First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I'm not sure, but I thought someone on here, a while back mentioned something about the trucks rake. Because I don't want to raise my front end to level it. I just want to lower the rear, maybe 2 or 3 in. to make my 305/35 24 rims and tires look a little better.
Please school this old rookie?
Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I have not done it but there are blocks integrated somehow with the leaf springs that you should be able to remove and lower your rig. Not sure if you will get a full 3” though

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
To answer the rake question specifically, the rake is the difference in height between the rear gap and front gap on your truck. So if your fender is 36 inches from the ground in the front and the rear fender is 40 inches from the ground, you have a rake of 4 inches. The Tremors are notorious for having a ridiculous rake. They look like drag cars ready to squat.

Here is mine. Granted the nose is parked on a slight downhill, but you can see the huge gap in the rear as opposed to the front.
Ford F-150 What does rake mean? IMG20221009141248

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
I would like to see a truck with two or three tons of load on it. Does it sit level then? If it still had a high amount of rack at close to full capacity, then I could see doing this. Maybe I'm just an oddball that actually loads up his truck on occasion. I'm coming from the Super Duty world, perhaps that changes my viewpoint for what a truck is. Or I'm just old ... πŸ‘΄ and get off my lawn!

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would like to see a truck with two or three tons of load on it. Does it sit level then? If it still had a high amount of rack at close to full capacity, then I could see doing this. Maybe I'm just an oddball that actually loads up his truck on occasion. I'm coming from the Super Duty world, perhaps that changes my viewpoint for what a truck is. Or I'm just old ... πŸ‘΄ and get off my lawn!
Here is mine at MAX payload of 2000 lb. Sat and handled perfect.

Ford F-150 What does rake mean? 1670419078483

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
Here is mine at MAX payload of 2000 lb. Sat and handled perfect.

1670419078483.png
Have you leveled yours, or is this stock? And that is one good lookin' truck! By the way, if you have any sod left over, you can drop it off at my yard ... :D

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I would not recommend 2 or 3 tons in your 1/2 ton truck. My truck had about 3.25 inches rake after giving it a few thousand miles to settle. I pulled out the rear blocks which took it down to just over 2 inches of rake.

This picture is with about 1100 lbs and a full 35 gallons of fuel. That takes it close to level. With a few adults I'd be level and at the payload limit. If I thought I'd regularly load it even more I'd have left the blocks in.

I use my truck for what I need it for. If I take up junk hauling or pig farming I will get an F250.
Ford F-150 What does rake mean? 20220624_173733

Reactions: 780

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
I would not recommend 2 or 3 tons in your 1/2 ton truck. My truck had about 3.25 inches rake after giving it a few thousand miles to settle. I pulled out the rear blocks which took it down to just over 2 inches of rake.

This picture is with about 1100 lbs and a full 35 gallons of fuel. That takes it close to level. With a few adults I'd be level and at the payload limit. If I thought I'd regularly load it even more I'd have left the blocks in.

I use my truck for what I need it for. If I take up junk hauling or pig farming I will get an F250.
20220624_173733.jpg
I was just pulling a number out of the air. I'm guessing that all these folks setting their trucks to dead-level empty don't actually do much hauling. I'm moving down from a Super Duty due to the height of the truck. The DW was having a lot of trouble climbing up into the truck. Last thing I need to do is start raising my new one! Additionally I will really enjoy the better mileage!

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I was just pulling a number out of the air. I'm guessing that all these folks setting their trucks to dead-level empty don't actually do much hauling. I'm moving down from a Super Duty due to the height of the truck. The DW was having a lot of trouble climbing up into the truck. Last thing I need to do is start raising my new one! Additionally I will really enjoy the better mileage!
The whole leveling trend baffles me as well for that very reason but to each his/her own.

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you leveled yours, or is this stock? And that is one good lookin' truck! By the way, if you have any sod left over, you can drop it off at my yard ... :D
Thanks!

Crows did a number digging for grubs so it all went (about 400 sq ft)!

That is bone stock with no level or drop, it was almost perfectly level at full payload so i will not be modifying.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
To answer the rake question specifically, the rake is the difference in height between the rear gap and front gap on your truck. So if your fender is 36 inches from the ground in the front and the rear fender is 40 inches from the ground, you have a rake of 4 inches. The Tremors are notorious for having a ridiculous rake. They look like drag cars ready to squat.

Here is mine. Granted the nose is parked on a slight downhill, but you can see the huge gap in the rear as opposed to the front.
IMG20221009141248.jpg
Thanks Big Cam

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
Thanks!

Crows did a number digging for grubs so it all went (about 400 sq ft)!

That is bone stock with no level or drop, it was almost perfectly level at full payload so i will not be modifying.
Smart man you are!

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
" That is bone stock with no level or drop, it was almost perfectly level at full payload so i will not be modifying. "
That validates my suspicion that Ford has properly designed the suspension of this truck. Knowing that, and assuming that you know that you are going to use it as a truck (carrying heavy stuff on occasion), one would not go lowering the rear or raising the front. I call that smart!
Sponsored