Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost Long Bed
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
BuiltRight rear seat latch
Wow - bought that ^^^ immediately! Consider yourself an influencer now πŸ˜‚

As for me, threw on my Softopper and made a little platform for my dogs. In my previous truck I did a full rear seat delete, but decided against it with this one. Instead I bought some wood, wrapped it with auto carpet, then hung it with ratchet straps for a little extra support. Most of the weight sits on the seat, but figured a little extra support wouldn't hurt.

I've previously had the little rear dog hammocks type cover, but this gives them a bit more room to fully lay. I don't strap them in with harness / seatbelt, so I also added the cage between the seats for accident protection (both us, and the dogs) if we ever get in a light crash.

I have a cart full of things when they get back into stock (suspension, wheels, tires), but for now I'm just driving and enjoying.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1186C679-A0BE-443F-B7B9-57050FFE7160

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_3075

-Chris
Sponsored

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
As many have said, this thread (and forum) are dangerous because it gives you too many good ideas on how to spend more money. I picked up my 22 Lariat PB in early September from Granger and have logged some pretty significant miles (8,300+) in it so far. I drove it home to San Antonio from Iowa, and then in November, we drove to my family's home in Northern MN. Then in late December, we drove to Orlando to stay with the in-laws for a few weeks. We couldn't be happier with the ride (and cabin) comfort, fuel economy, and overall look.

All that said, I've made a few upgrades/additions that have really been worth it IMO:
  • Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic tint - Did 30% all around and 80% on the windshield. The heat reduction is no joke.
  • Line-X Premium - I opted for premium because at the time, I didn't have a tonneau and the sun/heat here in Texas is no joke. I'm happy with the installer I went with; they took the tailgate off (without issue) and even sprayed the strip between the tailgate and bumper (per my request), which looks much better (IMO).
  • Extang Solid Fold 2.0 tonneau cover - I really wanted something more low profile, but we have 2 - Yeti Tundra 250 coolers that are almost exactly the same height as the bed rails, so we opted for this cover, and I've been really impressed. Minimal water (if any) gets in the bed, and overall feels pretty secure since each side has its own latch.
  • Steeda Rear Swaybar - This came strongly recommended by @Snakebitten, and boy, was he right. After installation, I felt an immediate improvement in reduced body roll and understeer.
  • Bilstein B8 5100 Rear Shocks - These were more of a "hey, since I'm getting under the truck anyway" addition. I do believe they have improved dampening over rough roads vs. the OEM shocks.
  • Roush Cold Air Intake - This is another "probably frivolous addition," but I've noticed a slight improvement in MPGs (1-1.5mpg), so no complaints here.
  • Husky Rear Wheel Well Guards - I'm happy this was one of the first items I did; the look is great, and it kept a ton of snow out when in MN in November.
  • B&W Tow & Stow 3-Ball Mount - Looks good tucked away and will be handy come tow time.
  • Rain-X Silicone AdvantEdge 22 in Wiper Blades - The OEM blades are trash, and didn't even make it 5K miles before I had to swap them.
  • Rydonair 7 in Antenna - Also frivolous, but happy to report no loss in signal range/quality, and honestly, it does look better than the OEM whip.
  • Top Glove Box Organizer - Seemed good in theory, but not sure it has been a useful addition at this point.
  • Sylvania LED White License Plate Bulbs - I questioned the need for this many pages earlier in this thread, and honestly, the person who recommended these was right. They look so much better.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Tint2.JPG
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Solid Fold
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Roush Airfilter
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Steeda Swaybar

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm curious, what's the benefit of having the backs fold forward like this? What's your use case?

I store my jumper cables, tow strap, umbrella, and snow brush behind my passenger side rear seat. I plan on putting a moving blanket, ratchet straps, safety vest, and tarp behind the driver's side seat.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
rear seat latch by pass
cost .10 cents in safety wire and free insulation heat shrink and 2 dollar grounding strap from a rotor head off a helicopter
frugal is me . really makes me ask why ford has not made the spot easy access for long long time

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220902_132037

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
Some more internal space. Still deciding what I want but things include: bungies, straps, tarp, netting, safety vest. Also using space behind passenger side rear seat and under seat storage but more is always better, haha!
Maybe because I haven't gotten my seat to fold forward in that direction yet I don't know what I'm missing lol.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
rear seat latch by pass
cost .10 cents in safety wire and free insulation heat shrink and 2 dollar grounding strap from a rotor head off a helicopter
frugal is me . really makes me ask why ford has not made the spot easy access for long long time

20220902_132037.jpg
Ford probably gets a $3 cut from every Biltright device sold. :)

They'll be getting my $3 soon.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Maybe because I haven't gotten my seat to fold forward in that direction yet I don't know what I'm missing lol.
Yeah, its not intuitive. Check out my thread under "Interior" mods; it shows a picture on how you use a wrench to pull up a tab.

The wire-loop thing is pretty clever, gotta admit! I ordered the BuiltRight before even picking up the truck; if I had scoped out the seat beforehand, I might have done something different. On the other hand, its not THAT expensive and you're supporting a local business that seems legit.

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
I bought the built right seat pull, but with a powerboost most of that space is taken up by factory stuff. I only throw this out there so any other PB owners realize there's not really any usable space back there in these models.

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 5.0 Space White
Occupation
Firefighter
BAP Heads and tails complete
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230110_192934
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230110_192907

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230112_095325

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230110_140511

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230112_095201

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230112_095216

Last edited:

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
Installed JBL GTO 939 & 629 speakers with ASC adapters purchased from Amazon. First time in a new vehicle where a speaker upgrade made so much difference. This is in a non BO system. Very happy with how much clearer and the increased bass.

Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
As many have said, this thread (and forum) are dangerous because it gives you too many good ideas on how to spend more money.
  • Steeda Rear Swaybar - This came strongly recommended by @Snakebitten, and boy, was he right. After installation, I felt an immediate improvement in reduced body roll and understeer.
Steeda Swaybar.jpg

Thanks. Why do I need this now? πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜₯πŸ˜‚

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
That has my intrest !!!

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Ordered a new trifold hard tonneau. My current one is in need of replacement.

Wanted the Retrax X4s but with the rails, my Ford bed extender wasn't going to work with it and that's one accessory I wouldn't give up.