Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Something I love on mine is the Autohold for the brakes. Unfortunately, I have decided not to use it as I'm in my work truck (2020 Ram 2500) more than my personal truck and don't want to introduce myself to a potential problem in my work truck by being used to having the Autohold on.

Maybe one day I can utilize it more, but for now, it's the forbidden fruit.
I like it too. But when parking. If you stop short while pulling in. You have to tap excelerator to move forward and your already close to wall or car in front of you.
Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I like it too. But when parking. If you stop short while pulling in. You have to tap excelerator to move forward and your already close to wall or car in front of you.
Yep, wish it didn't engage if you are going under 5MPH when you initially hit the brakes or something like that. Either that or a temporary disable button for auto hold. I had to turn it off because I came within inches of crashing into the work bench in my garage when I tapped the accelerator.

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Yep, wish it didn't engage if you are going under 5MPH when you initially hit the brakes or something like that. Either that or a temporary disable button for auto hold. I had to turn it off because I came within inches of crashing into the work bench in my garage when I tapped the accelerator.
If you’re pulling into your garage/carport, try unbuckling your seatbelt to turn off auto hold.

Ford F-150 What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150? 17738460-CC14-4A52-8290-185587C054F9

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
I just learned after having the truck for 4 weeks now, my XLT 302 High package has a cool feature. At night when you turn the steering wheel left or right, the fog light come on in the direction of turn to illuminate the ground while turning. The fog light also comes on at night when at less the 5MPH with blinker on in the direction of travel. I did not realize this until I was backing into my driveway and I kept see a flashing of light on the ground. I had my wife go to the front to see what it was. Something so simple is sooooooo exciting when you learn something new.
I too found this out one night when I pulled into my garage one night. Pretty cool feature. Another 5h

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
I just learned after having the truck for 4 weeks now, my XLT 302 High package has a cool feature. At night when you turn the steering wheel left or right, the fog light come on in the direction of turn to illuminate the ground while turning. The fog light also comes on at night when at less the 5MPH with blinker on in the direction of travel. I did not realize this until I was backing into my driveway and I kept see a flashing of light on the ground. I had my wife go to the front to see what it was. Something so simple is sooooooo exciting when you learn something new.
I too found this out one night when I pulled into my garage. Pretty cool feature. Another thing I didn't know I had on my 501A is rain sensing wipers. I thought it was just on the 502A and above. Come to find out I guess its part of the Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package.

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I love the fact that when pulling into the garage and getting close to the wall, the front camera turns on. Not a biggie for me as I have no problems with how close i get to the wall. But its awesome for my wife. Had a alot of close calls with our last truck [ 15 lariat ] when she was pulling in to the garage, lol

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Like many others have said, the smoothness and quietness of the ride was what impressed me the most. Huge difference from my 2015 and very much welcomed.

The 360 Cameras and Co-Pilot Assist are tied for a close 2nd as well, both extremely helpful and useful.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I too found this out one night when I pulled into my garage. Pretty cool feature. Another thing I didn't know I had on my 501A is rain sensing wipers. I thought it was just on the 502A and above. Come to find out I guess its part of the Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package.

Those wipers are definitely cool. They adjust their wiping speed automatically depending on how hard it's raining. Magic.

I ordered the locking under seat storage compartment after a lot of hemming and hawing, I didn't think I'd need it much, but now I use it all the time. I leave the main passenger seat up because no one ever sits there and the plastic compartment is a perfect size for full grocery bags and they don't fall over and dump the contents. If anyone is wondering about the value of it, it's worth it.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I too found this out one night when I pulled into my garage one night. Pretty cool feature. Another 5h
I noticed this to on a dark road one night. It is exciting and cool!

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Those wipers are definitely cool. They adjust their wiping speed automatically depending on how hard it's raining. Magic.

I ordered the locking under seat storage compartment after a lot of hemming and hawing, I didn't think I'd need it much, but now I use it all the time. I leave the main passenger seat up because no one ever sits there and the plastic compartment is a perfect size for full grocery bags and they don't fall over and dump the contents. If anyone is wondering about the value of it, it's worth it.
I agree!!!

Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I love the fact that when pulling into the garage and getting close to the wall, the front camera turns on. Not a biggie for me as I have no problems with how close i get to the wall. But its awesome for my wife. Had a alot of close calls with our last truck [ 15 lariat ] when she was pulling in to the garage, lol
This is very cool!. Do not ever use the breaking hold if pulling into a garage.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
If you’re pulling into your garage/carport, try unbuckling your seatbelt to turn off auto hold.

17738460-CC14-4A52-8290-185587C054F9.jpeg
Wow! Thank you for this. I like it but turned it off because of trying to park. This changes that with the seatbelt. Thank you!

Cessnadog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ok, hang with me here for a second.

A modern bee hive is made up of several boxes stacked on each other. The colony “Lives” in the two lowest and biggest boxes (commonly called “deeps”) that are about 10 inches tall, Honey gets stored in medium boxes, 8 inches tall and often called “honey supers” because they are on top.

It turns out, that three honey supers plus a 1/2 inch sheet of plywood are the perfect height in the bed of a F150 with a bedrug and BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover.
It perfectly closes and just touches the top of the boxes so they can’t tip over. They won’t slide due to the softness of the Bedrug.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I discovered this this past weekend. I was trying out the auto break hold. It keeps the breaks on when ever you come to a complete stop. If you have this on and open the door the shifter does not automatically shift to park.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I’m blown away by the addition of the low windshield washer fluid warning light. I had just come to accept that Ford would never add one.
Sponsored