Sponsored

What insurance company for your f150?

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I have StateFarm as well. I have the electronic nanny “Drive Safe” thing on my truck and Im saving a ton of money with it. I canceled the Drive Safe for my car because I didn’t need them seeing how I drive it ;-) I was tired of getting bad marks for acceleration, breaking, and turns! It’s amazing that I pay 800+ a year for my car and less than 500 for a truck worth 2x more.
Just fyi, your truck does have telematics built in (aka drive safe). And Ford does share our info. The mustang folks are pretty keen on disabling it.

Ford actively shares our info with State Farm, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, etc. They share info LexisNexis. They supposedly work with 95 of the top 100 U.S. auto insurers.

And by share I mean shamelessly sells it.
Sponsored

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Just fyi, your truck does have telematics built in (aka drive safe). And Ford does share our info. The mustang folks are pretty keen on disabling it.

Ford actively shares our info with State Farm, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, etc. They share info LexisNexis. They supposedly work with 95 of the top 100 U.S. auto insurers.

Interesting, considering how important privacy and personal information is nowadays, it seems like this would have to be documented. Do you have any resources that Ford is doing this?

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
"Owners of eligible Ford vehicles who select usage-based insurance policies and choose to share connected vehicle data about how they drive may qualify for discounts based on that data. Telematics data is shared with insurance carriers through Ford’s embedded modem – now standard on all new vehicles – and enables the carrier to use that information to analyze driving habits and offer potential savings."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...2/21/ford-supports-insuretech-revolution.html

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance

That’s funny cause I was under the impression that you had to opt in to that sharing. I have that option turned off in my truck since I got it.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Interesting, considering how important privacy and personal information is nowadays, it seems like this would have to be documented. Do you have any resources that Ford is doing this?
There's a lot of info on the ford.com site. https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/#categories

Looks like most of the tracking come from the FordPass options. But the mustang folks are not opting in and still getting tracked. I did a lot of research on this (the truck's 4G) before I bought.

"Owners of eligible Ford vehicles who select usage-based insurance policies and choose to share connected vehicle data about how they drive may qualify for discounts based on that data. Telematics data is shared with insurance carriers through Ford’s embedded modem – now standard on all new vehicles – and enables the carrier to use that information to analyze driving habits and offer potential savings."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...2/21/ford-supports-insuretech-revolution.html
Seems like you already info found it. There's an option on the truck, some people have. I do not on my XLT. But I believe using FordPass opts you into a lot of the sharing.

That’s funny cause I was under the impression that you had to opt in to that sharing. I have that option turned off in my truck since I got it.
Like everything these days, I believe you have to opt OUT. Like iPhones app/ad tracking. You have to opt out with the option instead of opting in. Im pretty sure you opted out when you turned it off.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I'm with State farm. The truck is bundled including another car in my name. Full coverage with $500 deductible and using the Drive Safe tracker. It's $172 for 6 months. It only went up about $50 vs. my '03 with the same coverage. When the agent quoted it, she said she'd never seen a rate that low for a new truck. She guessed it was because it's got all the safety features (502a, 360 cameras, BC ready etc.) The Drive Safe discount cuts my rates by $90.....I guess I drive like an old man.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Still, in my observation they're far better than others. I found their service to be superior. Have had a couple of claims paid out to me from State Farm insureds to me. Found State Farm to be too profit oriented in their payout.

I couldn't agree more. Long time USAA customer for all my insurance. They aren't the cheapest but they are competitive and the service is amazing. They always pay and never give me a hassle.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I asked the guy and he asked those questions too. First he had passed and then I told him I really had no way of knowing if he was member. I said I doubted it because he bought all his insurance locally. Navy veteran during Korean war. The guy told me if I knew his social security number he could check. It would take me a while to track that down.
Track it down. You won't be disappointed. USAA is the best.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
There's a lot of info on the ford.com site. https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/#categories

Looks like most of the tracking come from the FordPass options. But the mustang folks are not opting in and still getting tracked. I did a lot of research on this (the truck's 4G) before I bought.

Seems like you already info found it. There's an option on the truck, some people have. I do not on my XLT. But I believe using FordPass opts you into a lot of the sharing.

Like everything these days, I believe you have to opt OUT. Like iPhones app/ad tracking. You have to opt out with the option instead of opting in. Im pretty sure you opted out when you turned it off.
that option in the sync settings has been off since I got the truck. I never had to turn it off.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
USAA for me too.

Sponsored

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
USAA as well.

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
Still, in my observation they're far better than others. I found their service to be superior. Have had a couple of claims paid out to me from State Farm insureds to me. Found State Farm to be too profit oriented in their payout.
I have USAA. Their rates seems to be higher than others but have had great service over the years.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
I have USAA as well. My rate went down a little with the ‘21 Lariat versus the ‘18 STX, maybe $10 to $20 a month. They’ve always had good service though, which I’ll gladly pay for. I’ve been with them since I bought my ‘06 GTO in ‘09. Cycled several cars through hail claims with them. I bought a ‘12 Sierra brand new and they missed some hail damage in the bed of the truck during the appraisal, I got a call from the body shop saying they talked to USAA and said they could give me the difference in money or Rhino Line the bed. Naturally I picked the Rhino lining because I wanted that anyway, but I’ve been sold since then.

I always recommend them to people who qualify. It’s also nice since so few people have them, appraisals are always pretty quick, for me anyway.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I have USAA, I pay $146 for full coverage a month on my new 21 F150 vs $180 a month I used to pay for my previous 2012 Shelby gt500. This is a new 56k worth vehicle vs 35k on my older Shelby. Also I was able to tailor the coverages to me and changed a few things. I love USAA, if you’re able to qualify I think that’s definitely the way to go.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90 T5 22 Ford Lightning 23 Subaru Outbac
Interesting, children of veterans who are USAA members are eligible... Can only conclude that since your dad passed away or if he wasn't a USAA member, that was the reason...
The member still has to be alive in order for the legacy to benefit. Same with Navy Federal Credit Union.
Sponsored