Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Yep, turning radius on this behemoth (Supercrew w/ 6' 7" bed) truly sucks. There's no way to park this thing in a store parking lot without lotsa back and forth.
As much as I like this new Ford, I kinda miss my '94 GMC w/5 speed manual.
mine is a SuperCab with 8’, just a few inches longer than yours.
don’t even bother with looking for parking, just park far away from everything.
back into parking at work and home.

my 98 chev k1500, 5.7/5spd ain’t going nowhere. Love this truck despite the financial trauma of taking care of a single $10.00 part.
(pilot bearing failure—nobody touching it without complete clutch job)
all clutch related stuff replaced about 25,000 mi ago.

This happened within a couple of days of a transmission failure of her Trailblazer.
She ended up with a much newer Explore, and the Trailblazer has now been demoted to backup duty (after transmission rebuild)

and my backup (98 k1500) is once again ready to serve when the F150 has to go in for warrantee work..
Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I’m a knob and switch kind of guy but I‘m starting to love the touchscreen functionality in the 12” screen.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
The trailer lights test routine, especially using FordPass on the phone to run it.

I did NOT expect this gem of a feature but it's truly fantastic for we solo RV / trailer-towing travelers.

(y) (y) (y) from me for this very pleasant surprise, I do indeed LOVE it.

Last edited:

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer

13k miles driven and I just realized the truck had this feature. I had the front camera on and hit the wiper wash and saw a little arm pop out. Had to recruit my lovely wife to record the video for me.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
..... Had to recruit my lovely wife to record the video for me.
I'd never seen it in action, thanks to your 'lovely wife' for the video! (y) :)

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
A voice command system for Nav and other features vastly superior to my wife's Acura or my 2016 Challenger. So nice that It actually understands conversational English and does not make me scream one word at a time like I'm arguing with a stubborn child about going to bed or something.

Also ended up with a rear E locker which as I understand it is standard on powerboosts, but missed my chance to try it this Winter.

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
There are quite a few features I love (Full Screen Apple Carplay, massaging seats, 6.5' bed, 3.0L PS (diesel), remote start via app, etc.) but I think the feature that impressed me the most is the BlueCruise.

It is quite impressive considering how well it handles, drives, recognizing other cars, etc. Definitely giving Tesla a run for its money - even though it doesn't recognize stop lights, stops at lights/stop signs, lane switching, not available for city roads, etc. But I bet that's all in the works!

I was not expecting it to be this good right off the bat from Ford. Use it every time I jump on the highway.

So far, one of the best F150 trucks I own - without a doubt.

-DK

Ford F-150 What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150? IMG_5098

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
There are quite a few features I love (Full Screen Apple Carplay, massaging seats, 6.5' bed, 3.0L PS (diesel), remote start via app, etc.) but I think the feature that impressed me the most is the BlueCruise.

It is quite impressive considering how well it handles, drives, recognizing other cars, etc. Definitely giving Tesla a run for its money - even though it doesn't recognize stop lights, stops at lights/stop signs, lane switching, not available for city roads, etc. But I bet that's all in the works!

I was not expecting it to be this good right off the bat from Ford. Use it every time I jump on the highway.

So far, one of the best F150 trucks I own - without a doubt.

-DK

IMG_5098.jpg
Massaging seats is a pleasant surprise... You could drive all day, no problem.

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Massaging seats is a pleasant surprise... You could drive all day, no problem.
Absolutely, definitely one of my favorite features. Massaging Seats + BlueCruise = Piece of cake for long drives. Back hurting? Just turn the seat heat on while getting a massage - can't beat that.

-DK

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
Absolutely, definitely one of my favorite features. Massaging Seats + BlueCruise = Piece of cake for long drives. Back hurting? Just turn the seat heat on while getting a massage - can't beat that.

-DK
Sounds like a dream, honestly might catch me in the garage getting a back massage for fun.

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Sounds like a dream, honestly might catch me in the garage getting a back massage for fun.
Hahaha - there's no shame in doing that!

-DK

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Ford a vehicle so large (ok in comparison to anything I've owned before) its amazingly agile and surefooted. I love the power rear window. Love the 360 cameras. Use them every time when parking. Love the silky smooth 5.0 V8. Its idle speed when warm of 500 is amazing. Smooth power delivery, so you can drive like a limo, but the Coyote is ready to roar at a moment's notice. Stability of the platform when towing.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Love:
Glare free headlights.
4A

Hate:
Auto climate control.
Sound system always comes on automatically and doesn't remember that I turned it off.
Wireless charging pad.