Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Agree on so many of the above points, the one surprise I happened upon is the ability to “one touch close” the sunroof and the sunshade as opposed to the previous truck where you had to wait until the sunroof was closed before you could initiate the shade
OOOh, haven't found or seen this yet. Do explain...
Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
In the previous trucks I had to wait until the
lol, can’t explain it any deeper, now I press the shade close button and the sunroof closes followed by the sunshade, the opposite of what the opening sequence has always been, if you hit the open sunroof/vent button with the shade closed, the shade opens first then the sunroof

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Tells you how many times I've had mine open.

jvbronco

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
2021 5.0 XLT here. Honestly, the gas mileage. I'm easily getting 20+MPG on the highway (21-23 range). Came from a 2017 Silverado 6.2. That was a bit of a dog on mileage - getting 18MPG was a miracle.

Spent a week driving around Yellowstone (45-55 MPH), about 600 miles. Had over 26MPG for that. Super impressed with the power:gas mileage ratio (not a huge difference in power from the larger 6.2 I came from)

Mxp0w3r25

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Agree on so many of the above points, the one surprise I happened upon is the ability to “one touch close” the sunroof and the sunshade as opposed to the previous truck where you had to wait until the sunroof was closed before you could initiate the shade
I will have to keep note of that when mine comes in.

Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I just learned after having the truck for 4 weeks now, my XLT 302 High package has a cool feature. At night when you turn the steering wheel left or right, the fog light come on in the direction of turn to illuminate the ground while turning. The fog light also comes on at night when at less the 5MPH with blinker on in the direction of travel. I did not realize this until I was backing into my driveway and I kept see a flashing of light on the ground. I had my wife go to the front to see what it was. Something so simple is sooooooo exciting when you learn something new.

GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
I love the Eco-Coach on the speedometer. I have a lead foot and am doing my best to stay above 16 MPG!

The coach helps guide me when I accelerate. IT works!

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Very happy to hear this!

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I have a fairly basic XLT 302A, but I am still impressed with how well it drives and feels. I've owned several European sports sedans in the past, and while I am not going to take corners at speed in a truck I'd still argue in a normal highway setting the F150 is more comfortable to drive. Especially long distances.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I have a fairly basic XLT 302A, but I am still impressed with how well it drives and feels. I've owned several European sports sedans in the past, and while I am not going to take corners at speed in a truck I'd still argue in a normal highway setting the F150 is more comfortable to drive. Especially long distances.
Agree on this. I have the 302A as well. My last several vehicles all had leather seats while the truck has cloth. To my surprise, I really find cloth to be more comfy than leather overall. The surface of the seats never gets too cold or too hot, and there's no slide. Leather still looks better to my eye though.

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Agree on this. I have the 302A as well. My last several vehicles all had leather seats while the truck has cloth. To my surprise, I really find cloth to be more comfy than leather overall. The surface of the seats never gets too cold or too hot, and there's no slide. Leather still looks better to my eye though.
Likewise on my 302a. I had leather on my previous Mazda cx5 and much prefer the cloth. And 302a is hardly basic!

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
forgive the potentially stupid question as I just bought my F150 Lariat. is Blue Cruise an update that will come out over air? or something that will be paid for?
When is Blue Cruise coming out? It’s $600 for 3 years. Still waiting for it to be released.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I love the fact that I'm finally in a place in my life that I can "order" a truck with exactly what I want.

I did NOT "expect" that I might be DEAD before they ever build it!

Ordered 3/20
Scheduled build 6/7
Rescheduled build 7/12
Rescheduled build 8/6
Rescheduled build 8/14
Rescheduled build 8/21
Rescheduled build 9/9
Rescheduled build...
RIP.jpg
Me too. I’m happy I can finality afford it!!!

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
The cloth on the XLT's is definitely a higher quality than most other manufacturers. The only other cloth I can compare it to is the type used in pilot seats of general aviation planes (Cessna, Piper, etc). It also wipes down easy, seems like they put some sort of stain resistant coating on it from the factory.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Something I love on mine is the Autohold for the brakes. Unfortunately, I have decided not to use it as I'm in my work truck (2020 Ram 2500) more than my personal truck and don't want to introduce myself to a potential problem in my work truck by being used to having the Autohold on.

Maybe one day I can utilize it more, but for now, it's the forbidden fruit.
Sponsored