First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Nice phone mount Frank! Might have to look into one for mine. Did you ever make it to Advance Auto and the Home Depot? I used to listen to Blink 182 in high school. What’s the weather like down there in Sebring, FL? πŸ˜‚
Stalker πŸ€ͺ

But you had good taste in music in hs πŸ˜‰

And it's HOT! (You must've missed the 98F on my dash πŸ˜› and that was at 4:27)
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Do you have a link for the mount? Thanks
Just note that your phone needs magsafe (an apple phone) or magsafe case

iOttie Velox Magnetic Flush Mount Car Phone Holder. Compatible with MagSafe iPhone Including iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone 12/13 Mini, Pro, Pro Max https://a.co/d/dFwdvdc

Blkphantom

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2022 F150 screw lariat 502a 5.0
Just note that your phone needs magsafe (an apple phone) or magsafe case

iOttie Velox Magnetic Flush Mount Car Phone Holder. Compatible with MagSafe iPhone Including iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone 12/13 Mini, Pro, Pro Max https://a.co/d/dFwdvdc
Awesome thank you

GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
Gets enabled when you get to PowerUp 2.5.2/2.8.2 or equivalent. You can turn the card on with ForScan, but until your IPMA gets updated, it won't work.
How did you get this update? Luck of the draw or do you have some skills? Also are you able to use the Backup Assist decals? I've heard rumors that there will be an OTA Update to allow this and using the sensor?

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Γ—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
How did you get this update? Luck of the draw or do you have some skills? Also are you able to use the Backup Assist decals? I've heard rumors that there will be an OTA Update to allow this and using the sensor?
I did most of my updates via FDRS, but did get 2.8.2 a couple weeks ago. If it's coming OTA, it's pretty much luck. I don't have a trailer, so I can't comment on backup assist, but that was supposedly enabled as well

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
JLT 3.0 from a forum member.

I was going to go UPR, but the price was hard to pass and I like helping forum members when I can.

If you do get the JLT, attach the hoses to the intake and exhaust before attaching the screws to the mount, I had to undo and fish a little to get the exhaust hooked up.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 9EE93259-4573-4297-B27F-7135F7E58B74

Yes, I’m aware I don’t β€œneed” a catch can. I also don’t β€œneed” the magnet on the oil filter I put on in the dealer parking lot. I have both because I plan on squeezing as much life out of this truck as I can.

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Yes, I’m aware I don’t β€œneed” a catch can. I also don’t β€œneed” the magnet on the oil filter I put on in the dealer parking lot. I have both because I plan on squeezing as much life out of this truck as I can.
Wait, are the oem drain plugs not magnetic?

I don't know there's any evidence a catch can extends engine life. Not that I have any issues with them though, I just have used them to relieve excess pressure and increase performance from a boosted engine.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
None of the available factory-optional running boards for my Lariat 500A 'rang my bell' but it only took me a few days to realize that something was needed lest I wear out my upholstery dragging my bony old ass across the corner of my driver's seat.

So the search was on for something wheel-to-wheel in black with simple clean lines. I took a chance on these and I'm happy, they're hell-for-stout heavy extruded AL with the solid AL end caps welded on giving a totally one-piece appearance (the traction grooves in the top are part of the extrusion, not a separate rubber piece).

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ BOARDS 02

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ BOARDS 01

Note that the extension under the bed has a 130kg / 300lb weight limit warning, not a problem for me at 175#. The mounts use the OE running board mounting studs and a far-rear of the cab mount using OE holes and supplied "T" bolts. All of the hardware is stout and good quality IMO, they include the proper plastic washers for AL/steel isolation, installation was easy, the result is very solid. This is the 5" wide version, delivered price with UPS ground shipping and TX sales tax was $514.

Here's the product page (note the installation instructions can be downloaded), if you like the clean and simple functional look I recommend them.

PS - yep, that "4x4" decal on the box-side mysteriously fell-off when my truck got to Texas :oops: ;)

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Wait, are the oem drain plugs not magnetic?

I don't know there's any evidence a catch can extends engine life. Not that I have any issues with them though, I just have used them to relieve excess pressure and increase performance from a boosted engine.
I have not removed my oil plug yet, so I do not know.

Been quite a few tests proving catch cans reduce carbon buildup on the valves, which can lead to engine failure if enough buildup occurs.

Sponsored

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Put quite a few mods on my 5.0;
Tailgate applique
Tailgate spoiler
22" wheels with Michelin Defenders
Rear wheel well liners
De-badged the bed
Extang hard flip tonneau
Short antenna
Window visors

Still have to tint the fronts, install custom fender badges, spray liner in the bed and put on my lowering kit.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Installed RC Vertex 2.5 Adjustable shocks. Super easy install! I already had a 6" lift from my Black Widow package but the shocks that came with the truck were Fox Adventure Series. Looking forward to testing this things out!
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 67778168120__D6CE00DA-BFB6-436C-A268-C6F39B0F2637

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I have not removed my oil plug yet, so I do not know.

Been quite a few tests proving catch cans reduce carbon buildup on the valves, which can lead to engine failure if enough buildup occurs.
I don't have strong feelings about catch cans and am not qualified or willing to debate them, but I thought the change to combined direct AND port injection has eliminated the issue that catch cans attempt to solve?

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I don't have strong feelings about catch cans and am not qualified or willing to debate them, but I thought the change to combined direct AND port injection has eliminated the issue that catch cans attempt to solve?

You are correct, the combined direct and port should reduce valve buildup. However, since we still have port injection, some fuel and oil from the feedback could still be mixed behind the valve and attach itself before combustion, while less likely thanks to dual injection, still possible.
Sponsored