First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Answering the original question, I removed mine to improve payload for towing purposes. There's a thing called AAA. The OEM tire is 37 pounds on most F-150's, add another 30 for the wheel, you gain almost 70 pounds of payload. Honestly, mine goes to the back of the boat trailer, mounted there to lighten tongue weight and deal with the truck's towing limits. As noted, Ford does not provide a matching spare tire or wheel. Mine was a cheaper tire and steep wheel, although the same size, on a 20" chrome King Ranch set-up. Lighter than the other four.
You are wrong on one point. Ford will provide the same exact spare tire (and wheel)-- if you check the correct boxes.

I received 5 General Grabbers with my 2022 RCBS 4x4 from Ford. Same wheel for spare as well.

All I had to do was select the LT/AT tire option.

As a side note, the snow plow prep included removal of the auto air damn.

$500 for LT tires (5) and snow plow is well worth it. 2 big PITA items taken care of.

Well $450 since ford gave me $50 to remove auto s/s.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Yes but I think Raptors' inner bumper was modified to fit bigger spare.
Is anyone been able to confirm this?
It would be nice to be able to carry a spare 35" tire in the factory location.

Sponsored

mb1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum BAP PB
I was parked next to a Raptor 37 the other day in the cellphone lot at the airport. I did not crawl under his truck while he was sitting there, but it sure looked like a full-size spare under the truck. I would imagine that there must be some changes to fit a 37" tire under there, but it is probably doable with the right motivation.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The smaller diameter spare tire will not cause problems unless operating in 4WD. No reason to replace the spare tire and it simplifies tire rotation when it can be ignored.
Sponsored