Sponsored

What do you use to wash your truck at home?

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I almost forgot about that. Time to head to Home Depot. Thanks for the reminder.
Be forewarned -
Those 60v batteries are crazy expensive and hard to find in stores (around me, anyway, up in MA).
Sponsored

OP
OP
bleedgreen4133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Be forewarned -
Those 60v batteries are crazy expensive and hard to find in stores (around me, anyway, up in MA).
Thanks for the advice. I almost pulled the trigger on 20v leaf blower yesterday. Time to research and watch Pan the Organizer to see what he suggests. Lol

Rkh51

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
It’s gonna take some time because it’s big. Mine is ceramic coated so it washes easier. My method:
- Wash wheels with Griots green wheel cleaner and wool small hand mit. Use brush on white lettering, or Mr. Clean
- Wash truck top to bottom using Griots microfiber hand mit and their wash, single bucket. Never rub hard.
- Open hood to let water run off. Dry using Griots microfiber drying towels. Two passes, two towels. Inspect all towels for debris before using.
- Use a third dedicated towel to dry door jambs, wheel wells, wheels, inside hood and tailgate.
- Empty and shake out floor mats, wipe down interior and glass, treat tires and exterior plastic every other time
- No treatment of any type on interior
- Use a stool or stand inside doors to get high parts. It’s a pain

Takes 45-60m start to finish. About 10m more than my cars.
I have used Brillo steal pads on white lettering before the best I could find to do it takes some time but the white pops just a suggestion.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I used a foam cannon (do by by hand) and products from Chemical Guys. A lot of their products are also found in the automotive section of Walmart. Never had issues and my trurk paint is glassy smooth - with a great wet type shine. 100% comfortable using their products.
This. Use all their products including foam cannon. Vacuum and wheels first, followed by foam cannon and hand wash. Interior and wet tires are last things I do.

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Thanks for the advice. I almost pulled the trigger on 20v leaf blower yesterday. Time to research and watch Pan the Organizer to see what he suggests. Lol
20v "will do", but tossing the 60v battery on there makes it last way longer and despite Dewalt's claim that it shouldn't, it also seems to blow stronger with the 60v.
I get about 7 minutes with the 5ah 20v, the 5ah 60v gives me almost 20 minutes.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I used a foam cannon (do by by hand) and products from Chemical Guys. A lot of their products are also found in the automotive section of Walmart. Never had issues with affecting my paint It ends up glassy smooth - with a great wet type shine. 100% comfortable using their products.

Just got the proper equipment to use a foam cannon for the first time last week. I was impressed. I know it’s not the sole purpose, but it was kinda fun too!

First time ever using this wash technique on a vehicle:
Ford F-150 What do you use to wash your truck at home? 52AF33CD-74AB-4158-83B5-5A5D1E7D44E5

Ford F-150 What do you use to wash your truck at home? 94A716FD-FCF5-41B6-8535-74F70550013B

The finished product after using Chemical Guys Honeydew soap mixed with hot water in the cannon, my 3M Performance Finish wax on the front, hood and roof, Chemical Guys Banana wax for the rest of the paint, and 303 Aerospace protectant for the trim.
Ford F-150 What do you use to wash your truck at home? 0203AC7A-36EE-413E-BEC4-CDB9033CBFFE

LenisHvin

First Name
Lenis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
driver
If you want to wash your car well, then it is best to use the steamer for car detailing. This is the most efficient cleaning. They clean everything in detail and do not harm the paint of the car

Last edited:

SopfCA

First Name
Sophius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I wash my car once a week. Usually I just the body. But, recently I purchased this vacuum https://menacetopests.com/dust-mite-vacuum/#product5, because I have an unspecified allergy and my doctor suggested that it could be dust miles. I vacuum all furniture in my house and car setts once or twice a week. And guess what. I don't have allergies anymore.

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Thanks for the tip on the Chemical Guys. Their stuff looks great! Any suggestions for cleaning the panels on the doors? I have a 2022 Platinum BAP. I've already got a few marks on the glove box from kids bringing their backpacks and sports bags in the truck. Any tips for getting that clean?

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
I'm making a purchase on the chemical guys website today and noticed they do a $10 for referring a friend. If someone shoots me a referral code via DM I'll use it and you can get $10 for use on their site.
Sponsored