Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
6EC1CD47-9AD3-43A7-A823-D930E0B2AD13.jpeg

DA was over 3000’. In the Fall we can see negative DAs
So your powerboost truck ran 13.86 @ 98.83 ????

That is extremely impressive!

but I gotta ask… what fuel were you using? LOL!!!!!!

87 or 93? Hahahaha I love this forum!
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
OK help me on this folks please.

If my truck actual (on Door plaque) GVWR is 7350 and I subtract my truck’s actual (in yellow) 1316 lbs payload, would that give me my truck’s actual weight (+ or - a few lbs).

Which would make my truck 6034 lbs with 0 payload/occupants.

The reason I’m asking, is because I would love to know how much scrming’s XLT Powerboost weighs running that 13.86.

Didn’t the last lightning run 13.5?

I think his powerboost can do a 13.5 in cooler weather ?

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea… that’s probably the best part, no freaking noisy ass generator. I love how the truck just sits there waiting for me to turn on the microwave.???? This truck was made for the RV enthusiast.
I full-time in an RV for about the last 6 years. I even invested in a big heavy quiet but expensive Yamaha generator and as much utility as it affords, it's just so heavy and just one more thing to maintain and carry around. So you got that right! I was already a happy Ecobooster so I was pinching myself when I first read that of all the trucks on the market, it was my beloved Ecoboost that got the 7.2KW generator?

I'm as happy as a.......

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
OK help me on this folks please.

If my truck actual (on Door plaque) GVWR is 7350 and I subtract my truck’s actual (in yellow) 1316 lbs payload, would that give me my truck’s actual weight (+ or - a few lbs).

Which would make my truck 6034 lbs with 0 payload/occupants.
That's exactly right. Of course that only applies to the truck at the moment it got to the end of the assembly line. If you put a pair of gloves in the glovebox, they weren't included.

However, there are some who have reported that the door jamb Cargo Capacity includes a full tank of fuel. Some say it also includes a driver weighing 175 lbs. Some defend this conclusion going to the scales with their truck and then using the door jamb stickers to show the math.

I don't know what the absolute truth is.
I never needed to know so badly to go to the scales myself

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
That's exactly right. Of course that only applies to the truck at the moment it got to the end of the assembly line. If you put a pair of gloves in the glovebox, they weren't included.

However, there are some who have reported that the door jamb Cargo Capacity includes a full tank of fuel. Some say it also includes a driver weighing 175 lbs. Some defend this conclusion going to the scales with their truck and then using the door jamb stickers to show the math.

By that calculation we can compare 2 trucks to see the difference in weight.

@scrming what is your truck’s GVWR and Payload on the 2 plaques on the driver door opening?

Your truck really is screaming @ 13.86

I know mine isn’t going to be that fast

Sponsored

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5

The yellow payload sticker includes a full fuel tank, and nothing else.

The (if you can find it somewhere) maximum tow rating includes a 150 lb driver, full tank of fuel, and nothing else (and a usually-too-low 10% tongue weight)

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
I try to fill up as infrequently as possible and pick the lowest price in the next 10-50 miles to drop as close to 30 gallons in (30 times ten cents isn't worth crossing the street, but 30 times $1 is worth timing the next stop.)
Big picture, round figures, 20,000 miles per year at 20mpg is 1000 multiplied by whatever price per gallon. If I can "save" $1000 in a year without any more time than it takes to choose the lowest price station, I'm prepared to "invest" some of that in paying 20 to 40 cents more ($200-400 a year) for the better juice.
I would submit that you need to reconsider your strategy. Back in 1977, I had a new GMC half ton truck that had two tanks, a left, right and a switch between the two. I would use up one tank, switch to the other, and refill the empty tank when appropriate. ( apologize for the GMC truck, I loved it except that it went down the highway in a "crab-steer" effect, the 2 rear wheels running to the right of the 2 front tires. The dealer claimed inability to fix it so that's the way it was for 4 years. It was purchased new.).

When you run your tanks to almost zero, what do you do if during the night you have to run a family member to a hospital? If there is a hurricane, refinery fire, winter freeze knocking out the power grid, or many other examples causing lines to refill? It isn't safe to run your truck close to zero on a regular basis.

Plus, rather than getting to almost zero and then shopping for fuel, pay attention to whether fuel prices are trending up or down. If it is dirt cheap, keep the truck full in anticipation of higher prices. If it is high, then keep safely low to wait for a drop.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I would submit that you need to reconsider your strategy. Back in 1977, I had a new GMC half ton truck that had two tanks, a left, right and a switch between the two. I would use up one tank, switch to the other, and refill the empty tank when appropriate. ( apologize for the GMC truck, I loved it except that it went down the highway in a "crab-steer" effect, the 2 rear wheels running to the right of the 2 front tires. The dealer claimed inability to fix it so that's the way it was for 4 years. It was purchased new.).

When you run your tanks to almost zero, what do you do if during the night you have to run a family member to a hospital? If there is a hurricane, refinery fire, winter freeze knocking out the power grid, or many other examples causing lines to refill? It isn't safe to run your truck close to zero on a regular basis.

Plus, rather than getting to almost zero and then shopping for fuel, pay attention to whether fuel prices are trending up or down. If it is dirt cheap, keep the truck full in anticipation of higher prices. If it is high, then keep safely low to wait for a drop.
All valid, though we have other cars, but I was thinking mostly of distance driving.
Anyway, gas prices don't trend – they're up nearly 50% in the last year … so the only "trend" strategy is to buy sooner rather than later (and of course avoid the gouging around national holidays.)
Also, I do think about disaster preparedness (mostly wildfires and pandemics … not too many hurricanes around Silicon Valley.)

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
All valid, though we have other cars, but I was thinking mostly of distance driving.
Anyway, gas prices don't trend – they're up nearly 50% in the last year … so the only "trend" strategy is to buy sooner rather than later (and of course avoid the gouging around national holidays.)
Also, I do think about disaster preparedness (mostly wildfires and pandemics … not too many hurricanes around Silicon Valley.)
Here in the midwest, our prices bounce around constantly. Gas wars that move from town to town. Not a bit unusual to have 6-10 cents/gal difference in the same town. sometimes 15-20 cents moving from town to (50 mile away) town. The price wars are usually transitory though they can last for several weeks at a time.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Here in the midwest, our prices bounce around constantly. Gas wars that move from town to town. Not a bit unusual to have 6-10 cents/gal difference in the same town. sometimes 15-20 cents moving from town to (50 mile away) town. The price wars are usually transitory though they can last for several weeks at a time.
Agreed. The gasbuddy "heat map" shows just insane price discrepancies … if only we had some authority to govern the price manipulation and protect the consumer from ripoffs …
But around here, there are no price wars, just which station operator can gouge the most.
Here's one stretch of a city street … 3 miles from $4.09 (CostCo) to $4.19 (cash price) to $4.83 … part of the problem being consumers around here are affluent and just don't know the value of a dollar, so the opportunistic gas station franchise operators keep cranking up the prices.
Ford F-150 What grade fuel for PowerBoost? 1629083809798

The problem with Costco here is the lines can be 10 cars in each of 6 lanes or worse if there's a shortage scare or a long weekend.
I was curious about actual national gas prices, so I checked. 2012 was the high. 2021 is "not so bad" … still, crazy that prices have gone up 50% in a year … that's tough on low-income workers … and last year crude oil futures were trading negative value (you literally had to pay someone to take it away …)
Ford F-150 What grade fuel for PowerBoost? 1629084209645

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Agreed. The gasbuddy "heat map" shows just insane price discrepancies … if only we had some authority to govern the price manipulation and protect the consumer from ripoffs …
But around here, there are no price wars, just which station operator can gouge the most.
Here's one stretch of a city street … 3 miles from $4.09 (CostCo) to $4.19 (cash price) to $4.83 … part of the problem being consumers around here are affluent and just don't know the value of a dollar, so the opportunistic gas station franchise operators keep cranking up the prices.
1629083809798.png

The problem with Costco here is the lines can be 10 cars in each of 6 lanes or worse if there's a shortage scare or a long weekend.
I was curious about actual national gas prices, so I checked. 2012 was the high. 2021 is "not so bad" … still, crazy that prices have gone up 50% in a year … that's tough on low-income workers … and last year crude oil futures were trading negative value (you literally had to pay someone to take it away …)
1629084209645.png
I live near you. It is crazy. Everything is crazy here. Some genius decided CA needs its own blend of gas, so the oil companies use that as an excuse to inflate prices dramatically.

Harlemox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB Platinum
I live near you. It is crazy. Everything is crazy here. Some genius decided CA needs its own blend of gas, so the oil companies use that as an excuse to inflate prices dramatically.
It's also the ridiculous amount of tax added to every gallon of gas sold.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
It's also the ridiculous amount of tax added to every gallon of gas sold.
Surprisingly, while California has a high dollar amount in terms of pump prices (San Francisco is often the highest average price in the country) the USA has very low taxes and relatively low pump prices compared globally.

tl;dr sidenote: The problem being, the average income in the US hasn't increased since the 90's and wage stagnation really means low income workers haven't increased their buying power since the 80's while the real world cost of living (not the meaningless CPI) has increased steadily (food, utilities, energy) or skyrocketed (home prices, rent, health care, education) causing the so-called "divide" to widen dramatically between average income and the upper 1% of income (setting aside the ultra-wealthy who really don't work, they just hold assets and avoid taxes.)​

Ford F-150 What grade fuel for PowerBoost? 1629123882797

https://taxfoundation.org/state-gas-tax-rates-2021/
While average pump prices in California are double (round figures) most other states, even if you halve the 66.98¢ it's still above average. Californians also drive a lot and get low mpg (sitting in freeway traffic) meaning the California government is profiting from its woefully outdated and overcrowded roads and unregulated pump prices. I think you could call that government sanctioned racketeering.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Surprisingly, while California has a high dollar amount in terms of pump prices (San Francisco is often the highest average price in the country) the USA has very low taxes and relatively low pump prices compared globally.

tl;dr sidenote: The problem being, the average income in the US hasn't increased since the 90's and wage stagnation really means low income workers haven't increased their buying power since the 80's while the real world cost of living (not the meaningless CPI) has increased steadily (food, utilities, energy) or skyrocketed (home prices, rent, health care, education) causing the so-called "divide" to widen dramatically between average income and the upper 1% of income (setting aside the ultra-wealthy who really don't work, they just hold assets and avoid taxes.)​

1629123882797.png

https://taxfoundation.org/state-gas-tax-rates-2021/
While average pump prices in California are double (round figures) most other states, even if you halve the 66.98¢ it's still above average. Californians also drive a lot and get low mpg (sitting in freeway traffic) meaning the California government is profiting from its woefully outdated and overcrowded roads and unregulated pump prices. I think you could call that government sanctioned racketeering.
Good post, people hate to think they are underpaid, it's a lot easier to say people are overpaid
Sponsored