Sponsored

What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)?

HJAB

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Maintenance
Hey All,

I am looking for some inspiration.

Recently picked up a 2022 F150 XLT 5.0. The truck is already leveled and on 35s.
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? 0693FC6F-1A76-4D55-99D5-BBA70904420E

Im looking for any other ideas and ideally some examples/ recommendations?

I'm looking for ideas on mods, things I would like to do:
  • Decide on weather details should be gloss or Matte black
  • Change front grill
  • Dark Ford badges
  • BAP or similar lights
  • Dark FX4 stickers
  • Spray in bed liner
  • Bed cover
  • BAP or similar side vents
  • Seat covers or replacement leather
  • Window wind deflectors
  • Bonnet deflector (maybe)
  • Black Lettering for tail gate
  • Cold air intake
  • Oil catch can
Thanks,
HJAB
Sponsored

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Rear wheel well liners if you haven't already.

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
I've had a lot of trucks, but this is the first one that I bought a BedMat for. Pair it with any tonneau cover and you've got a huge, luxurious trunk.

I'd recommend a shorty antenna unless you want to keep it OEM for a low-clearance reminder.

Great color! I'd keep the grille and vents as they are!

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Since it sounds like you are wanting to create a BAP, a quick easy mod would be to pull off the chrome tailpipe, clean it, scuff it, prime it and paint it with some high temp black paint. As far as I know there aren't many aftermarket options as of yet to fit the odd size. Ford makes one but it is crazy expensive for what it is. If you're not opposed to Plasti-Dip, I dipped the chrome lettering on my fender badges and also the chrome on my grille and tailgate Ford emblem. It was really easy and cost less than $10. Other than that maybe some paint matched mirrors or a stubby antenna. I left my antenna stock because I am also lifted but only on 34s and like having the antenna act as an early warning sign against low overhead objects such as parking garages. Nice looking truck BTW.

Last edited:

Jstone1911

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Commercial Construction Project Manager
HJAB, Nice looking truck. You're off to the races now. The fun thing is the sky's the limit with these rigs. The possibilities are endless.
Here's a couple photos of my rig. I do prefer mat black for the vinyl work, but again, maybe an accent like red would look good too. I'll be adding some different front and rear tow hooks and will probably go with red.

To summarize my rig:
6" lift
2" wheel spacers on Fuel wheels gives is a nice wide stance. 35" BFGs.
dual exhaust
auxiliary back up lights (tied into reverse circuit on trailer wiring. Works with zone lighting)
Performance intake
Race Chips tuner. Bluetooth enabled. +85 HP.
Rear wheel well liners, definitely helps with keeping mud in check.
Many other additions I wont bore you with.

If you have the drop down tailgate step, put the loop side of velcro tape on the bars. It'll stop that annoying rattle when you close the gate or drive down a bumpy road. I also have a post in this forum on how to quiet the blinker noise. Loudest I've ever heard.....

If you don't already, become familiar with FORscan. There's lots of things you can unlock with this software.

Keep us updated. Would love to see the progress with your new rig!

Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_6391
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_8873.JPG
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_8742.JPG
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_8781.JPG
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_8786.JPG
Ford F-150 What have people moded on their Iconic Silver (and any other)? IMG_8803.JPG

Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
Looks like we have the same truck as a template. I already posted this in another thread, but I will copy it here as well.

Here is what it looked like stock.

tempImageC3V0Nj.jpg

Sice picking it up a few weeks ago, I have done the following things;

OEM STX 20" Machine Faced Wheels
OEM Ford (Backflip Revolver) Tonneau Cover
OEM Ford Bed Mat
OEM Ford Bed Extender
35% Tint (Front Doors)
5% Windshield Tint Strip
Tailgate Letter Inserts - Gloss Black
LED License Plate Bulbs
J&L Oil Catch Can

Here's how she looks now with STX machine faced 20's

tempImageeQfgLZ.png

tempImagePctmzS.png

tempImageEfmVb1.png

tempImageQyXjwH.jpg

tempImage60THlR.png

I have the Ford Performance BAP grill & tailgate emblems to put on as well.

Last edited:

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Todays fun

Stupid simple install, but a huge piece of mind.

tempImageTRQfI5.jpg

I also installed the rear BAP emblem. I will be swapping to projector LED headlights soon, so I will do the front then, while everything is apart. It goes perfectly with my gloss black tailgate letters.

tempImage0ZG9QN.jpg

tempImage1huKQf.jpg

Another member (I cannot remember who) posted these cellphone mounts a while ago, so I swapped to it as well. I like the MagSafe option. It took 5 minutes to install and works great.

Also, this comes with a 12 volt power plug and USB-C cable because it also will charge your phone using the MagSafe connection if you so choose. I think I am more happy that they also make a holder for my 2020 GT500. Try as I may, I was never able to find a good phone mounting solution for that car.

https://coursemotorsports.com/collections/phone-mounts-1/ford

tempImageVJtj1C.jpg

tempImageU3J5Zo.jpg

tempImageGI4hyR.jpg

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Todays fun

Stupid simple install, but a huge piece of mind.

tempImageTRQfI5.jpg

I also installed the rear BAP emblem. I will be swapping to projector LED headlights soon, so I will do the front then, while everything is apart. It goes perfectly with my gloss black tailgate letters.

tempImage0ZG9QN.jpg

tempImage1huKQf.jpg

Another member (I cannot remember who) posted these cellphone mounts a while ago, so I swapped to it as well. I like the MagSafe option. It took 5 minutes to install and works great.

Also, this comes with a 12 volt power plug and USB-C cable because it also will charge your phone using the MagSafe connection if you so choose. I think I am more happy that they also make a holder for my 2020 GT500. Try as I may, I was never able to find a good phone mounting solution for that car.

https://coursemotorsports.com/collections/phone-mounts-1/ford

tempImageVJtj1C.jpg

tempImageU3J5Zo.jpg

tempImageGI4hyR.jpg

What is the first pic?
The super simple one?

OP
OP

HJAB

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Maintenance
Thanks all for the feed back!

I have just put a short antenna on, forgot to mention that. But I never thought of it being a good early warning system for parking garage’s….

Wheel well liners sounds like a good plan, just rear?

What gloss black letters/ decals are people buying, Ford OEM or is there a recommendation on aftermarket?

And thanks all for the pictures you have added!

Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Thanks all for the feed back!

I have just put a short antenna on, forgot to mention that. But I never thought of it being a good early warning system for parking garage’s….

Wheel well liners sounds like a good plan, just rear?

What gloss black letters/ decals are people buying, Ford OEM or is there a recommendation on aftermarket?

And thanks all for the pictures you have added!
Yes, you only need front liners, the front has soft liners already.

I went with gloss black vinyl https://www.ebay.com/itm/284701281851 because I do not like the 3D style. These lie flat in the cutout and make cleaning a breeze. The are Ford Authorized and turned out great for me.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Pardon my idiocy but what does that do?
No worries. This is a plug and play way to reduce the oil in the vapor that is pulled through the engine during combustion, and then returned into the intake manifold. Long story short, oil myst enters the intake of the engine, and over time can contaminate the valves and other things with oil. This over time can deteriorate the performance of an engine. The catch can is inline between the engine and intake, and can collect the majority of the oil, preventing it from reentering the engine.

I am not here to debate weather anyone needs one or not, I am just answering your question. There are threads here on the forum that can explain theory on the matter.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
HJAB, Nice looking truck. You're off to the races now. The fun thing is the sky's the limit with these rigs. The possibilities are endless.
Here's a couple photos of my rig. I do prefer mat black for the vinyl work, but again, maybe an accent like red would look good too. I'll be adding some different front and rear tow hooks and will probably go with red.

To summarize my rig:
6" lift
2" wheel spacers on Fuel wheels gives is a nice wide stance. 35" BFGs.
dual exhaust
auxiliary back up lights (tied into reverse circuit on trailer wiring. Works with zone lighting)
Performance intake
Race Chips tuner. Bluetooth enabled. +85 HP.
Rear wheel well liners, definitely helps with keeping mud in check.
Many other additions I wont bore you with.

If you have the drop down tailgate step, put the loop side of velcro tape on the bars. It'll stop that annoying rattle when you close the gate or drive down a bumpy road. I also have a post in this forum on how to quiet the blinker noise. Loudest I've ever heard.....

If you don't already, become familiar with FORscan. There's lots of things you can unlock with this software.

Keep us updated. Would love to see the progress with your new rig!

IMG_6391.jpg
IMG_8873.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG
IMG_8781.JPG
IMG_8786.JPG
IMG_8803.JPG
Nice tip about the velcro! These are all great additions to your ride!

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
No worries. This is a plug and play way to reduce the oil in the vapor that is pulled through the engine during combustion, and then returned into the intake manifold. Long story short, oil myst enters the intake of the engine, and over time can contaminate the valves and other things with oil. This over time can deteriorate the performance of an engine. The catch can is inline between the engine and intake, and can collect the majority of the oil, preventing it from reentering the engine.

I am not here to debate weather anyone needs one or not, I am just answering your question. There are threads here on the forum that can explain theory on the matter.
Thanks man! Never knew that!
Sponsored