Sponsored

What did you do WITH your F-150 today?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I get the need / want of the camera to show behind the trailer. But, why the view of the hitch?
I thought it would make a cool picture. Usually leave it on SXM or Google Maps. :)
Sponsored

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I thought it would make a cool picture. Usually leave it on SXM or Google Maps. :)
Ah... I've run CarPlay (usually showing AppleMaps)and the bedview a couple times in the 12" screen. Usually it's AppleMaps in the larger portion and CarPlay displaying music in the smaller section. Def need to look at a trailer backup camera.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Ah... I've run CarPlay (usually showing AppleMaps)and the bedview a couple times in the 12" screen. Usually it's AppleMaps in the larger portion and CarPlay displaying music in the smaller section. Def need to look at a trailer backup camera.
yeah, the same here. Google Maps on left 2/3, SXM on right 1/3 or SXM on left 2/3 and whatever on right 1/3. The last couple tows I didn't feel comfortable with Google Maps routing, so I just bought the RV890 when it was on sale for $399 due to the reviews from RV youtubers. The trailer backup is a Furrion 5" that was given to us by the person we bought the TT from. I would prefer something larger with better resolution, but it was part of the deal.

Reactions: 780

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
It was over the weekend, not today - but drove it for the first time!

Console looks amazing at night.

Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? truck-fall-colours
Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? technology-at-night

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
30 foot 10 inches, 6300 dry. It's a Twilight Sel2665.
Truck didn't feel much different than the 23 foot, 3800 dry camper I just got rid of. MPGs where just under 9, so about what I expected
Refreshing to see someone with reasonable MPG expectations when towing a giant sail. Just because you drop $70k on a pickup doesn't mean it'll magically convert 500 ft lbs of torque from 20 MPG when towing your RV.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Refreshing to see someone with reasonable MPG expectations when towing a giant sail. Just because you drop $70k on a pickup doesn't mean it'll magically convert 500 ft lbs of torque from 20 MPG when towing your RV.
Unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment.
In any event, I was overly pleased and impressed with the trucks performance

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've pretty much been ignoring mine. Something else has my attention, at least til the weather goes downhill.

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Our signage/custom hat company was waiting for a new shipment of hats, leather, and various equipment but our shipping company held it at the nearest hub because of snow. I was able to get a hold of someone and made it over the mountain passes to pickup the goods myself before the passes closed due to accidents. I learned a lot about the drive modes, my personal go to for snow is now slippery with traction control turned 1 click off, shout out to AWD. After making it back home and finishing some customer hats I figured I deserved my own new hat. Feeling good! Picture of my new headwear. Didn’t have the chance to snag photos of the massive snow flakes we saw coming down today or the various cars who weren’t prepared for the first snow of the season.

Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? 4CC89082-856E-4A8A-A3C4-F9DDF098ADF1

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Yesterday, got home from a round trip boondocking, tailgate weekend. with my MY22 Power Boost and my travel trailer in tow. Drove a total of 456 miles. On one tankful of nothing but towing, I got 10.5 mpg.

The truck supplied power to the trailer for a total of 55.5 hours., both at a Walmart on the way up, and at the large field next to the small airport where RV tailgaters have season parking passes. Used a total of 7.1 gallons of gas during those 55.5 hours.

All in all another successful outing with my Power Boost.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yesterday, got home from a round trip boondocking, tailgate weekend. with my MY22 Power Boost and my travel trailer in tow. Drove a total of 456 miles. On one tankful of nothing but towing, I got 10.5 mpg.

The truck supplied power to the trailer for a total of 55.5 hours., both at a Walmart on the way up, and at the large field next to the small airport where RV tailgaters have season parking passes. Used a total of 7.1 gallons of gas during those 55.5 hours.

All in all another successful outing with my Power Boost.
Go Hokies! (Though it's been a rough year, football-wise!)

We've already winterized my trailer back about a month ago, but now that I have my truck I can't wait to get it back out of storage again in the spring. The PB opens up so many new boondocking opportunities! I'm already starting to scout out some Forest Service campgrounds that I want to try out which I had previously avoided.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Go Hokies! (Though it's been a rough year, football-wise!)

We've already winterized my trailer back about a month ago, but now that I have my truck I can't wait to get it back out of storage again in the spring. The PB opens up so many new boondocking opportunities! I'm already starting to scout out some Forest Service campgrounds that I want to try out which I had previously avoided.
Yep. Another game where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Helped my dad swap over the seasonal equipment. Store it all at my house. Even though it's a light aluminum trailer and some lawn equipment, the new 5.0 towed it like nothing
Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? PXL_20221110_154137789
Sponsored