What does Transit Date mean?

Goldwing Guy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The tracker has updated and the transit date says 10. It also says awaiting shipping, anyone know what this transit date means? I hope not the 10 month.
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Congrats on the update! Which plant, blend date and production date?

What would make sense is that it is the day of month the truck was released to transit and the 10th was yesterday. I haven’t heard of anyone getting this populated months in advance like the eta date does so I really don’t think it means October. Probably does not mean shipped yet but perhaps now officially waiting to be shipped?

Last edited:

Dumore

First Name
Du
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 EB
My transit date was 09. The tracker says it was built on 07/01. It is now "waiting shipment" from KC at the "Wade lot", where ever that is. We have seen transit dates from 01 to 33 (!) so they don't really make any sense. The 9th has past with no updates to "shipped"

Going to Canada, you will most likely shipped by rail. Get a screenshot of your visibilty report from your dealer to get the rail car number and you should be able to track it's journey cross country by that.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Ok, I will go out on a limb here and trust my dealer, Transit Date is the approximate number of days from shipment to delivery. At least on my first build that was the case. It was shipped on 6/10 had a Transit Date of 14 and an ETA of 6/24 (14 day window). See if that comes close to your situation. What was your shipped date? What is ETA? Does the Transit Date come close to the difference?

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Ok, I will go out on a limb here and trust my dealer, Transit Date is the approximate number of days from shipment to delivery. At least on my first build that was the case. It was shipped on 6/10 had a Transit Date of 14 and an ETA of 6/24 (14 day window). See if that comes close to your situation. What was your shipped date? What is ETA? Does the Transit Date come close to the difference?
This is correct, the average time it takes to get to you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goldwing Guy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No ship date and no eta so it’s anyone’s guess what any of this means.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
No ship date and no eta so it’s anyone’s guess what any of this means.
As I said before it is just an estimated shipping time. For me it says 16 days on the mach-e transit date as well as 16 days on the attached for tracker. It it doesn't matter the date the truck ships, it is saying it estimates 16 days from the ship date. The number is that number even if it ships on the 5th, 5th, or 25th of the month. The transit day will be the same. Think of it as a counter not a day of the month. My Mach-E was 40, there is no 40th in the Julean calendar.

Ford F-150 What does Transit Date mean? Screenshot_20210711-193502_Samsung Internet
Sponsored