Sponsored

What happened to all the excitement of the past few years for the 2.7 liter?

Streetmuziq

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Golf R
how did the 2.7 payload package feel? im unable to test drive it but I have my eye on that package.
When I test drove the vehicles at the time it was just 2.7 vs 3.5. There was no notable difference. Both super smooth I will let u know in two weeks I should receive my truck. Also from my physical research I have noticed there should only be a difference in ride quality if you add either the FX4 package or Max payload package. This is based on both vehicles being 4wd.
Sponsored

ScottyR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Realtor
Ford is keeping the 2.7 in the lineup and is pushing it quite hard to keep their fleet fuel average down. My buddy is an engineer in Dearborn and he says the 2.7 has the least amount of warranty issues of all the motors Ford offers in the F Series.

OP
OP
Braccia

Braccia

First Name
Lariat55
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat 502A
Ford is keeping the 2.7 in the lineup and is pushing it quite hard to keep their fleet fuel average down. My buddy is an engineer in Dearborn and he says the 2.7 has the least amount of warranty issues of all the motors Ford offers in the F Series.
Wow...thats good to know.

Thanks for that info. My only concern which has been brought forward over the years was the MpG for the 2.7 was overstated. I hope the 2021 is closer to what they are advertising. So far, feedback on this forum seems people are happy with MPG.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Have had my 2.7 for only 1000km but I LOVE this motor. Coming from a Canyon with a 3.6L which was supposedly a Corvette motor and was slow as heck this 2.7L is friggin amazing. I get so far 10.5-11L/100km on the dash computer so somewhere between 21 and 22mpg. This is not really much highway driving mostly country roads driving 50-55mph and some city driving. This is a short box crew cab 4x4. Slightly worse than my 2017 Genesis G70 sedan which was a 2L turbo and got about 9.5L/100km (25mpg) and about the same as or slightly better than the Canyon but with WAY better performance. Also better than my wifes Honda Odyssey minivan which is closer to 12L/100km (19.5mpg)

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
The 2nd gen 2.7 is definitely the best engine currently offered in the F150, in my opinion. It's a very well designed engine, built to last (if you maintain it well). This engine will be my choice when I order my F150.

Question: Has anyone who owns a 2nd gen 2.7 (2018+) have the leaky oil pan issue? A LOT of 1st gen 2.7 owners had leaky plastic oil pans and many of them have had their oil pan replaced 3+ times! However, I haven't been able to find any reports of this issue in the 2nd gen 2.7.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Braccia

Braccia

First Name
Lariat55
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat 502A
Anyone try building a 2.7 lariat lately? It wont let you order 4x4 with the 2.7 engine? It bumps you up automatically to the 5.0 litre.

Also heard today, the 1500 discount with the 2.7 is gone. Ford incentives are gone, lease rates are up. This is in Canada

OP
OP
Braccia

Braccia

First Name
Lariat55
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat 502A
Ok..i stand corrected. 6.5 box can't be ordered with 4x4 and 2.7 engine. Sorry for the confusion.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Ok..i stand corrected. 6.5 box can't be ordered with 4x4 and 2.7 engine. Sorry for the confusion.
Depends on the level of trim perhaps, or maybe its late in the model year? In any event, Mar28 i ordered an XLT with the 2.7, 4x4 with a 6.5’ box... order was fine and accepted for build in KC. Should mention i got 302A trim so its an “almost’ Lariat, (haha)...
I think it might be the former, late in the model year... i expect the are running low on parts, or are seeking to boost the most profitable builds.
If you are dead set on it, try another dealer.

ScottyR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Realtor
The $1500 2.7 rebate is gone for now. I just ordered a new one and got the $1500. I guess there is no point discounting them if you cant supply them??

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
The $1500 2.7 rebate is gone for now. I just ordered a new one and got the $1500. I guess there is no point discounting them if you cant supply them??
I've been following a "what are you paying" thread on a different F150 forum and it seems people are still able to get great deals on special orders, even with the semiconductor shortage. Apparently, Ford is now offering special order discounts to help dealers preserve their inventory and still sell some vehicles. Of course, you have to take what people say they're paying with a grain of salt, but it makes sense that Ford would do such a thing at a time like this.

Sponsored

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Depends on the level of trim perhaps, or maybe its late in the model year? In any event, Mar28 i ordered an XLT with the 2.7, 4x4 with a 6.5’ box... order was fine and accepted for build in KC. Should mention i got 302A trim so its an “almost’ Lariat, (haha)...
I think it might be the former, late in the model year... i expect the are running low on parts, or are seeking to boost the most profitable builds.
If you are dead set on it, try another dealer.
This must be a Canada thing because you definitely cannot get a Screw 6.5 box with the 2.7 in the US... Unless yours is a Scab, not a Screw.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
This must be a Canada thing because you definitely cannot get a Screw 6.5 box with the 2.7 in the US... Unless yours is a Scab, not a Screw.
Ahhh, I stand corrected! You are right, I ordered the Scab. That’s true, if you get the Scab, you can order a 6.5 bed, with the Screw I guess you are limited to the 5.5 box. I was never considering the Screw so yeah...

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I plan on purchasing a 2.7 4x2 Lariat with 3.55 locking diff. I will only be towing 5000 lb camper once a month. Max we usually go is 3 hours away. Went with the 2.7 for the mileage since I'm not towing most of the time. I know some people don't care for how quite it is, but I like quite cars... lol.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Ordered my lariat with the 2.7 after coming from a 18 XLT 3.5. Heaviest I tow is a uhaul trailer and plans for a small boat in the future. I might have had a loaner but can’t remember so basically blind ordered it. Did a ton of research and I have no doubts I’ll be happy. Only concern for now is how bad bigger tires will Jack up power and fuel economy.
Sponsored