First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Swapped textured mirror covers with painted ones. I wanted to sorta blend the gloss and matte finishes on the body, fender badge, B pillar, mirror hinge, etc.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ F1401B39-D297-4202-B37A-24E40058EAD6
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Swapped textured mirror covers with painted ones. I wanted to sorta blend the gloss and matte finishes on the body, fender badge, B pillar, mirror hinge, etc.
F1401B39-D297-4202-B37A-24E40058EAD6.jpeg
Any tips or tricks for removing the mirror glass?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Sorry, what cup holder? If rear, mine doesn’t have those pinch things to hold cups still. I would like to fix that if possible…
It’s not “fixing” so much as replacing. You have to find a rear cupholder out of a 2021 and install it. The install is very easy, 5-10 minutes

Ford doesn’t make them anymore from what I’ve seen and they’re $100+ on ebay

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
It's fun doing stuff yourself, right? Nice job! Truck looks great!
Thank you I appreciate it! It was fun, cussed a lot, but also learned a lot. Knees hurt, feet hurt etc but it was worth not paying hundreds of dollars for someone else’s labor.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Cleaned my engine bay, amazing how dusty it got in 6-weeks of ownership. Looks like the day I picked her up again, actually takes a bit of work to get all the nooks and crannies. Yes, slow Sunday over here 😅
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 6E42F1F7-896D-43C9-8B73-180D4E6430B7

ErikJony

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Ford F-150
Upgrade the fog lights on my F150 with these Auxito H10 LED bulbs. They were simple to install - maybe 10 minutes to do both sides. The new LED fog lights are very bright! In fact, as a responsible night driver, I had to adjust the aiming a little bit to avoid offending oncoming drivers. That's my only recommendation - make sure to check and adjust the aiming before you go out on the road.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1679887450859

Sponsored

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Got my first pinstripes last weekend. Took it off roading for the first time. Did really well overall and the kids had a blast.
20230318_123649.jpg

20230318_131643.jpg

Also, post trip, what looks like a heat shield or something fell off near the fuel tank. What is it and do I need to worry about it?
20230322_173003.jpg
The truck looks great. That is most likely the heat shield that goes above the exhaust pipe where the pipe curves up and over the axle. You can use high heat, double-sided tape to put it back on. There are probably many F150s out there without that shield at this point.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
It’s not “fixing” so much as replacing
Thank you, you wouldn't happen to have a part number for it would ya?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Any tips or tricks for removing the mirror glass?
I did manage to find a couple of how to remove the 2021-2023 mirror cover videos, but they sorta skip on the removing the mirror glass.

I didn't take any pictures, sorry, but I'll try to explain it using my words.

Starting with the drivers side outside mirror.
1) Do not force anything. That said, the mirror glass is surprisingly tough. If you ever removed a snap on plastic part, they alway sound terrible when they pop, like you broke something, then a eureka moment when you see you didn't. In other words, take your time :)
2) Gently, push on the upper inside corner of the mirror glass. You are trying to angle the lower outside corner of the mirror glass to get access behind it. It will make several clicking sounds that also sound terrible, but I think we all have experienced the sound since they invented power mirrors.
3) Find a long skinny, narrow blade (1/8" wide or so), smooth shaft screw driver.
4) Find a bright flash light, a pen type light works the best IMO.
5) Take the flash light and study the inside of the mirror housing and behind the mirror glass. There isn't much room and I wouldn't pry to much on the mirror glass. Try to focus on how the mirror glass attaches to the mirror housing.
6) The mirror glass has a circular plastic snap fitting. The fitting snaps on the adjuster in the mirror housing. The fitting has four "corners" or notches in the circular fitting. The notches are screw driver blade width. The notches are positioned like the letter X. Right now the mirror glass is tilted exposing the lower left leg of the X if you will.
7) You will insert the screw driver between the mirror glass and the mirror housing, coming in from an angle, inserting the blade in the notch. The mirror glass is snapped on tight so you won't be able to insert the blade completely between the mirror glass and the adjuster, but it's enough to twist the screw driver and pop that corner of the mirror glass off.
8) Now there is a gap between the mirror glass fitting and the adjuster. You can move the screw driver blade a little more and twist the blade to work your way around the circular fitting. I think I only needed to do this one or two more times before I could tilt the mirror glass and use my fingers to get the mirror glass off.
9) Once the mirror glass is off, you may have wires attached for blind spot, heated mirrors, etc. depending on your trim.

Once that's done, you can see what I mean about the circular fitting on the backside of the mirror glass. I wish I had take a picture for others. And like I said, there are and maybe more videos out there that explains this procedure. It's not bad, I've done it three times now on both mirrors.

I hope this helps....

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Thank you, you wouldn't happen to have a part number for it would ya?
Not on me right now, but yes. However I don’t think it’ll do you much good since Ford no longer sells it and any salvage reseller doesn’t list the cup holders by part number. It’s somewhere in one of these threads. It may even be in one of mine, but I’ll look tonight when I get off work

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
My BAP front and rear emblems came in over the weekend. Has anyone swapped out the front emblem without removing/disassembling the grill?? I have a Lariat grill so thinking I can get my hand through the front enough to get to the fasteners of the emblem? Gonna give it a try today
Sponsored