Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
MPG, as ironic as it sounds, I am getting an average of 23.5 MPG over the lifetime of the truck.

auto folding mirrors for added peace of mind.

remote start, so I can start it and be ready to drive as soon as I buckle up.
Sponsored

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
The giddy up out of the 2.7 as compared to my 2001 Ranger with the 4.0.

Wonder

First Name
Marissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L EB XLT SCREW FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Accountant
I'm blown away at how spacious it is and how comfortable it is for the family. Super quiet. Very responsive. We have the mid XLT package. I love how convenient CarPlay has been. Our last truck was an 03 Dakota and I can't begin to compare how much better the experience has been with the F150. This truck is replacing our 2017 T-350 Transit as we didn't need that much space and everything fits in the bed of this truck with a topper for road trips.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Are you just lifting it slightly and it takes over, or having your knee hit the little button that activates it?
Use knee to slightly lift the tailgate itself, do not have to hit any buttons. You don't even have to lift it that high, I have been able to do it while carrying 50+lbs. Just complete estimate, but you need to get about 2-3 inches of lift and the truck takes over.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Use knee to slightly lift the tailgate itself, do not have to hit any buttons. You don't even have to lift it that high, I have been able to do it while carrying 50+lbs. Just complete estimate, but you need to get about 2-3 inches of lift and the truck takes over.
Son of a bitch learned something new! Thanks!

Sponsored

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
I'm a big dude, 6'4" and far more than i should weigh. I've never had a vehicle other than my F150 where I had to move the seat anywhere other than it's furthest back position, and the pedals in their most forward position. Because of that, I've never been able to take advantage of the 'easy enter / easy exit' features. With my F150, I can. I say "Wheee" whenever I start the car and it moves my seat, pedals, and steering wheel all into position.

Hudnut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Auto industry
All of the driver assistance stuff. lane centering and the intelligent adaptive cruise control. On the long road trips it's amazing how much less fatigue you feel. Can't wait for the Blue Cruise update to make it even better.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I love the reverse sensors when something is behind you or at an angle or a car speeds past while your backing up. The truck hits the breaks for you. It scares the hell out of you but its better then getting into an accident!

Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
So many things, but the "surprise and delight" for me is what I call the "Old Man Step" in the tailgate.
Oh yeah, love the step. Don't care if the big tough guys want to roll their eyes, that thing is infinitely helpful. It just speeds things up aside from the added convenience. When packing up for a trip or unloading heavy stuff from the bed, it's just unbeatable.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
For me it was the digital speedometer and tach. I like new tech (but still sort of an old school kinda guy) but really expected to hate them. Well wrong! Didn't take me long to appreciate the quick accurate visual they provide. Our SUV’s analog display almost hard to read now!
Sponsored