First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Installed a Spigen screen protector last night.
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Since it has a matte finish, there is a ever so slight blur to the image quality, but only if your really really look for it. I haven't noticed any change to the sensitivity of the touch screen either. And best part is, NO MORE FINGER PRINTS!!
Looks great! I have one of these on our switch and it was easy to apply. I installed the OCD one for the truck, but it was hard to keep dust out from under it and one of the corners is messed up (installer error (me), not product). I kind of like the idea of glass though so maybe i'll check this one out if I decide o try it again (currently just kept the OCD one on there).
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Installed a Spigen screen protector last night.
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Since it has a matte finish, there is a ever so slight blur to the image quality, but only if your really really look for it. I haven't noticed any change to the sensitivity of the touch screen either. And best part is, NO MORE FINGER PRINTS!!
I installed the "OCDPlug" version recently, probably the exact same material. I got used to the very subtle blur almost immediately and don't miss the gloss screen... or the fingerprints! I like it.

EDIT: Just noticed the Spigen products says "real glass" on the box. Definitely not same product as OCDPlug, which is a film. Interesting.

Last edited:

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
I installed the "OCDPlug" version recently, probably the exact same material. I got used to the very subtle blur almost immediately and don't miss the gloss screen... or the fingerprints! I like it.
I've only driven once since installing so I was really looking for a change over the naked screen.

Another pro of the matte finish is how it feels. Has a very slick, almost Teflon/ceramic feel to it.

I kind of like the idea of glass
I feel installation of a film would be much more difficult than one solid, sturdy pane of glass. With the Spigen unit, all I had to do after cleaning the screen really good, was line up the top corners, apply slight pressure, and let gravity do the rest. You could watch it adhere to the screen. No bubbles and installed perfectly first try.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I also have the OCD Plug version and I love the no fingerprints. I do not notice any blur at all. Next item I am getting is the OCD pillar protectors. I can't stand the light "scratch marks" on them and I have been very careful, only handwashing my truck so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
3D MaxPider Kagu Mats for SuperCab (google is your friend). I liked them in my previous Ridgeline, liking them again in the Lariat, the contours and fit are excellent.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ DS 02 R

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ PS R

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ REAR R

The only 'downside' is the too garish raised badge, easily remedied by prying off the retaining caps from the back, pull off the badge from the front, apply a dab of black RTV silicon to the back to fill the two tiny holes.

Bob's yer uncle: functional mats with good coverage that don't look too 'utilitarian' like Husky/Weathertech, easy to clean (I hit 'em with the pressure washer), and no advertising logo.

Last edited:

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
3D MaxPider Mats for SuperCab (google is your friend). I liked them in my previous Ridgeline, liking them again in the Lariat, the contours and fit are excellent.
DS 02 R.png

PS R.png

REAR R.png

The only 'downside' is the too garish raised badge, easily remedied by prying off the retaining caps from the back, pull off the badge from the front, apply a dab of black RTV silicon to the back to fill the two tiny holes.

Bob's yer uncle: functional mats with good coverage that don't look too 'utilitarian' like Husky/Weathertech, easy to clean (I hit 'em with the pressure washer), and no advertising logo.
I've got these, too. Might take the logos off at some point... Hadn't thought of just filling with some black silicone. Good call!

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I've got these, too. Might take the logos off at some point... Hadn't thought of just filling with some black silicone. Good call!
Put a ~1/4" dab on the back next to the hole, then use a wet fingertip to gently swipe it across the hole, pressing just enough to make the silicon squeeze through only until flush on the top - it'll be an 'invisible repair' when it sets-up. If imperfect, don't mess with it until the RTV sets-up, shave off the set RTV with a razor blade if it's a tad above flush on top.

IMO it turns an almost perfect product into a perfect product, BTDT on two sets of 'em ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Today we lost power and the estimate was for it to be out for 6 hours or so. I don't have the house wired for the truck to power it so just ran an extension cord to the fridge to at least keep the contents cold. Probably would have been fine for 6 hours, but we had food we just got from a restaurant and we didn't want to leave it out for 6 hours.

Either way. It was nice to be able to do it. I'm also a bit embarrassed that it probably took me about 30 minutes to realize that I could use the truck's generator...lol

Bald Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2021 Expedition Max
Installed wheel well liners and tailgate stickers. It goes to the shop in the morning for level, wheels and tires. Will post some pics tomorrow

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150