Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Did not expect to have to wait this long, but love the exercise in patience waiting for my truck to be built/shipped. Thanks Ford!
Sponsored

rb304

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL FX4
I had a friend who ripped the carpet out of his Toyota and runs lined the floor boards. He hosed it out after a weekend of mudding. If any of you do that with your 50 grand plus truck please share the pictures!

Which part? Mud, or hose out the cab? lol!

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
Lariat mid level. Love the smooth, quiet ride, the power, torque and fuel economy from the 2.7, and the power tail gate. The interior fit and finish are incredible and boy are those heated leather seats nice!

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
This might be a dumb one to anyone who has owned trucks before, but being my first truck, the interior ROOM. Not just leg room, but shoulder/lateral room is great. Don’t feel claustrophobic at all especially even when a passenger is in here.

Other than that, I hadn’t researched the transfer case differences very well, I’m very happily surprised with how well the 4A AWD works. I did expect to miss the speed/acceleration of my previous car but the Powerboost fills the gap pretty well I don’t find myself missing any power. And the 8 speaker B&O is fine, despite many people complaining. It’s not amazing, but it’s perfectly fine and has enough volume with enough clarity that it can handle windows down. My previous car had a 15 speaker Lexicon system with 2 woofers…it was definitely better but I don’t miss it so I’m happily surprised about that too.

9800 miles in and still absolutely loving this truck looking for reasons to drive it. So comfortable to be a ~gasp~ daily driver
I'm approaching 9k on mine and still loving it, I find it more comfortable to drive than the wife's mini-van that we normally take on trips, especially with the lane centering, I'm less tired after interstate driving.

On the B&O, I had an audiophile friend suggest listening to some Jazz or Classically (although I know that kind of music isn't for everyone), but you can really hear how good it is. My wife's 2018 MiniVan has a JBL system in it, and again, I found myself wishing I was in my truck this weekend while driving her van.

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
The space most definitely. Having a BIG family it really makes sense to own something like this truck. For context I am 6'2, my oldest (17) 6'5, my younger son 6'1(15) all big boys. The pick up of the truck also surprised me. Ol' Powerboost is QUICK

Sponsored

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
The front acoustic glass that comes standard, even on XL trim, for a quieter ride

This is an $1000 option for Mercedes, lol

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Said before, but didn't expect that comfortable driving experience, even on the factory pogo-sticks. Three 10 hour days of driving back to back immediately on pickup and ended every day fresh as a daisy. Lariat seats definitely helped with that, but also that acoustic, UV tinted glass, and what seems to be 3 layers of seals on the doors.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
360 camera (really helps me park in tight spaces) and deployable running boards (added at last minute and were "free" with BAP.)

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I had a Sport Trac, 2001, and loved the no carpet and the way he floor mats were done, carpet but not the "shaggy" type. I've often wondered why they didn't carry this over, I wonder if the carpet is used because of sound dampening?
I did too, I love both the matts and having no carpet, the tight weave on the floor mats was nice.

Sponsored

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
37K on mine and still love it like day one, too much to list. Surprisingly I haven't used the "auto hold" feature in a while, but I recently started using it again and I forgot how much I enjoy not having to hold the brake down the entire time while stopped.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Doggone built in tailgate step with the extendo-matic handrail is very useful. Never thought it would be so!
My wife hates that I refer to that as the stripper pole while grinning when she uses it to get into and out of the bed of the truck....

LilCorky61

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired, currently IT
Everything I read with respect to the '22 502A suggested that in order to get the front proximity sensors one had to purchase the Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0. I only purchased the Co-Pilot360 Assist and the truck was delivered with the sensors. Didn't expect them but happy I have them!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Everything I read with respect to the '22 502A suggested that in order to get the front proximity sensors one had to purchase the Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0. I only purchased the Co-Pilot360 Assist and the truck was delivered with the sensors. Didn't expect them but happy I have them!
People were mistaken. That was true for 21 but not 22.

wesb2013

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2014 F150
Something I love on mine is the Autohold for the brakes. Unfortunately, I have decided not to use it as I'm in my work truck (2020 Ram 2500) more than my personal truck and don't want to introduce myself to a potential problem in my work truck by being used to having the Autohold on.

Maybe one day I can utilize it more, but for now, it's the forbidden fruit.

I love this feature! Though, I've definitely been honked at a few times for forgetting to touch the accelerator to go again.
Sponsored