constrution Executive
Hi everyone,

I want to make the switch to the Ford F150 from my Ram, but got a big roadtrip coming up in July that I need A truck for. Wondering what the odds are that I can put a build order in the next couple of weeks and get it by June timeframe for my trip? Thoughts from folks who have ordered and received their truck in 2021? Thanks!
I ordered my PowerBoost Platinum on February 3 and picked it up a couple of weeks ago on March 26. From what I am reading on this site it looks like I got pretty lucky. I'm really liking the PowerBoost so far.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I have tried, couldn't find something with just enough of the features I want without all the extra weight.

Just ballparking here but I think some have ordered their trucks and got them within about 8 weeks after ordering. Some like me not so lucky. I ordered November 4 got a build date yesterday (don't know when is was actually issued), of May 1 but certainly not holding my breath with the chip shortage. At this point I think I'll be lucky if it rolls onto the dealer lot before end of June.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Just ballparking here but I think some have ordered their trucks and got them within about 8 weeks after ordering. Some like me not so lucky. I ordered November 4 got a build date yesterday (don't know when is was actually issued), of May 1 but certainly not holding my breath with the chip shortage. At this point I think I'll be lucky if it rolls onto the dealer lot before end of June.
Sorry to hear, I know how it feels to have to wait for so long for a vehicle - not fun. Stay strong brother..

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! But yeah just wanted to give you an idea of how long it could take. Could be about 8 weeks but I think most are taking longer. It's been commodity availability issues like paint colors, foldable work surface, fully recline seats, etc. Just hasn't been any rhyme or reason that anyone can tell as when the trucks will get built and delivered and why some are built before others. Even before the chip issue some trucks were built and sat at the infamous Ramp 59 waiting. Haven't seen any talk about it in a while but there could still be trucks built waiting to be shipped. If you don't want to risk waiting for a truck to be built you can try car gurus and other sites to check dealer inventory. Good Luck!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Mid to late May is when it would be built. Estimate another month for delivery after that and I'd think mid to late June would be best case for delivery right now.

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
We ordered our Powerboost XLT F150 late NOV & took delivery mid-FEB which in today's world of chip shortages don't mean squat. It appears the simpler the build the less likely there'll be part shortages. Good luck. Really like our Powerboost!

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone,

Same with me, I've got a road trip in July as well and I need the truck. I ordered 26 Mar. and so far I don't even have the confirmation of order. they told me 12-16 weeks was the **average** but I have been studying the orders list here and see quite a few orders hitting the 180-200 days mark. I'm thinking I need to make a plan B for my summer trip.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mid to late May is when it would be built. Estimate another month for delivery after that and I'd think mid to late June would be best case for delivery right now.
My order went in March 15, and I was given a date of May 24, which I assumed to be the build week, but now I am told that it is the ETA for delivery, and as of yesterday , it was unchanged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Same with me, I've got a road trip in July as well and I need the truck. I ordered 26 Mar. and so far I don't even have the confirmation of order. they told me 12-16 weeks was the **average** but I have been studying the orders list here and see quite a few orders hitting the 180-200 days mark. I'm thinking I need to make a plan B for my summer trip.
Sorry to hear! Thats gotta be frustrating - I didn't want to end up with the same scenario. My lease ends in November, wondering if I should just order the truck now lol.

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2022 edge
Occupation
retired
I'am still waiting orderd 11/16

lkaboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Looks like mine will be about 19 weeks.
I truly hope for your sake that is true. I pre-ordered my new 2021 sept. 30 of 2020, two months before production was scheduled to begin with a promised delivery second week of December. After that date came and went I was told January, another month goes by, still no truck, told it would be March, NOT! Now its supposed to be April 16, today. I just got off the phone with the dealer as it was supposed to be delivered today. NOT HAPPENING! I was told that they have a VIN number for my truck and it is supposedly sitting in ramp 89 in Dearborn MI, whatever that means, but Ford won"t/can't tell them why it hasn't shipped, probably chip issues.
I've owned Fords for decades, always had good luck. I work for a manufacturer that makes micro components for the DOD, with a large portion of parts coming from all over the world. Anytime we have supply issues we find solutions even if it means air freighting parts in at a net loss, we don't make the problem the end users issue! In my opinion, if Ford won't take the hit and take the necessary steps, expedited freight, increased labor/ production costs or at a minimum offering those that put money down on a pre-ordered vehicle, a cash discount incentive to offset the disgust of having waited 7 months for a truck, I'm willing to bet I can find a truck dealer that'll be happy to take my $60k+ and it won't be Ford. They (Ford) can invest $500 million dollars in Rivian but they can't fix this issue? I'll bet the executives did'nt miss their bonus dates!

Sorry for the rant,
Sincerely, Disgusted!!!
Sponsored